Men's Neckties

Since living in Fla, my DH & Friends DH rarely wear neckties..DH will not take his TUX on our Christmas/New Year’s cruise..

On our last cruise my Friend & I spent a long time trying to help the men tie their neckties but they looked awful..LOL

DH is over 6 ft & fairly slim & my Friends DH is about 5’8 & a bit hefty..

This time our men want to get clip on ties, but I need to know if they should be wide or skinny..:confused:

Does someone know what the fashion is now?

Saw one on e-Bay which will go with DH’s Navy suit & wonder if it will be OK.. :cool:

http://www.ebay.com/sme/henryp252/Extra-10-off-when-you-spend-30/so.html?_soffid=5023764008&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_seedid=282571349286&_trksid=p2047675.m3794

Thanks for the help..

In lieu of a clip on tie, I highly recommend a zipper tie. Google it. There are several places to buy them.

I see there are already zipper ties on your link.

It seems like today, you can do whatever you want with everything, but ties these days seem to fall into a normal and slimmer ranger than wider.

Just my opinion, but I would rather see an imperfectly tied necktie, done by the wearer or spouse, than a pre-tied one. They just look so stiff and tight. I had to practice for a while before DH could go public in one of his bowties, and I still sometimes have to re-do, but it is so worth the effort. With long ties, I think it's mostly a matter of getting the two ends in the right place.

Regarding width, I see mostly medium width, or somewhat narrow, rather than very wide.

Too bad about not taking a tux for a Christmas and New Year cruise. They are usually the dressiest/most festive cruises of the year.

Just my opinion, but I would rather see an imperfectly tied necktie, done by the wearer or spouse, than a pre-tied one. They just look so stiff and tight.

I agree...the clip on/pre tied versions of ties look pretty bad. I would just practice at home - it won't take long at all before you can tie the perfectly.

My DH went to YouTube and figured it out....

I was just going to post the same thing. You Tube can be a veritable treasure trove of information. How to tie a tie can be easily found there, on Google, Yahoo, as well as many sites online.

With practice, men can tie a tie in the dark or without a mirror. :p

Skinny. Wide ties are about 10 years ago. It is not too hard to tie a windsor and they do look much better than a clip on. My problem is that while I am about average, I have a big neck. Tieing a windsor takes a bit of length. The 'tail' never reaches into the 'loop' at the back. Good ties (Kohls) come with a tie bar. Problem solved. With a tie on tie, you can loosen it a bit as you "loosen up" and undue your top button and look still good.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app