Costa Deliziosa

bananapops21

Taking our first cruise with Costa Deliziosa next week. I'm a bit nervous as our travel agent placed our family of 5 into a regular balcony cabin. I was hoping for a family cabin, but she insisted this would work. Looking at picture is making me think it's going to be a very tight squeeze. Has anyone fit 5 people into a regular balcony cabin? I know the couch folds out..does anyone have pictures of the couch folded out into a bed?

Thanks!! : )

I hope it is a family cabin with bunk beds that pull down as well as the single sofa bed.

We were in a Suite & a friend joined us at the last minute she slept on couch, and found it very small, not sure standard cabin would be large enough for a family of five.

What number cabin are you, take a look at 'Ships Deck Plans' for Deliziosa for sizes, or look at the cabin reviews here on CC

First off, welcome to CC.

Five in a cabin - ouch.

It will depend on some factors:

How big are the kids? The actual layout of the cabin?

I can't remember ever seeing bunk beds in a balcony cabin, you have restrictions because of the room wide windows, the side wall where the balcony door opens.

If there are no bunk beds, then would that be the couch folds out to a double bed and you get a foldup bed for the fifth person.

I personally would have gone for two inside connecting cabins.

Whatever you get, have a great cruise.

First off, welcome to CC.

Five in a cabin - ouch.

It will depend on some factors:

How big are the kids? The actual layout of the cabin?

I can't remember ever seeing bunk beds in a balcony cabin, you have restrictions because of the room wide windows, the side wall where the balcony door opens.

If there are no bunk beds, then would that be the couch folds out to a double bed and you get a foldup bed for the fifth person.

I personally would have gone for two inside connecting cabins.

Whatever you get, have a great cruise.

Ours doesn't have bunk beds, so the couch folding out and a fold up is what we will be dealing with. Hopefully, the couch is comfy! ; )

and I do have our cabin number so I'll have to check out the forums and look for info.

Had a look on line for 'Family cabins on Costa Deliziosa and it shows one image of one bunk in the cabin plus the couch which becomes a double.

Type in 'images for family cabin Costa Deliziosa' about 8 down show lots of pictures of the ship.

Bunk or Bunks normally only inside cabins,. certainly had them on the Serena.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

We will be traveling for the Christmas cruise on the Deliziosa. We traveled on the Atlantica back in 2010 and LOVED it, but I know that a lot has changed since then. Since you guys are recent Costa cruisers, I wonder if you can answer some relevant but unrelated questions for me.

1. What drinks are available on the buffet now...and do people still take their own refillable mugs? I remember it was juice, milk, coffee, hot chocolate before for breakfast..but I don't remember what was offered for lunch and dinner. I imagine that we will eat at the buffet more than the dining room because of my youngest...

2. Speaking of the dining room...I read somewhere that you don't even get served plain ol' water there unless you pay for it. That's not true, is it?

3. Since you had kids with you, did they do the Kids Club at all? If so, how was it? My daughter was 7 back then and had a great time. However, now she is 14 (I know that they have a place for teens)...and I have a 6 year old, as well! Do they still have kid only lunches and theme dinners for them? Is the kids club open during port days? (It wasn't back then.)

4. Drink Packages: We had the Boys and Girls Card last time. :) That is obviously not around anymore! Is the 20 nonalcoholic drinks package about the same thing? Does anybody know what is really includes? Does it include soft drinks? coffee? What exactly is a long drink? They are so vague... it's quite infuriating.

5. I also like an occasional cocktail, but I will just buy them individually since I know that I will not have more than one a day or a couple throughout the week...Do they still have Happy Hour or is that also a thing of the past?

That's all I can think of right this second, but I am sure that I will have more questions later.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give!

Water in the MDR depends what fare you've booked. This is a good question to find out if someone really knows what they're talking about. If you book with Costa USA, you get a "waterusa" package, water by the glass in the MDR; If you book with Costa France, the "Basic" package, you pay for everything, "Premium", you get the Brindiamo drink package.

Several kinds of juice from the dispensers during breakfast.

I used to get the B&G package. As I recall, I got the 40-drink XL package last time, not really as good value but I just barely finished it by the end of the cruise, I'm more of a cappuchino person and I don't recall that being included. I don't use alcohol but I don't recall any Happy Hour.

Overall I prefer the Deliziosa to the Atlantica, although there are always changes- Costa is moving towards more extra charge dining (like everybody else).

Cappuccinos' are included as are most ordinary coffees, there is still a Alcohol free drinks package (about 35 euros per week I think) which is long drinks ( sprite/colas) and some non alcohol cocktails, water in buffet during breakfast, not sure about other times never been up there.

Kids club at Christmas is supposed to be excellent so I have been told by their mums & dads we have met during Christmas cruises.

Now coming in are a selection of dishes to purchase starting at 15 euros.

The water package is reasonable if the family drinks a lot.

Hi!

We will be traveling for the Christmas cruise on the Deliziosa. We traveled on the Atlantica back in 2010 and LOVED it, but I know that a lot has changed since then. Since you guys are recent Costa cruisers, I wonder if you can answer some relevant but unrelated questions for me.

1. What drinks are available on the buffet now...and do people still take their own refillable mugs? I remember it was juice, milk, coffee, hot chocolate before for breakfast..but I don't remember what was offered for lunch and dinner. I imagine that we will eat at the buffet more than the dining room because of my youngest...

2. Speaking of the dining room...I read somewhere that you don't even get served plain ol' water there unless you pay for it. That's not true, is it?

3. Since you had kids with you, did they do the Kids Club at all? If so, how was it? My daughter was 7 back then and had a great time. However, now she is 14 (I know that they have a place for teens)...and I have a 6 year old, as well! Do they still have kid only lunches and theme dinners for them? Is the kids club open during port days? (It wasn't back then.)

4. Drink Packages: We had the Boys and Girls Card last time. :) That is obviously not around anymore! Is the 20 nonalcoholic drinks package about the same thing? Does anybody know what is really includes? Does it include soft drinks? coffee? What exactly is a long drink? They are so vague... it's quite infuriating.

5. I also like an occasional cocktail, but I will just buy them individually since I know that I will not have more than one a day or a couple throughout the week...Do they still have Happy Hour or is that also a thing of the past?

That's all I can think of right this second, but I am sure that I will have more questions later.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give!

I'll try and give some additional information:

1. Buffet drinks 2 or 3 juices (concentrate) only durig breakfast, hot and cold milk, coffee and chocolate sachets and tea bags. For lunch and dinner in buffet, water and maybe coffee. It is frowned upon filling your own containers with water or coffee, because of hygenic reasons, use one of Costa's glass or mug to fill your container.

2. Already answered above.

3. There are 3 kids clubs, 3 to 6 y.o., 7 - 11 y.o., and 12 - 17 y.o. The kids (all clubs) do eat together, lunch and dinner. Open during port days. Their is also a kids menu in the MDR.

4. There are still drinks packages available (not talking about all inclusive) as follow:

Boys & Girls - 20 or 40 soft drinks or alcohol free cocktails (no coffee)

Mineral Water - 13 bottles

Coffee - 25 espresso

Cuppuccino - 25 Cuppuccino

Beer - 20 Glasses draught beer

5. Haven't seen Happy Hour in a very long time, has been superceded by tha All Inclusive packages.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much, Dancer Bob, tenpin, and G.M.T for your answers.

Every little bit of info helps - especially since it has been a while since we cruised.

Please let me know if you can think of anything that could help us!

Happy Cruising! :)