Experience with organizing a Group on MSC

Into Cruising

Does anyone have experience organizing a Group on MSC. They seem to be a bit harder to do and organize that some other cruise lines. Any tips?

If I book while on board, can I book into an exisiting group my TA has available, and if so will I receive the on board perks or the Group perks or both?

Thanks, Bret,

I have a group set up, but some clients want to book into from on board and double dip.

I did not think that was allowed. I have not been assigned a Group Coordinator as of yet.

One more question, if you please.

The size of your group makes it totally different, but did you need to put down any additional deposit for blocking any of the suites or Yacht Club Cabins. I am being told that I might have to pay full deposits and put names to the reservations to have YC cabins allotted.

Any experience with that?

Any other tips will be appreciated.

Joe

Joe,

The double dipping is exactly why they don't allow it. ;p And yes, approval to hold Suites or Yacht Club in groups has to come from higher up. Full deposits are required as well.

My best tip? Have the patience of a saint. :D When it comes to inventory issues, they don't have the authority to deal with things outside the norm here in the US. They have to email Italy and responses can take days.

Bret

Joe,

The double dipping is exactly why they don't allow it. ;p And yes, approval to hold Suites or Yacht Club in groups has to come from higher up. Full deposits are required as well.

My best tip? Have the patience of a saint. :D When it comes to inventory issues, they don't have the authority to deal with things outside the norm here in the US. They have to email Italy and responses can take days.

Bret

Or responses can take weeks. My travel agent has been trying to set up a group booking for me for over 3 weeks. When I called group reservations myself to see if I could speed things up, they will only deal with travel agents. They expected to have pricing by Oct-Nov. yikes. How can you run a business like that. We have at least 6 people who already booked with a $200 deposit and hopefully they can move us all into a group booking when they finally decide to set one up for us. I hate to solicit more people to join us until MSC gets their act together. We've been told we have a group number assigned to us but no pricing.

I am actually a little ahead of the game in that I received a spreadsheet that gives the group pricing for the Seaside. So I was given pricing, and asked for an allotment of cabins....but they want deposits and names for any YC cabins. I do not mind the deposit, but can not give all of the names this early.

Are you talking Seaside, if so I can share what I have with you. I have pricing from March of 2018 through March 2019.

I am a bit concerned with the ability to move FIT Bookings into the Group, as I was told to do so I must hold the same category in my allotment in the Group and they trade it out one for one.

• 3 weeks later...
I am actually a little ahead of the game in that I received a spreadsheet that gives the group pricing for the Seaside. So I was given pricing, and asked for an allotment of cabins....but they want deposits and names for any YC cabins. I do not mind the deposit, but can not give all of the names this early.

Are you talking Seaside, if so I can share what I have with you. I have pricing from March of 2018 through March 2019.

yes please! I'll be booking a group for June/July 2019. I know it will be different than what you have, but at least it will give me an idea of what they offer vs RCCL, Carnival and NCL.