Cruise line air - ff credit

thinfool

Several years ago we flew round trip to Europe. I had no idea what a 'consolidator' was, but stumbled onto a site (now defunct) with fares that were about 60% of what others in our group were paying.

The trip went fine, flights were KLM codeshares on NW metal. I found out later that no FF miles would be awarded by KLM due to the type of pricing we had. OK...no problem, lesson learned.

Since then the cruise lines have begun their flight programs and I read many good things about them. I am assuming the programs are some form of consolidator offerings and so my question....

Are miles awarded on flights booked via EZair, Air2Sea, etc?

Nobody knows what kind of ticket they'll sell you because half the time they don't seem to know what they are selling.

Some people end up with fully endorsable tickets earning full FF miles etc., others seem to end up on extremely restrictive tickets with no re-routing, no endorsements, no seat pre-assignments, no FF miles etc.

As long as you are aware that you could end up with the latter then fine, do it. Personally I prefer to have a better idea about what I'm buying...it's why I buy watches from authorized dealers of the brands I choose, why I prefer to have servicing done at the dealership of the car I own and buy my tickets from the airlines directly.

In addition to your frequent flyer query, you may also not be able to select seats until 24 hours (for most airlines) prior to departure. This could be true for a consolidator type fare but it is also airline dependent for most classes of service. Some airlines will offer seat selection with a fee attached.

There are a multitude of offerings in any cruise air program. Some are blind bookings with tickets issued weeks prior to sailing and others SEEM to be standard airline ticketing.but as fbgd noted it is almost impossible to determine exactly your fare class and if ff points will be awarded or not.