Group Booking and Cheers Package - Carnival

Hello everyone!

My fiance and I are in the process of accumulating information for our wedding cruise in January 2019 (nothing has been booked yet even though we know what cruise we want to do just want to make sure we have all the information we need first). With that said, I just so happened to stumble across a caveat in the CHEERS beverage program that I feel would really mess up the idea of doing a group booking through Carnival. It says the following:

• Group bookings (consisting of a minimum of 30 adults) can purchase CHEERS! prior to the cruise by contacting Group Event Planning (all adult guests in the group must purchase the program; all minors in the group must purchase Bottomless Bubbles program).

Does this mean that everyone in the group would have to buy the CHEERS package? I find that extremely unfair if that is the case since some people don't drink etc. Or am I reading it wrong?

Has anyone have experience with this? I would greatly appreciate your input!

Maybe there's a discount? Seems very strange to force everyone to get Cheers and the kids get the bottomless bubbles, just because they are in a group booking. Let me know what you find out, if you call!

This information is a little outdated. At one time, the only way to get the Cheers package was if booking a group as you mentioned. Now, anyone can purchase Cheers. The only stipulation is that if one person in cabin wants it then everyone in that cabin over the age of 21 must also purchase. Every cabin in your group does not have to purchasr and no minimum number required since everyone over 21 on a cruise has the option.

• 3 weeks later...