Victoria - Castle Craigdorrach excursion question

On NCL Pearl in august (first cruise) which arrives in Victoria approx 6pm. I really wanted to go to Craigdarroch Castle (I know it's not really a castle) and there is an excursion we could take, however, when I looked up the Castle online, website indicates it closes at 7pm. Well if ship doesn't dock until 6 and we have to get off and meet excursion is that even enough time to try to see the Castle or should we plan something else?

Any suggestions besides gardens if Castle is out?

It's not unheard of for cruiseline excursions to get bonus time at sites - they wouldn't sell that tour if they hadn't arranged for it to stay open (but NB: check the tour does say you get to go INSIDE Craigdarroch, rather than just seeing the exterior which frankly is unimpressive - all the good stuff is on the inside: furniture, art & stained glass; well I suppose the latter is also visible from outside but the wrong way round!)

Very little stays open past 5-6pm in Victoria except bars/restos/touristy shops, it's not really a party-hearty town. Royal BC Museum is excellent and stays open late at least a few nights a week in summer - otherwise it's a case of wandering and looking at the outside of pretty buildings, shopping, or hitting the pubs. With Butchart as by far the biggest draw for cruisers, I don't think there are many even tourist-focused businesses that feel they'd make enough extra cash to be worth opening late...