Laundry - Magic Bag

G.M.T.

Just looking through My Costa for our next cruise under Celebration & Surprises and there was one surpise that I had not seen before.

The laundry Magic Bag - 25 pieces for €19.99, used to be available a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Now it can be booked online with date, time and quantity fields.

Will have to find out more, i.e. if it can be used more than once on a cruise and als at anytime. If anyone has any information about it please post.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems as if many of the cruise lines offer something similar to this magic bag offer. Is it basically a launder and fold, with no ironing, for items like underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc?

Also, how are the results and quality control?

On another line we had the items come back not really clean nor dry, and in one case, off-smelling!! Has to resend them out to be cleaned and dried properly.

Thanks,

tnt10

Edited by tnt10

The Magic Bag offer is a full laundry service, wash, ironing and folding (does not cover dry cleaning), covers not just your undies but also shirts, jeans etc.

Always use it, only had one problem, so I thought, It looked like that one shirt had shrunk, but turned out I had eaten too much ice cream in the MDR.

The Magic Bag offer is a full laundry service, wash, ironing and folding (does not cover dry cleaning), covers not just your undies but also shirts, jeans etc.

Always use it, only had one problem, so I thought, It looked like that one shirt had shrunk, but turned out I had eaten too much ice cream in the MDR.

Nice to know that it includes ironing as well, that makes it very useful.

Have had the same shrinkage issues myself :rolleyes:

Happy Cruising,

tnt10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The magic bag is free for Perla Diamante clients. Certainly a good way of ending a cruise we have all but what we are wearing on the last day (this sometimes runs into two bags) comes back ready to pack.

Seems as if many of the cruise lines offer something similar to this magic bag offer. Is it basically a launder and fold, with no ironing, for items like underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc?

Also, how are the results and quality control?

On another line we had the items come back not really clean nor dry, and in one case, off-smelling!! Has to resend them out to be cleaned and dried properly.

Thanks,

tnt10

On the Medterranea, we found the quality of the Magic Bag laundry service to be very good. The items were clean, not shrunk, and folded nicely. Our room steward laid them out on the bed for us while we were at dinner.

• 3 weeks later...