change flights with AA

LHT28

We have flights booked with AA for Dec but thinking of extending our trip a few days

Has anyone tried to extend the return flight by a few days before leaving?

I know you cannot change the outbound flight

Were you able to do so? I am sure with a fee

We have the non ref Bus class & difference in the flights for new date would be $73 pp

Just thought I would ask here before I sit on hold for awhile

we do not fly often so not really up on all the rules

TIA

We have flights booked with AA for Dec but thinking of extending our trip a few days

You don't say if you bought these tickets directly from AA or through a cruiseline or a third party. That can make all the difference in the world - tickets are NOT the same. Thus, everything else is at best supposition.

I know you cannot change the outbound flight

Incorrect. Changes can be made, depending on the ticket and fare basis. It all is a matter of what the fare rules are for your specific ticket.

Were you able to do so? I am sure with a fee

Someone else's ability to change their ticket has zero relevance to your specific ticket, unless you know that the same fare rules apply.

We have the non ref Bus class & difference in the flights for new date would be $73 pp

If, and it's a big if, your ticket fare rules allow for a change, then you would be responsible for the applicable change fees (again, dependent on your ticket) plus any ticket price differential.

Just thought I would ask here before I sit on hold for awhile

Without specific information (including city-pairs, routing and fare basis), any information provided would be general and subject to errors.

Sorry to not give you a quick, easy answer. Only AA can answer your questions completely and accurately.

• 1 month later...

forgot to come back with an update (if anyone cares)

I called AA spoke to a res agent gave me a quote $200 change fee Ok that is good then the fare differential of $700 pp

I questioned them because the new fare was about $40 difference pp than what I paid

said thanks but no thanks

Called again a week later

same fare difference on website asked again

$200 change fee pp

$36 fare differential pp

took it

added the extra days & booked a longer cruise

pays to get a second or third answer :)

Er, didn't you read the fare rules when you bought the ticket? AA clearly states that the change fee is $200 so why are you talking about a "quote " of $200? That's just the fee.

You Americans have weird ideas about flying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Er, didn't you read the fare rules when you bought the ticket? AA clearly states that the change fee is $200 so why are you talking about a "quote " of $200? That's just the fee.

You Americans have weird ideas about flying.

Gee thanks

I did read the change fee rules when I decided to change the flight it has a range of fees

Sorry used the wrong word QUOTE the agent STATED the fee was $200

Well I am NOT American but thanks for assuming everyone is as smart as you are :eek:

Part of the reason that you may have received a different price quote the first time: you were just looking at a price without knowing which fare bucket it was. That fare may have been for a different bucket you have (not just "business, economy", but the real FYBMXVSLUT code bucket). Tickets in your bucket may have become available later and you were able to change dates for the $200pp + extra uncharge.

At least you were able to get your date changed. Congrats.

I think the 1st res agent was looking at the difference from econ to Bus

when I checked that was the rate difference

anyway I got the flights changed the new cruise is booked ..now to wait ;)