New! OFFICIAL Meet & Mingles on Your Next 7-day or Longer Carnival Cruise!

LauraS

Just back from Carnival Magic 5/13/17 sailing and have to say there were few attendees at the event, but I'm guessing it was because few received invitations. It was not listed in the Fun Times. We were visiting with someone from another site who mentioned her daughter didn't get her invite. We didn't, but since she told us the time and place, we dropped by. A woman with a clipboard asked for our invitation and we said we didn't get it, but we had signed up. She made a call and then let us enter. Maybe 10 - 12 people were in the Piano bar. The only crew member was Dr. E. He shook hands with a few people and left. No offer of snacks or beverages. We won't be signing up for this again.

Monthly update: Received same email last night at 7:01PM. I am hoping something positive, not another hurtle, fence to jump over, or weasel clause. Sailing on the Glory next month. Originally have to sign up 2 weeks before sailing. Now, have to register 3 weeks before sailing. Dynamics of meet & mingle - moving target? The positive part is asking for room number. Already have my name, email address, & roll call handle. Does NOT show up on roll call. Have to go to Community, or boards to register. There they ask for a booking number.

What do you think? 130 plus cruises, less than 2 years on Cruise Critic, disappointed! I'll keep depending on myself. Update next month after cruise.

Read: Post 130,Better how?Sounds like hit or miss!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had 109 signed up for our Meet and Mingle the week of June 17-23, on the Magic. I understand only about 30 attended, because MANY of us did not receive the invitation that was sent out. The event was apparently held in the Vibe nightclub, at 5:30, on the 19th. We found out about it after the fact, and we were sorely disappointed in the lack of communication.

I thought I had posted a reply to this thread shortly after our last cruise, but didn't see it. Sorry if this is a repeat.

We were on a Miami trip in 2016. Visited Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan (spelling?) The Meet and Greet was set up, over 25 CC members said they would attend.

I saw a notice in the Fun Times saying it would happen just prior to early dining. I believe it was a sea day (day 4?) but could be wrong.

There were 5 CC'ers who showed up. My party of 4 and one other who came in about 30 minutes after the start of the event. Carnival had provided snacks (fruit bowl and something else) for about 50 people (we hardly made a dent in it). They offered free drinks. Two crew members were there, the assistant cruise director and someone from the hotel staff (assistant or director). We had a great time talking with them, getting insights into life as a crew member.

In my opinion, Carnival delivered all they could (except a personal engraved invitation). It was the CC members who failed to deliver.

Will I sign up for M&M on future cruises, YES. Will I attend, YES. I can only hope my fellow CC'ers do the same.

• 1 month later...

For Freedom cruise last February, for our roll call on another social media site, we contacted John Heald 5 days prior to sailing, and they provided us a time and location for the M&G, which was on the first sea day. For our Cruise Critic M&G, I belive we got a notice in our cabin the night before. We had already made plans, so couldn't attend. I believe it was the 2nd sea day. Maybe if we could get notifications before we actually sailed, attendance would be better....

Sent from my Galaxy 4

• 2 weeks later...

We all pay premium prices to go to the Eastern route , the western route is cheaper so so we are out of money if I wanted to go to the West I would off booked it and fly into Tampa which is cheaper than Miami. I'm not asking for cash, I'm asking for the difference to be added to the room or a upgrade to the room.

Wow, we were just being polite and answering your question. Another example of why we need to be kind to each other. Have fun at the meet and greet please remove us from the list. We love cruise critic and will join the next one on another cruise line they seem to be friendlier than this one. Happy cruising to all.

Pssst!

Have you seen the new Carnival/Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle button on this forum? Look to your right. Yes...the right. See the button under the first ad? Click Join the Party, well..to join the party! (It will take you to the Party Registration Page!)

There will now be Official Meet & Mingle Parties on board your 7-day or longer Carnival cruise!

Enjoy!

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Forums