MSC Divina Questions

wendy_email

Hello- First Time on Cruise Critic and First time on MSC. I have been on about 10 cruises with Carnival and Royal

1: Can we take a Playstation or X box and connect it in the room?

2: Do they have self service laundry like carnival does? All I see is pre-paid per piece laundry

3: How is the spa? Is the Thermal Area Cruise Pass worth it? on Carnival it always got so crowded.

Thanks in advance,

Wendy

Simple answer is: No. MSC provides an ironing service only.

I think it should read an ironing only service.

(Sorry to sound like the grammar police, but I think in this instance it warrants a comment)

What you have written sounds like they don't offer a wash and iron service, which they do, and in addition they offer an iron only, (no washing), service.

pete

Grammar on this site can get.......depressing.

I think it should read an ironing only service.

(Sorry to sound like the grammar police, but I think in this instance it warrants a comment)

What you have written sounds like they don't offer a wash and iron service, which they do, and in addition they offer an iron only, (no washing), service.

pete

I have been trying to pre-book excursions and spa treatments and their website keeps crashing. Has anyone else had problems with their website being outdated and not working?

I had a couple issues but did book an excursion. Most of my issues were related to registration/passenger details.

Hello- First Time on Cruise Critic and First time on MSC. I have been on about 10 cruises with Carnival and Royal

1: Can we take a Playstation or X box and connect it in the room?

2: Do they have self service laundry like carnival does? All I see is pre-paid per piece laundry

3: How is the spa? Is the Thermal Area Cruise Pass worth it? on Carnival it always got so crowded.

Thanks in advance,

Wendy

We just returned from Divina, we were in YC so had automatic access to the spa, so whether you should pay extra for it, not sure. I can only tell you of our experience with the spa, and it was fabulous!! Very beautiful appointed, locker rooms large and stylish. I visited the spa twice, first time on first sea day, and I was the only one there! I used the steam room and sauna. Second time I visited with my daughter on second sea day. Again, nobody in the steam room, there were only 2 other ladies in sauna. There are 6 beds there looking out over the water, no problem finding a free one to relax on. What I loved about the spa, is that the steam rooms and saunas were separate for men and women. Not sure if this is standard in the US, it isn't in Europe and was a nice surprise.

All in all, I recommend the spa!

What I loved about the spa, is that the steam rooms and saunas were separate for men and women. Not sure if this is standard in the US, it isn't in Europe and was a nice surprise.

All in all, I recommend the spa!

We don't really care about steam rooms and saunas but if we did that should be really bad news! If we shall use the spa we wants to do it together!

We will not pay for it but since we will be in the YC it will be included.

We don't really care about steam rooms and saunas but if we did that should be really bad news! If we shall use the spa we wants to do it together!

We will not pay for it but since we will be in the YC it will be included.

Funny ................... I was happy to read that. We have free access with our Aurea booking. Looks like we won't meet up in the Spa, SC! :D

Lou, thank you for the info. :)

Funny ................... I was happy to read that. We have free access with our Aurea booking. Looks like we won't meet up in the Spa, SC! :D

Lou, thank you for the info. :)

We might but obviously not in the sauna or steam room!

We went to the Spa twice on Meraviglia but might use it more on Divina since it's a longer cruise and as I understand it the access from the YC will be easier!

We might but obviously not in the sauna or steam room!

We went to the Spa twice on Meraviglia but might use it more on Divina since it's a longer cruise and as I understand it the access from the YC will be easier!

Yep! Your own private elevator to whisk you down to deck 14, SC. We'll have to make do with steerage access. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 Not complaining though - happy to be looking forward to an enjoyable cruise onboard Divina. :D

Yep! Your own private elevator to whisk you down to deck 14, SC. We'll have to make do with steerage access. clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 Not complaining though - happy to be looking forward to an enjoyable cruise onboard Divina. :D

Bea, I need your help, again. I did sign up for the 2019 repo (still steerage but must have a balcony for any TA). We do love the thermal spas and didn't even think about getting the access for Meraviglia--just did it. After reading about limited facilities in Divina spa, I'm conflicted. Online, the cost is per person yet I've read that "couples" deals are sometimes available. Would that be something (if available) to get on the ship? Perhaps my MSC agent would know? TIA.

Bea, I need your help, again. I did sign up for the 2019 repo (still steerage but must have a balcony for any TA). We do love the thermal spas and didn't even think about getting the access for Meraviglia--just did it. After reading about limited facilities in Divina spa, I'm conflicted. Online, the cost is per person yet I've read that "couples" deals are sometimes available. Would that be something (if available) to get on the ship? Perhaps my MSC agent would know? TIA.

Chose port or starboard with care.

If you want sun on your balcony for the sea days you should chose starboard for a US to Europe crossing, and port for a Europe to US crossing.

Pete

Chose port or starboard with care.

If you want sun on your balcony for the sea days you should chose starboard for a US to Europe crossing, and port for a Europe to US crossing.

Pete

Which is why I chose port-less sun for this "too much in the sun" Floridian. Thanks for the info, though. In fact, our three NCL ta's have been the same starboard spa minis. I'm always looking for the shade. [emoji41]

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hi Rhea ... We've booked an Aurea cabin for this one so access to the Spa is included. Whether I use it or not, remains to be seen. I very rarely do - I'm not a Spa person so have limited knowledge of MSC's Aurea Spas. I do know that Meraviglia has the best Spa facilities of the fleet (so far - Seaside may equal or even surpass them). On Divina, the Spa pass (or an Aurea/Yacht Club booking) gives access to the thermal suite which is comprised of sauna, steam and relaxation room.

There are conflicting reports and confusion on the forum surrounding the price deals for the Spa on Divina at the moment. I'd wait, if I were you, for a bit more clarity on the subject before deciding to pre-book it.

I'm reading every Divina-related post to get as much info as I can as there are so many things done differently on her than on the rest of the ships in the fleet and I have no experience of them as I've only ever sailed her in the Med and on her crossing to Miami. I'm looking forward to experiencing a Stateside MSC cruise. :)

Thanks, so much, Bea. I do see the conflicting prices on Meraviglia, but the Divina shows one price, $129 per person which seems reasonable for the 21 days (the same total we paid for the 21 days of b2b on Meraviglia. It's a long way off, but if I can save a few bucks up front, I'll do it. DH likes sauna/steam bath and relaxation room. I'm more for hot tubs but spend a lot of time in relaxation room on Epic.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk