"Reception" back on board time?

Roxxy

My daughter is getting married on one of our stops (GC) and then we will be booking the Limelight lounge (I think that's what its called ! ) for 2 hours - not as a wedding group but just with the groups booking dept.

My question is if all aboard time is 3:30 pm - and dinner is at 8:15 pm (dining room) what time do you think we should book the room - hordouerves , cake and DJ for?

Are you going to do the hordoerves, cake, DJ before dinner? If so, I would say 5:45. That will put the end of the cake/DJ at 7:45 and give guests 30 min to freshen up/use the bathroom/make their way to dinner. If you're looking to do the reception afterwards, I would allow 2 hours for dinner, with the expectation that most will end at 1 1/2 hours :-).

Are you going to do the hordoerves, cake, DJ before dinner? If so, I would say 5:45. That will put the end of the cake/DJ at 7:45 and give guests 30 min to freshen up/use the bathroom/make their way to dinner. If you're looking to do the reception afterwards, I would allow 2 hours for dinner, with the expectation that most will end at 1 1/2 hours :-).

Thank you for your opinion .. that sounds like good timing.

Yes, Hordoerves and cake before dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
My daughter is getting married on one of our stops (GC) and then we will be booking the Limelight lounge (I think that's what its called ! ) for 2 hours - not as a wedding group but just with the groups booking dept.

My question is if all aboard time is 3:30 pm - and dinner is at 8:15 pm (dining room) what time do you think we should book the room - hordouerves , cake and DJ for?

How are you able to do cake on board if you're going through groups and not wedding department? I was told it wasn't possible. At most we could get sheet cake but not an actual wedding cake with flavors and décor. I'd LOVE to know. Also, did they actually give you the option of time. I was told I could ask, but wouldn't find out until a few weeks before if the time was approved, which is why I am now considering doing the reception on shore too.

The cruise ship makes all the cakes, regardless of who "orders" it (Royal Romance, group department, etc). I booked mine directly through the groups department (this was princess). They just told me to send a picture with flavors and exact dimensions (aka how big it was) and they'd give me a quote. I had to google how much cake to order to feed x number of people, but other than that it was fairly easy. Looked better than the pintrest photo I sent them too, lol. I think you need to use Royal Romance for decorating the space itself. That's what the wedding coordinators are supposed to do? The kitchen will bring out the cake and set it up, but if you want special table clothes, centerpieces, etc. all that is through RR.

I did the whole wedding as a corporate event and just booked everything individually. You may get push back for trying to book things yourself since whoever on RCIs end is used to dealing with RR. Then again, the reception doesn't have to be part of your RR package I don't think (Unless you already booked all that?). I think you could just call the groups department and say you want to host and event for your group and would like a specialty cake to celebrate.

The cruise ship makes all the cakes, regardless of who "orders" it (Royal Romance, group department, etc). I booked mine directly through the groups department (this was princess). They just told me to send a picture with flavors and exact dimensions (aka how big it was) and they'd give me a quote. I had to google how much cake to order to feed x number of people, but other than that it was fairly easy. Looked better than the pintrest photo I sent them too, lol. I think you need to use Royal Romance for decorating the space itself. That's what the wedding coordinators are supposed to do? The kitchen will bring out the cake and set it up, but if you want special table clothes, centerpieces, etc. all that is through RR.

I did the whole wedding as a corporate event and just booked everything individually. You may get push back for trying to book things yourself since whoever on RCIs end is used to dealing with RR. Then again, the reception doesn't have to be part of your RR package I don't think (Unless you already booked all that?). I think you could just call the groups department and say you want to host and event for your group and would like a specialty cake to celebrate.

Thanks. Ya, I don't know if it's different because you were on Princess, or if my TA was just wrong (which would REALLY piss me off because their company is a specialty cruise wedding TA.) I'll try calling groups department when I get back to the US. Thanks!! Do you have pics from your reception somewhere on the web?

Thanks. Ya, I don't know if it's different because you were on Princess, or if my TA was just wrong (which would REALLY piss me off because their company is a specialty cruise wedding TA.) I'll try calling groups department when I get back to the US. Thanks!! Do you have pics from your reception somewhere on the web?

Carnival IS different. They will only provide us with a slab cake. So yes, it will not be our 'ideal' wedding cake. But not so much of a big priority. We just want the time for some speeches and some thank you's with private photography.

We will also have a DJ for the 2 hours. We were able to pick our time. We have to be out by 7 pm.

Carnival IS different. They will only provide us with a slab cake. So yes, it will not be our 'ideal' wedding cake. But not so much of a big priority. We just want the time for some speeches and some thank you's with private photography.

We will also have a DJ for the 2 hours. We were able to pick our time. We have to be out by 7 pm.

I wonder why Carnival has different rules about the cake than Princess, when they're owned by the same company. Obviously Carnival makes wedding cakes all the time, you'd think who "ordered" it wouldn't matter.

I wonder why Carnival has different rules about the cake than Princess, when they're owned by the same company. Obviously Carnival makes wedding cakes all the time, you'd think who "ordered" it wouldn't matter.

It's all about the booking - if you are booking and paying for a wedding thru Carnival then yes - they will provide a custom cake.

We are doing this with a Cayman Islands Wedding Planner and just using the 'Event Planning Group' on board Carnival for the reception.

We did something similar for our wedding. We booked everything for the ceremony in port via local vendors. Then did the reception on board via the group/event booking department. We didn't have any issues getting a speciality cake though. Of course, we were so full from all the food we barely touched the cake. A regular sheet cake would have been more than enough.

Can't wait to see pictures of your wedding! :-). Sounds beautiful! THe Cayman Islands are one of my favorite ports.