Cruise from Cartagena to Guayaguil in November?

salbags

I am looking at a Cruise with the new Scenic Eclipse which will follow the title route including the Panama Canal. This would be a very expensive cruise which we would love to do, but I am rather concerned that this might not be a good time of year to cruise this part of the world? Would it be very rainy and resulting in choppy unclear seas around Utria National Park and Isla Gorgona. And what would average temperatures be?

Any advice and help very appreciated

It is the rainy season, and as the Canal is in a tropical rain forest, and requires many millions of gallons to operate, there is a chance of rain. We are going on our 4th Canal passage this November 1. On the previous 3, the only rain was in December. (The other two were in April and May.) Rained hard for a couple of hours as we entered the Canal, but was done before we got to Gatun Lake. The seas were not a factor at any time.

I would do a Google search for the average temps in, say Colon, Panama. I will bet it says hot and humid.

We are booked on this one....and I'm not really fussed about the weather. I think it will be fantastic no matter what

Great attitude. Too many worry the weather won't be absolutely perfect, not remembering Mother Nature has the final say, and that is out of our control.

Well, we are also booked now and hopefully weather will be kind but whatever we are really excited about it, especially the new ship :)

A bit of rain wont hurt....its going to be awesome. See you next November