On Board The Silver Muse, Rome To Venice

jtm1

For what it's worth my thoughts on dining on board Silver Muse. We have now dined twice in Atlantide, Hot Rocks, and La Terrazza, and once each in Indochine and La Dame. Not terribly interested in Silver Note or Kaiseki so won't be trying those.

Acknowledging that taste in food is extremely personal, I offer these thoughts with the caveat that it is just an opinion; perhaps helpful and perhaps not.

La Terrazza and Hot Rocks are much as on the other ships. The menus are expanded, but the food quality is every bit as good. Enjoyed them both very much. We have cancelled an upcoming Hot Rocks reservation and switched to La Terrazza, but only because of the heat here in the Mediterranean.

Indochine is an interesting place, a different cuisine that we enjoyed. It will not be for everyone, but we are going back this evening. Some of the dishes are spicy but the wait staff can help you navigate to the right level of spice for your taste. And the room is lovely. I would encourage folks to give it a try.

La Dame is very formal (not just in dress, which will be changing, but in style of service) and not different at all from Le Champagne on The Spirit. A special experience for one evening but, for us, not more.

In fact, the very best meals we have had were in Atlantide. It is a lovely room with excellent service. And the menu is quite extensive. You will certainly find a choice that you would enjoy.

The interactive TV shows restaurant availability each day along with the extension to call to make a reservation. . So, as of now (just after noon) there is availability this evening in La Terrazza, Kaiseki, Atlantide, Hot Rocks and Spaccanapoli. Indochine, Silver Note, and La Dame are booked for tonight. Perhaps tonight's availability is influenced by our stay here in Dubrovnik until 11 PM. Some folks may eat ashore. But I have noticed on other evenings that there is generally availability somewhere, and not just outside.

Finally, as has always been my experience on Silversea the staff is special. They make for a delightful cruise.

• 2 weeks later...