Baltimore hotels...not park and ride

chipperberg

Hi all. Looking for a reasonably priced hotel that has suites not too far from the port. I also would like an indoor pool and breakfast. Traveling with my mom and 2 boys ages 2 and 6. We are coming from the north. I don't mind an hour or less drive to the port. Any suggestions a break helpful. TIA.

Kelly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Hi all. Looking for a reasonably priced hotel that has suites not too far from the port. I also would like an indoor pool and breakfast. Traveling with my mom and 2 boys ages 2 and 6. We are coming from the north. I don't mind an hour or less drive to the port. Any suggestions a break helpful. TIA.

Kelly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Visit http://www.cruisemaryland.com ~ there is a page listing local hotels with contact information. Some of them offer special packages that include parking your car for the duration of your trip, with transportation to the cruise port. You should be able to find what you need there.

Since you're coming from the north, check out the White Marsh area. The Fairfield Inn mentioned before has at least some form of a suite (looks like studio). There's also a Residence Inn with two bedroom suites.

I personally wouldn't drive through town to a hotel south of the airport if driving down from New York.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Since you're coming from the north, check out the White Marsh area. The Fairfield Inn mentioned before has at least some form of a suite (looks like studio). There's also a Residence Inn with two bedroom suites.

I personally wouldn't drive through town to a hotel south of the airport if driving down from New York.

I don't understand the reason for this statement. Is this the route to the Port? Is this only at night? Is this the White Marsh area?

We will be arriving from NY the day before, and plan to park at the port for the cruise. We will not be doing sightseeing so inner harbor or ball game not needed, but want restaurant choices nearby, in a safe area and ability to get breakfast at the hotel. Any other reasonable hotels? We will be reserving rooms for 2 each (as many as 5 rooms) and suites are not needed. Thanks in advance!

I don't understand the reason for this statement. Is this the route to the Port? Is this only at night? Is this the White Marsh area?

We will be arriving from NY the day before, and plan to park at the port for the cruise. We will not be doing sightseeing so inner harbor or ball game not needed, but want restaurant choices nearby, in a safe area and ability to get breakfast at the hotel. Any other reasonable hotels? We will be reserving rooms for 2 each (as many as 5 rooms) and suites are not needed. Thanks in advance!

You're driving past the port to get south of the airport. It's about the same distance/driving time from White Marsh to the port as from the airport area to the port. And for most people not parking at the port, when you leave at the end of the cruise, you're already heading north.

Both areas are fine, but I'd typically recommend the airport area if you're driving from the south and the White Marsh area if driving from the north.

Since you're driving and parking, the Aberdeen area is also an option, that may be a little less expensive. Slightly longer drive. There's a Residence Inn, a Courtyard, and Springhill Suites (I'm a Marriott guy) among others in that area. A little more work to find places to eat. White Marsh hotels are near a shopping center with restaurants.

We will be arriving from NY the day before, and plan to park at the port for the cruise. Any other reasonable hotels? We will be reserving rooms for 2 each (as many as 5 rooms)

I would check out http://www.trinityreservations.com

They offer park n stay hotels tax free. Since you're staying overnight and need parking it would be cheaper since you would not have the additional 7 days of parking at the port. The only downside is you would have to wait for the hotel shuttle to pick you up at the port so your trip home would be pushed back a bit, but the dollar savings are worth it, IMHO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

You're driving past the port to get south of the airport. It's about the same distance/driving time from White Marsh to the port as from the airport area to the port. And for most people not parking at the port, when you leave at the end of the cruise, you're already heading north.

Both areas are fine, but I'd typically recommend the airport area if you're driving from the south and the White Marsh area if driving from the north.

Since you're driving and parking, the Aberdeen area is also an option, that may be a little less expensive. Slightly longer drive. There's a Residence Inn, a Courtyard, and Springhill Suites (I'm a Marriott guy) among others in that area. A little more work to find places to eat. White Marsh hotels are near a shopping center with restaurants.

Thank you for all your advice. I think White Marsh will fit our needs.

I would check out www.trinityreservations.com

They offer park n stay hotels tax free. Since you're staying overnight and need parking it would be cheaper since you would not have the additional 7 days of parking at the port. The only downside is you would have to wait for the hotel shuttle to pick you up at the port so your trip home would be pushed back a bit, but the dollar savings are worth it, IMHO.

I'll check this our too but our cruise is 12 nights, not 7. Also interested in staying in a safe, family friendly area where we can go to dinner after checking into the hotel. Our group is 9 adults and 1 child, 5 rooms needed in total for 1 night. Thank you.

I'll check this our too but our cruise is 12 nights, not 7. Also interested in staying in a safe, family friendly area where we can go to dinner after checking into the hotel. Our group is 9 adults and 1 child, 5 rooms needed in total for 1 night. Thank you.
Some of their hotels offer up to 14 nights of parking, it just all depends on supply, demand and availability.

• 3 weeks later...

Aberdeen area is less than a hour away from the port. Several hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Red Roof Inn, Days Inn). And soon a Hampton Inn.

A number of eating venues. Applebees, Bob Evans, La Tolteca (very good Mexican), Olive Tree (GREAT Italian), Greene Turtle (pub like), Lee's Hunan, and a number of fast foods. A bit further away (5 - 10 minutes) there is also a Golden Corral all you can eat, to practice for your cruise. :)

And Bel Air is about 15 - 20 minutes and has even more places. Red Robin, Bonefish Grill, Famous Dave's, Outback, red Lobster, Chili's, Bertucci's, and more.

If you need more info, ask. I live in the area.

We ended up booking in the White Marsh area. Only staying for the night before and will drive and park at the port. We can drive back to NY immediately after the cruise.

I'll let you know about our experience after we return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums