EZE to hotel

OldBoot

Is it wise and/or possible to pre-book a transfer from the Buenos Aires EZE to our hotel? We arrive a few days ahead of embarkation to do some pre cruise touring.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

After we got off the plane at EZE and went through customs, we found ourselves in a large open area before the exit doors. There was a well marked taxi booth right in the middle of this space. We asked how much it would be to our downtown hotel and they told us. We paid there, stepped outside and gave the taxi our receipt and were promptly and safely delivered to our hotel. I can't remember the price, but we thought it was reasonable and it took maybe 20 to 30 minutes. No problems at all.

After we got off the plane at EZE and went through customs, we found ourselves in a large open area before the exit doors. There was a well marked taxi booth right in the middle of this space. We asked how much it would be to our downtown hotel and they told us. We paid there, stepped outside and gave the taxi our receipt and were promptly and safely delivered to our hotel. I can't remember the price, but we thought it was reasonable and it took maybe 20 to 30 minutes. No problems at all.
That is good to hear. I am going to relax about this and just enjoy the journey. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The taxi service relaxatsea mentioned is called Taxi Ezeiza. The booth and their taxis are blue/white. Perfectly safe and reliable. Don't take one of the yellow/black cabs lined up outside the terminal. They will gouge you price wise.

Here is taxi Ezeiza's web site which shows what the booth looks like. .http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/ You can prebook via the site, although I usually don't bother.

The current fare is 720 pesos to anywhere in the city center, although with inflation still running 25-30% per year the amount is subject to frequent change. The rate of exchange is creeping up as well. Last time I checked it was 17.5 pesos per dollar. You can check exchange rates here:http://www.ambito.com/

As mentioned, try to book your transfer from EZE to your hotel with some tour operator, the taxis in the line will charge you more than the legal price. Also, try to don't ask a uber taxi, because there is a bit of confrontation withing the taxi drivers, and if they see you, might be some bad situation like insults or something like that.

No need to book with a tour operator. You'll usually pay a good bit more than if you take a cab or arrange a remis (private car) from one of the booths inside the terminal.

Just be sure to avoid the taxis (yellow/black) in the taxi lineup outside the terminal and you will be fine.

The taxi service relaxatsea mentioned is called Taxi Ezeiza. The booth and their taxis are blue/white. Perfectly safe and reliable. Don't take one of the yellow/black cabs lined up outside the terminal. They will gouge you price wise.

Here is taxi Ezeiza's web site which shows what the booth looks like. .http://www.taxiezeiza.com.ar/ You can prebook via the site, although I usually don't bother.

The current fare is 720 pesos to anywhere in the city center, although with inflation still running 25-30% per year the amount is subject to frequent change. The rate of exchange is creeping up as well. Last time I checked it was 17.5 pesos per dollar. You can check exchange rates here:http://www.ambito.com/

Thank you, dr_dawggy! It was your recommendation of taxi Ezeiza and the above website you posted that led us to use them. It was very easy and we were completely satisfied.

• 5 weeks later...

No, but if you pay with USD you are going to get a terrible rate of exchange (on the order of 10% less than actual correct exchange rates - even the official rates). Pay with a credit card if possible. The rate will be better and, therefore, the ride cheaper. Of course, it is advisable to have a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign currency transaction fee (usually around 3%).

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you, PMarcher. It's a miracle that everything seems to be falling into place. I am so eager for this cruise!!

All good information thank you all

Thus any body have information the most efficient and reasonable way from the cruise terminal no EZE ? Maybe taking the ship shuttle to EZE ? How about the cost. Any info.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going from the cruise terminal to EZE has always been a bit more challenging than vice versa. There is no taxi Ezesia booth at the cruise terminal so one is left with accepting an over priced/ over charged rate from one of the mafia taxis in line at the cruise terminal or shleping the suitcases about 50 meters to a spot near a corner across the street to hail a street cab. Street cabs are uniformly meter operated and reliable. It is best to pick a spot to hail a cab not directly across from the mafia taxis so as to minimize any chance of intimidation tactics preventing the street cab from stopping.

Uber is alive and well in Bs As...sort of. Requesting an Uber to stop at the cruise terminal (or EZE) would be problematical inasmuch as the taxi drivers might try to intimidate/hassle the driver. Street cabs are safe, reliable, and plentiful.

• 5 weeks later...