Port of Seattle launches free airport luggage service

MVPinBoynton

Does the Port Valet service work for NCL? I can find a list of the airlines at the Port Valet link but not Cruise lines.

I know of at least one cruise line that, while the program is available for their participation, it has not so far, at least to the best of my knowledge, has not joined with the program. That line is not NCL. You would have to check with either the Seattle Port Commission on NCL themselves to see if they are participating. If you do find out, please post it here so others will know also.

Tom

Great to hear. Can you post details on how RCCL handled your request? Did they understand what you were asking for? Were all the plans made while on the ship?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Sure! It was so easy.

The forms arrived in our stateroom on evening. (I believe it was Saturday or Sunday night.) I did not need to request them. They needed to be filled out by 10:00 am on Tuesday (our cruise ended Friday morning).

They refer to it as the "luggage valet program" and everyone in guest services seemed to be aware of it.

The form required your flight confirmation number, flight number, and the airport code of your final destination. My mom and I were sharing a stateroom and had the same final destination. HOWEVER, we had different confirmation numbers for our flight. So I went to guest services and got a second form.

It clearly states what times flights need to depart to qualify for the service. We flew Southwest and the flight could leave no earlier than 3:00 pm.

An envelope arrived the night before departure. It contained our luggage tags and boarding passes. We secured the luggage tags to our bags and put them in the hallway. The day of departure, we carried off our carryon luggage and prayed our bags would be waiting at home.

They were! :)

RCCL made this very easy. Like I said, I didn't even need to request the forms. They just showed up.

Sure! It was so easy.

The forms arrived in our stateroom on evening. (I believe it was Saturday or Sunday night.) I did not need to request them. They needed to be filled out by 10:00 am on Tuesday (our cruise ended Friday morning).

They refer to it as the "luggage valet program" and everyone in guest services seemed to be aware of it.

The form required your flight confirmation number, flight number, and the airport code of your final destination. My mom and I were sharing a stateroom and had the same final destination. HOWEVER, we had different confirmation numbers for our flight. So I went to guest services and got a second form.

It clearly states what times flights need to depart to qualify for the service. We flew Southwest and the flight could leave no earlier than 3:00 pm.

An envelope arrived the night before departure. It contained our luggage tags and boarding passes. We secured the luggage tags to our bags and put them in the hallway. The day of departure, we carried off our carryon luggage and prayed our bags would be waiting at home.

They were! :)

RCCL made this very easy. Like I said, I didn't even need to request the forms. They just showed up.

Thanks so much for this information. Great to hear RCCL was in the know. Did you mean to say the forms needed to be filled out Tuesday for your Friday debarkation (3 days in advance)? Thanks for clarifying. I am cruising with my sister and her flight will be to a different state than mine so we will also need 2 forms. We just make the 3:00 cutoff. Hope the airline doesn't make any changes to our flight now.

Did you mean to say the forms needed to be filled out Tuesday for your Friday debarkation (3 days in advance)?

Yes! The forms must be completed by Tuesday for a Friday debarkation. They make that very clear. You simply drop your forms off at guest services.

Yes! The forms must be completed by Tuesday for a Friday debarkation. They make that very clear. You simply drop your forms off at guest services.

Sorry, one more question: Did RCCL also print your flight boarding passes for you? Thanks for the help. I will share your comments with our Roll Call.

Sorry, one more question: Did RCCL also print your flight boarding passes for you? Thanks for the help. I will share your comments with our Roll Call.

They did! The boarding passes and luggage tags arrived in an envelope the night before departure.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to help. I learned so much from these boards before we cruised; I'm thrilled to pay it back.

Hello. The luggage valet is only for check in baggage? How about carry on? My flight is not until a later time. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anything that you enter in to the Port Valet program will be set outside your stateroom the night before you disembark and you will not see it until you reach your final destination, so, yes, it is only for bags you want to check in to your flight.

Tom

Just off the Ruby Princess. The port valet program worked seamlessly! We got our luggage tags, but had to print our boarding passes for Southwest at the airport. It was no big deal, since we had no luggage to check. We talked to a few people struggling in the cruise terminal who wanted to know how we could travel so lightly, and they said they wished they had signed up for the program. Thanks to this the information on this thread, I knew to look for the form and turn it in right away.

Just off the Ruby Princess. The port valet program worked seamlessly! We got our luggage tags, but had to print our boarding passes for Southwest at the airport. It was no big deal, since we had no luggage to check. We talked to a few people struggling in the cruise terminal who wanted to know how we could travel so lightly, and they said they wished they had signed up for the program. Thanks to this the information on this thread, I knew to look for the form and turn it in right away.

Glad to hear that the program worked so well for you. Isn't it really nice when everything goes the way it should? :D

Tom

Thanks to this the information on this thread, I knew to look for the form and turn it in right away.

Thanks for the reminder to find, fill out and turn in the free valet luggage form ASAP, I've added it to my WHAT TO DO TODAY spreadsheet. It's full of phone and confirmation #s, excursion times, and reminders like this. I plan on having so much fun that I'll need a reminder list to keep me on track with the dreary (but necessary) stuff at a glance.

When recently on the Oosterdam, I patiently waited for the form to show up. finally went down to the Front Desk and asked about it and it was too late. Now I don't know if I accidentally threw it out , or they never got it to my room. I know my stewards weren't very good at stocking the room so maybe they never put it there. I was really disappointed because I had to carry all our luggage around sightseeing.:(

Thanks to this the information on this thread, I knew to look for the form and turn it in right away.

Thanks for the reminder to find, fill out and turn in the free valet luggage form ASAP, I've added it to my WHAT TO DO TODAY spreadsheet. It's full of phone and confirmation #s, excursion times, and reminders like this. I plan on having so much fun that I'll need a reminder list to keep me on track with the dreary (but necessary) stuff at a glance.

I was compulsive about turning everything in right away, as I was afraid things would get lost in the mass of papers we managed to accumulate!

• 2 weeks later...
Came back from our Alaska cruise today and our luggage was at the baggage claim area waiting for us. Here is the form from our cruise which was given to us on the 3rd day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting that Royal Caribbean makes no mention of the fact that the program is provided by and paid for by the Seattle Port Authority and makes it look like they (Royal Caribbean) is providing it.

Tom

Thanks Kevlien2001 so much for posting this. I shared this post with my Explorer September 15, 2017 roll call. Like that the flight time is 2 rather than 3.

FYI, if you are sailing on a ship other than the Explorer. It appears each cruise line choosing to implement this free program (not all cruise lines even offer the free valet service) has chosen different times your flight can leave, in order to qualify. Months ago I checked on the Port of Seattle website and most flight times were ok (my 10am flight qualified), they even posted the lines that were participating. Now the site just advises you to check with your cruise line (a little miss-directed flack from disgruntled passengers???).

Does the Port Valet service work for NCL? I can find a list of the airlines at the Port Valet link but not Cruise lines.

I had spoken with NCL before and just spoke with them again yesterday. They are not participating in this program.

It is mostly Pier 91 ships, NCL is Pier 66. NCL no longer has their own valet service that they did years ago either. You'll have to store your bags downtown at the Pier, the Edgewater Hotel or Nordstroms.

This is the form we received on the Ruby Princess. What a great program!

Yes, it is. Apparently, for one reason or another, neither Norwegian nor Carnival opted to participate in that program. That makes me wonder why they would not want to be a part of a program which gives a free benefit to their passengers. Oh, well....

Tom