Crystal - Dining Room Attire/Dress Code

I believe jeans are not allowed anywhere during dinner hours.

On our last cruise I never saw jeans day or night.

Try the Crystal site and they will have all the rules.

You are most definitely incorrect about what is acceptable on Crystal - jeans are fine before 6pm and tidy jeans are allowed after 6pm on Crystal Casual nights (which are the majority of nights)

Crystal Dress Code: http://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/cruise-guidebook/shipboard-life/guidelines-policies

Edited by Bodogbodog

Thank you! Every night of our cruise is Crystal Casual and I can't seem to get a straight answer. The crystal web site states the rules but I'm also hearing that a more relaxed atmosphere is acceptable so I just wanted to know the current trend/acceptable practice. I have jeans that look just as nice as a pair of slacks but nobody wants to feel uncomfortable and out of place. Thank you again for your reply!

You are most definitely incorrect about what is acceptable on Crystal - jeans are fine before 6pm and tidy jeans are allowed after 6pm on Crystal Casual nights (which are the majority of nights)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Every night of our cruise is Crystal Casual and I can't seem to get a straight answer. The crystal web site states the rules but I'm also hearing that a more relaxed atmosphere is acceptable so I just wanted to know the current trend/acceptable practice. I have jeans that look just as nice as a pair of slacks but nobody wants to feel uncomfortable and out of place. Thank you again for your reply!

Yes, I never saw jeans on our 14 day Crystal cruise...maybe I missed😫Them. As for the 6 pm info I mixed up Cunard policy with Crystal. We are booked on both within the year. We are super casual and don't do formal so nothing personal. Enjoy Crystal.

• 2 weeks later...

Shhhh. Rule breaker here. I confess. I wore my beautiful designer dress black jeans in the main dining room years ago and no one made a peep. I wouldn't try it with distressed cut or frayed styles. People are very nice on Crystal. Things are becoming more relaxed all the time.

Yes, I never saw jeans on our 14 day Crystal cruise...maybe I missed😫Them. As for the 6 pm info I mixed up Cunard policy with Crystal. We are booked on both within the year. We are super casual and don't do formal so nothing personal. Enjoy Crystal.

I don't even take jeans with me, since I can't wear them after 6 pm on board -- so I take other casual pants instead.

I can see why you are confused about the jeans. Why? Because the evening write ups do not include jeans in the verbiage.

Rest assured, that jeans (no holes) are acceptable in the dining room.

I would say that the vast majority of the guests do not wear jeans at night on the Crystal Casual nights and am only mentioning that but you can indeed wear them. You do see more on the first and last nights. But no worries and I you shouldn't feel uncomfortable.

Fortunately several people including myself who are posting do sail Crystal but for cruise line specific questions I do recommend posting them on the respective cruise line boards.

Have a great cruise.

Keith