Christmas and New Years on Silversea

coco88

This past holiday season's voyage on the Spirit, the ship was decorated through New Year's day. I wasn't on board the ship on Christmas Eve or Day, but was for New Year's Eve and Day. On NYE, there was a big party that went well past midnight, while on NYD there was a huge brunch buffet on the pool deck. We had a great time!

We will be on Silver Whisper Dec 19th for 18 days

Thanks for your replies

It will be very festive. One of the features I appreciate especially is the fact that during recent holiday cruises La Terrazza was closed a couple of nights so that members of the crew could enjoy an elegant holiday dinner. I don't recall any guests begrudging the hardworking crew this special holiday meal. I imagine that decisions about having such dinners depend upon the passenger load, preference of the HD, etc.

We will be on Silver Whisper Dec 19th for 18 days

Thanks for your replies

We were on the Whisper for the month of Dec and Jan and on other ships during the same time period. There were gingerbread houses all over and they decorated a lot of the rooms and public areas.

We usually bring a stocking and hang it with a magnet on our door. Capitan on two occasions parked the ship with thrusters in a harbor, so we could view that countries fireworks displays for new years, prior to sailing out to sea.