Costa prices are hugely DIFFERENT for different continents & regions

drsel

DITTO for me that way....Canadian price was ridiculous so I paid with my US visa.....saved over $1000.00 on Premium Balcony!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you managed to book & enjoy your cruise. Just wanted to know

1) Did you manage to book the Costa cruise from a DIFFERENT country website, while using your CORRECT address, as mentioned in your passport? What country Pin code did you use?

2) Did Costa accept payment from another country's Credit card?

3) Did Costa DENY you boarding, since your passport was of a different country, or did they demand EXTRA PAYMENT?

4) Was there any problem at all at the time of boarding?

5) Did they force you to pay the COMPULSORY Euro 10 tips per person per day?

6) Were the shows of Broadway or Las Vegas standard?

7) What per cent of nights had GRAND SHOWS, or were the shows every night?

8) Besides shows, what were the other organized ACTIVITIES, lectures, classes, games & programs?

9) How was the FOOD in the buffet & main dining room?

Thanks!

I did with Costa both yet, booking from the relevant regional website (rest of Europe), as well as booking online through a TA in Germany. In both cases I used my correct address and passport details. The address is pretty unimportant, but your passport is essential of course - but who said your nationality and the country you live in must be the same? The Costa sites I know offer quite a selection of countries you can live in - among them also those with own / other Costa sites. I looked at my boarding form from last March and there are name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number and date of issue and expiry. Further phone numbers (my own mobile and emergency contact), my e-mail address and the health question. Of course the passport is checked, but for nothing else but for being sure you are the passenger on the ticket. With another cruise line I was unable to do the online check-in, after having booked in another country. The travel agent involved tried and failed as well - so I lived for that voyage in the office of the TA and nobody cared about.

Costa doesn‘t limit use of credit cards from other countries. But you can also pay by bank transfer, as Costa handles in some cases a surcharge for credit card payments. The address doesn‘t matter, just use right reference - you even may pay on behalf of somebody else.

Biggest problem during boarding a Costa: the immigration officers were late - absolutely no fault of Costa. Anyway aboard within 35 minutes.

The service charge is taken from your onboard account as long as you have to pay it aboard according to the rules of the country you‘re booking (not where you actually live), just check the local rules on the relevant website (may be fix, adjustable or included). You will have to register your credit card for your spendings or to pay a deposit in cash on departure (according to Italian law not more than 1000 € are allowed in cash).

Costa offers entertainment every evening. Nearly always shows, although there also was a talent show for passengers this year. On an earlier cruise they also have shown some football matches of the world championships taking place at “show time“, so the offer might vary. Yes, there are also the other activities you mentioned, but also musicians playing in different places of the ship.

The food is pretty Italian, if you like that you will be very happy, but note that Italian food absolutely doesn‘t mean spaghetti with meatballs and pizza. Depending on the part of the world you are cruising in, you‘ll have some regional dishes as well. I personally prefer dinning in the MDR and having a snack at the buffet. Both generally offer a good variety and quality. Breakfast in the MDR offer the same things in self-service as the buffet, but they have in addition a breakfast menu you can order from.

Thanks so much.

Can or will Costa deny boarding to a non EU citizen, who books and pays for a Costa cruise on the (cheap) Costa EU website, while entering his correct passport address & Pin code (outside EU) in the address column?

I've never had the check-in people show any interest in my address regardless of whether I booked with Costa USA or Costa France. But they do check the Schengen entry, I've been delayed twice because the stamp wasn't sufficiently legible.

Passports of some countries have the full address.

So if such a person books a Costa cruise from another (cheap) country website to save money, it becomes obvious that he is NOT from that country.

In such a case, will Costa DENY him boarding

Or

Ask him to pay the fare difference?

Passports of some countries have the full address.

So if such a person books a Costa cruise from another (cheap) country website to save money, it becomes obvious that he is NOT from that country.

In such a case, will Costa DENY him boarding

Or

Ask him to pay the fare difference?

Which countirs have addresses in passports?

Certainly no European or US passports have addresses.

• 1 month later...
Seems the European prices aren`t available without a European credit card

Oh, that is news! Are you sure? Did you try to book on the EU site and your valid non EU credit card was NOT accepted?

Other experts said that you can book on another country (cheaper) site like UK or EU, because Western passports don't have any address in them

Which countirs have addresses in passpors.

Acc. to quora.com, France, India and Belarus passports have the full residential address. Maybe a few others also.

But you are right in saying that the vast majority of countries don't have any address on their passports.

www.quora.com/Why-dont-passports-of-any-country-have-the-person’s-address-on-them

Copy & paste if the link does not work.

Edited by drsel

Oh, that is news! Are you sure? Did you try to book on the EU site and your valid non EU credit card was NOT accepted?

Other experts said that you can book on another country (cheaper) site like UK or EU, because Western passports don't have any address in them

Have tried to book but when you reach the payment you get a dropdown of European countries for your credit card.

Have been in touch with the Perth office to no avail. They have trouble understanding us:(

Have tried to book but when you reach the payment you get a dropdown of European countries for your credit card.

Hello Denny, You saw during your booking that you may live wherever you do as the drop down list for your residential address is pretty long, perhaps even complete. Among the payment section you are much more limited in selections. But South Africa and Sri Lanka are also on the list and not really European countries. However this is not the address of your card issuer, but the address you have registered with your card issuer. Depending which card I use (from different banks in different countries) I even don‘t need to give my address details for card payments. So it is pretty unimportant what country you choose as long as your card issuer doesn‘t check addresses in the payment process. If you don’t know ask your bank or just try it out as long as you really want to book (if you succeed the deposit is paid of course). Costa sometimes offers also payments by bank transfer, I just paid the balance for my voyage to India this way. Perhaps you get the chance to do as well.

when you reach the payment you get a dropdown of European countries for your credit card.

It's supposed to be your country of residence, in Europe. (not credit card)

I faced the same problem.

If you have a residential address in any European country, you can use it.