Can Newbie Book Cayamo?

SomethingFun!

Hello! After many years of "wishing," I have decided to get on Board the Sixthman Cayamo Cruise. I've done all the pre-sign-up stuff, but am feeling a bit disheartened, as I have heard it's all but impossible to "get in" unless you have been on a Sixthman Cruise previously (kind of a Catch-22). Today, in reading a review of last year's cruise, I read this and sunk a little deeper:

"Cayamo's popularity has grown and now sells out each year. Priority for booking is based on your past 'loyalty’ – bookings start with those with the most consecutive (and current) attendances, followed by those that have sailed some time previously and,
finally, newcomers who usually need to know someone to get on to the boat
."

So... am I doomed to never check the box beside this particular bucket-list item?

That depends. I am a Sixthman cruisers and the one Cayamo I went on, we got 1 of a small handfull of interiors cabins left during our presale time. Thankfully it was in our preferred location.

If the cruise sells out before your booking time, your best bet is to be flexible with your cabin type. The waiting list is set up by cabin type. So if you say balcony only, you might get passed over on several interior or oceanview cabins that become available.

Your other option would be to join the Cayamo facebook group. People often post looking for cabinmates if others drop out or if they want to cut costs by adding someone else.

Good luck.

I've been on many charter cruises now and Sixthman is by far my favorite company to travel with.

• 11 months later...

Doing a Cayamo and any other Sixthman cruise back to back is a bucket list item for me! I have done 4 Sixthman and my cruising budy has gone on 8. We try every year to get in, and it sells out before we can get in!!! We even need a handicapped room, one year we had it "saved" for us by Sixthman with the warning it could be taken from us by a cruiser higher on the list!! and sure enough a week later we lost it!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!