Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Good morning all,

No ... not a yam or a roasted pepper .... just three sweet raw Piccarella peppers. I love scallions but never grill them .....

I see that whacky El Presidenté is keeping Americans entertained this evening. He has an enduring repertoire.

Hope our Lois is enjoying herself ...... she really should call home so we all know she is gainfully occupied in maximisiing fun .....:)

Busy day, and Roberto made dinner for DD and family. The PuertoRican version of Shepherds' Pie, which we call Pastelón de Papas. It was delicious...We devoured it with a side of peas and started with a shrimp salad I prepared (my contribution to the feast). No time to cook a flan, so I bought an ok carrot cake. The family has just left, and I'll need to load the dishwasher...but, I'm taking a break...

Cam, dinner sounds delicious!

Nothing too fancy tonight. Chimmichurri sauce. Garlic mashed with salt, added lemon juice, zest, olive oil, and chopped parsley.

bdb37157b3f62781dbd74af7ff183a71.jpg

Flat iron steak and corn, cooking on the grill.

adf91209fad66e8897aaffa6918fe2e3.jpg

Nicely plated with steamed asparagus.

f32e5da9a29da1331f94571935dc7998.jpg

Cooked rare, of course. Served with the chimichurri sauce

7c8381e7902e104810194ab9448ba841.jpg

And a nice wine that we brought back from South Africa. One of our favorite wineries there.

7a96c72a5b6b2c7c58eff2b7353606a8.jpg

Don't worry. I poured a second glass for Chris. Good night all! Hopefully I will catch up on my sleep some day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

G'Day All.......been very busy lately so just trying to catch up......delicious food on show as usual....mouth watering!!

Haven't had a BBQ since DH passed and l do miss it...just doesn't seem worth it for one.

Had the storm of the decade here last night...first clap of thunder was so loud l almost fell out of bed....furry baby was beside himself so got up and turned the tv on loud until it passed over at around 1am........😴

New cleaning lady starts tomorrow so as one does I'm busy tidying up and cleaning around......

Chester Pride Parade on Saturday....friends taking part so the kids and l are going to rattle the maracas....should be fun....!

Safe travels to the balcony Jeffers.....

Happy Day 😊

Hello all.

Safe journey Jeff.

All the food photos and descriptions sound delish.

Ms Sophia, I can totally relate to tidy before the cleaning person. And Cam, I recall my mom making lunch for our housekeeper too.

I am trying to busy myself with productive things and am painting the garage door. Next the house? :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all. Safe journey Jeff.

I am trying to busy myself with productive things and am painting the garage door. Next the house? :-)

Looks like a terror attack in Barcelona ...local media reporting two killed and several injured....ongoing. When is this ever going to end......

YES, very sad in so many, many ways. Just watching news reports now. Barcelona is one of our most favorite cities and know this area where it is happening well. Early, but unconfirmed reports of the "folks" involved being from northern Africa, local people being on "lock down", etc. Details being shared as to how Spain has been getting lots of people coming into their country from these challenged regions of the Middle East and Africa.

Unfortunately, my view is that these "situations" will not be ending soon. It's a long, long discussion, but here is not the best place for such a sharing of this background, history and opinions. This use of vehicles as a "weapon" of attack is a sad shift in the tactics by these terrible terrorists.

Nice food pictures from JP, etc. Glad to know that Spins is available for painting projects. We might be ready to hire you and have you fly up to Central Ohio

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 226,880 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hello All.......

Such sad events in Spain....my heart goes out to all those involved.

On a lesser sadness but not for his family one of our much loved entertainers Sir Bruce Forsyth passed today.... brought back childhood memories of early television days in the 50's and the London Palladium.

According to the weather forecast we are to expect storm Gertie to appear in the U.K. on Sunday afternoon....

Wishing everyone a happy weekend. 😊

Hello Coolers!

Adding my thoughts and prayers for the families of those affected by the massacre in Barcelona.

Regarding Mr. Forsyth, I tend to think he married the first Miss World from Puerto Rico, Wilnelia Merced. Lovely couple, especially regarding all good works that have done.

Good Evening Coolers,

Although over recent years we fell "out of love" with Barcelona, it was largely because of the increase in tourist numbers. However those things we first fell in love with are still there, and we found loads of excuses to visit, twice using SS as a moving office. The market, Ramblas, sea food, tapasetc. are still magic.

I was lucky enough as a lad to have a few bookings to play records in a club there, and later we had a design client based there. We use to regularly take a suite at the Meridian, and they always gave us one behind the flags overlooking Ramblas sadly where some lost their lives. Also, one of my favourite piccies "Basking In Barcelona".

Thought I'd share some piccies from previous trips including some older ones of what use to be our favourite regular place for seafood.

6eae610249d0781bcc76d8e7789e9702.jpg

a85a28902862c891b596fecb0288a8a0.jpg

c585b33e9e62ef4af09a439cb2d58563.jpg

e980332d38f67ddad920762d0b6549d5.jpg

f3faa28283ac92198e16325fd7584b7b.jpg

b157acb430cc2a076cfe8d42590a0924.jpg

Jeff, nice Barcelona pics. Makes me want to go back. It was lovely in the off-season. Hope Helga behaved on the way down to seaside.

S - I saw your comment about BBQ for one. Well, I use the grill all the time for two and it is handy because there are fewer cooking pots to wash. Something to consider..though if you have to fuss with charcoal then I understand. Having a gas grill makes all the difference.

Terry, I agree with you. 'Nuff said.

Not in any shape to cook tonight. Last night was cod fillet with lots of garlic and butter, lemon, wine, etc over rice. And a nice salad with freshly made honey mustard vinaigrette. Tonight even that seems like too much work. So we'll find some take out.

0efb2e002e39fdcbde21d8161402012b.jpg

35f6716a3bda9176d7c2cfcdec46920a.jpg

Lovely food pics JP. Helga behaved although it was a rotten wet drive. Rain, fog, roadworks .... all that was missing was pestilence and plague ....

Whisper nosing in to Barcelona, and Silver Ted celebrating the arrival ...... and ready to party .....

a274437a9931f035e14d3aa974a8fdd1.jpg

87bd4e35ad4bb02710099b0d03c647df.jpg

Silver Ted looks like how I want to be today. A disgusting rainy day with just enough heat that the rain felt uncomfortable instead of refreshing. Yuck.

Decided to thaw ground beef in the microwave and make hamburgers. Time for another glass of wine!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi JP,

I know you and Chris are petrol heads ... and one or two others are. In posting piccies of BCN, I found some piccies that may interest others.

One summer many summers ago, we had the sort of summer that was perfect. A few days at Cannes film festival with a friend who was also a client who also loved the smell of petrol, so chartered a Seadream to take a few close friends for a week long party taking in Palme D'Or at Cannes ( he didn't get his just rewards ..... ), Monaco Grand Prix and Old Timers with a night in St Trop.

The piccies of Monaco during those few days might (or might not ) be interesting because the whole area is in "lock down" but boats within are all access, so we were able to wander around freely and soak in the atmosphere which at night is unique.

Anyway, I'll post some random piccies in a few posts for you to enjoy as you wish ...

445e69ab1c224127cc17a37c392b040b.jpg

b08e252623495404ffb1348092eeeb0f.jpg

76a008f9e75f77f069ab52d38d8bd534.jpg

7fe51f76a7aa76aa0312bcc4bc183c1a.jpg

b227ef7f813086b61b82b7dcf48588ec.jpg

9deadc55b8f92fd754413d21be83a155.jpg