Staying onboard in HMC

I think you would be crazy to go all the way back to the ship for lunch.. Just enjoy HMC :hearteyes: It's gorgeous. I don't know about the food as I went to HMC on Holland America, but we found it great for what it was. It wouldn't be worth the trip to the boat and back just to get a bite to eat.

I like eating in the outdoor areas on HMC. The chicken is usually good, along with the rice and peas. I always ask for the island food, rather than burgers or hot dogs. It's free, no charge, and unless you want some special lunch, or have Cheers and don't want to get charged for drinks on HMC, there really isn't a need to return to the ship.

Has anyone here ever done this? Or gone back to the ship for lunch and tendered back to the beach? Do you remember what was open for lunch, was it the normal choices or was some stuff closed for the staff that works on the island?

Things are open for the people who stay on the ship.

When we went to HMC, it was raining lightly most of the day. We figured we were going to be wet anyway since we'd be in the water, so we were among the very few people who went to the island. While it would have been nice to have had a warm, sunny day, we still had a GREAT time.

I would not waste time returning to the ship and returning to the island in the afternoon for the rest of the port call. The Buffet lunch at HMC is good. Certainly the Lido Restaurant on the ship will be open for Lunch, but not sure about venues like Guy's, but I would imagine they would be.

With many fellow guests on the island, the ship is much quieter (even a HAL vessel). It does allow one to enjoy the ship's facilities without many people around.

The grilled jerk chicken at HMC is delicious. There will be some lunch venues open on the ship, but it is more limited because the ship's staff carry all the food that is consumed on the island off of the ship, and serve it on the island leaving fewer food personnel on the ship. There isn't much in the way of activities to do on the ship while anchored at HMC. But you could sunbathe and swim on the ship weather permitting.

I too stayed onboard due to a medical issue tendering and although I missed visiting the amazing island on that trip, it was nice to have a semi-private ship. As others said, the usual options are open (no lines either)... but no entertainment to really speak of... just empty pools, jacuzzis and venues... very relaxing