Solo Cruiser

raychopra

Hello Everyone,

Am sure there are people like me who love to Cruise but being Single end up paying full fare for the Cabin.

I am thinking about a group where Solo Cruisers can find other Solo Cruisers to just share the Cabin to keep

the cost even. I am one of those Cruisers who is always Ready to Board provided GOOD Price is there, have lot of flexibility. Am from California so ports in CA are preferred but OPEN to other ports with GOOD STEALS/LAST MINUTE.

Hopefully we can match Solo Cruisers to share the cabin to keep the cost even n have fun aboard. :cool::cool::cool:

Two or three agencies run hosted solos cruises, usually monthly. They will pair you with a same sex cabinmate to get the lower rate. Most of these are seven nights from FL. You can hang out with group or go off on your own. Do a Google search-Hosted singles cruises.

Two or three agencies run hosted solos cruises, usually monthly. They will pair you with a same sex cabinmate to get the lower rate. Most of these are seven nights from FL. You can hang out with group or go off on your own. Do a Google search-Hosted singles cruises.

I tried these earlier but the rates u get from these hosted ones come to about the same a if taking a conventional one as a solo. I was looking for people with same taste who wants to cruise but don't want to pay these high prices. For example I got a 7 day Cruise for couple of lower hundreds with being a Solo in the cabin.

Hello Everyone,

Am sure there are people like me who love to Cruise but being Single end up paying full fare for the Cabin.

I am thinking about a group where Solo Cruisers can find other Solo Cruisers to just share the Cabin to keep

the cost even. I am one of those Cruisers who is always Ready to Board provided GOOD Price is there, have lot of flexibility. Am from California so ports in CA are preferred but OPEN to other ports with GOOD STEALS/LAST MINUTE.

Hopefully we can match Solo Cruisers to share the cabin to keep the cost even n have fun aboard. :cool::cool::cool:

Check cruiseplum website, they show good deals for solos as well as great deals for last minute cruises. I have not seen any good deals from California, but I did see some amazing deals from NY and Miami.

If you are able to do last minute then you are in for a treat. You can find extremely cheap deals, with zero single supplement. Mostly I have seen it with NCL.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried these earlier but the rates u get from these hosted ones come to about the same a if taking a conventional one as a solo. I was looking for people with same taste who wants to cruise but don't want to pay these high prices. For example I got a 7 day Cruise for couple of lower hundreds with being a Solo in the cabin.

The hosted singles cruise I am booked on is the same price with a roommate as the cruise lines website for the usual double occupancy. The TA who sponsors this group matches same gender in order to obtain the regular double occupancy price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
As others have said, there are matching services available. Personally, I would never consider rooming with a stranger. No way! :o:o:o

Totally agree.......I don't even share with someone I do know so to share a cabin with a stranger?

That is definitely not for me either.

Totally agree.......I don't even share with someone I do know so to share a cabin with a stranger?

That is definitely not for me either.

I hear you, Lois! I just got off the NCL Pearl on Sunday and took a friend with me (I'd booked a balcony because it was an Alaska cruise and since I had to pay for a second person, I decided to take my friend as she's going through a tough divorce). We did pretty well, but there were certainly times I was longing for some solitude! LOL. I'm just not used to having someone around me that much! I sometimes travel with my youngest (22 years old) and I can spend 24/7 with her with no problem at all. But, traveling with a friend with whom I've never spent more than four hours at a time was fun and challenging. A stranger? Never!