Adapters for Pride?

DramaQueen22

Cruising on the Pride for New Year's. I think I saw somewhere that the plugs on the ship are European so you need to have an adapter. What kind do we need: American to European or Euro to American? Will be using a hair dryer and usb phone chargers in the outlets.

Cruising on the Pride for New Year's. I think I saw somewhere that the plugs on the ship are European so you need to have an adapter. What kind do we need: American to European or Euro to American? Will be using a hair dryer and usb phone chargers in the outlets.

I've never needed any adapters and I've sailed the Pride twice - the third being in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They have hairdryers in the cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What you should bring is a multi-outlet plug so you can use more than one thing at a time. The single outlet provided can only do one thing at a time. I haven't been on Pride but on the two Conquest class ships I've been on the single outlet is over by the desk/mirror dressing area and it's at the other end of the room from the bed so it would be hard to sit in bed and use your phone while charging. We had an extension cord with three outlets (NOT surge-protected though - you don't need surge protection on board and it's against the rules). so w could plug in my wife's cpap, a multi USB charger with 4 or 5 connections so we could charge both phones, a camera and tablet all at the same time and closer to the bed.

Incidentally, both my cabins had both an American outlet and a Euro one so we could have brought a euro adapter and had two outlets. But the extension cord worked fine for us.

The Pride has US outlets as well as EU, if memory serves.

These three are outlet and usb chargers that specifically are NOT surge protectors, one has a worldwide adapter if you want that extra insurance:

4NsDKj94wxndvBQ_SMuIdR_JNHMkNnJdHxJvgzdjVJkksptsrP70lQhAxB_zSZREzH6jyC55Y4yPOqvgejVGO9u9ZR6shcL6gZhZ8QQPP19o5x8GWnk1RMfbOC7k1CfoXHq1M-ESQOtvyMhZJ3X1GYgxzI_Hm94NB8wa098JgFpW7KwjtYNDMzszISVzeZ6Ca_EupgOGdI8bXoiVIE0CSlhKLqwAYSUtqQ6Jz_47f45MXT7vT9dn1jzFRn8R1c_MYQEJ_E6Y6-iIpUZEx7qNSHFTqSAkYkxJSJzVqQm-hhMDUfqc7B_7sQN3_VeSl99wW_XOC3fNt2E1iFqVfpxf6JqCQ3dSxLtXNVNGwG32xla-Bv5pBOlEZ4Xw8TR1HTZX2Fo7tTHaWom5cfm6-qocGjcEIDFIILNLqaKg0uyBUS1okgO4VnUgLpry_8lmKNGPCgJpTRCohKNhsIyx0RycLB8-HTl6fltKP83oaqK81EaerSy6VBWj2eR4O7R6oyLNJ9FqP0zPxnERFYRM6CtYnwyZK6ADPkKLSOJUInGz2xMwpxdaBaCw5UXdueUw9XP0sc_n6ejfc3bvKOdKeLXhEg1ZoAYFpWPtXJSmfTUiG4YBVWkucwWr=w287-h242-no

NTONPOWER 3 Port USB Power Strip

pJ1fX_AboBHGtv4zgTAdftYJDnxBMBhTSUkCdMyS7Gyrsq5YZwA3iteNYEaJaazivxphUIqPscrFukj91jh6ceGzAoK_j09J7XSvvPH9O8SCvPjTzohlu-2BB4G0e4NZskbbkvuom5h95_E3KacILUyJ6wBnJfNPdAod46WxZfClhPKoLAhX93PE2bCZegeMedSkwXmuEGSDxSiraOo8cY02T1mRJnyHJD3qxVUNdvTGjLi3K5-67SG6tHJd9w-boNuGTH8R4pnFiTzct8YLX5QG7z2bakZ23Eepqq9UEe2sDKb__hBNSnYYIPrIwixJfxOH5A4Cw8r6f6MJZbbsOWzFUlgIwN11AyvKozC8PgCbAVPLOHHsWn1TplpWtg57eAqrNnU5vVMyKmwl7CB7VQ7D8WHJreAU0IS5CuHJThMqVK_8PFvz8_wzY_Etn_pF6bLiuBrJJ-N_CiYC0EVSmX_1EFmQIpZMenUZzgAAC0ggePLZvLwhgDIwjCaCT7hB7uJMROj9W7ST3pRd45Rq0yI5pyMz2a_ZafEEJD1mU1mI2CFOWBQDGu-QhJgWEUZtjkgnrSR-4NKyzIy8JFsUxLwTEvTfiGL7Fd0q25TEkc0ZR0WJInRA=w288-h251-no

MAKETECH Compact Aluminum 2-Outlet Travel Power Strip with 3 USB Charging Ports

spqr57SzfVVGH8DEpymFX1bq3is-gfpd9jA_tXVKUKRc3J4oHTcRJ24UHd3agpANhSIzBseUL6psyyZ10zX6-tPy1PY_F-o_Df8POnnVkgmi5tlhMyiKlVPWcscoUszkvnsiHOajiUcXmde5s-k6pE1iiDCxeu3LXlt9Euu5BlNtWjb8wcUaQEuXGhuJ_64aq07aNQzgUWS92W7r76X81QU_DsPl1c1ZJmcmjfi7iz8IQM1O2RPRbpGpnkIUZVqG6N4saKIbmlrmO9Wb2tHQfcUVXvnHSKdz27arxdkT4UmpKznNOfukvlKIFKBSuQ1847g2lkeyBtAClbbHQQuD0Q9i9zYM_naO0Jo8KmkpqEpQbz7Jxfde_dYMOa9b4HtsmdHVs4UpQKVIxd7GxruH8_zq5UtEAvaXX54RuAnyMS0P--SDCESE0DfgBGkf1IAxCw__2LzqNi-SxlVy3gubpVKkfnyghRXiSFHBK8DY2YHTCyQTHDWNKezrJXB7xFu4H6eq5BsqmMxf9XFh9C-zXrpZxW1XxR962nc5cpcOYKGFExML8jkOKUlN8g-6yUeWFwc9ucKj0HgMTj-udPwNOioti8FX8eFUshTsV6duXR2NbeyS8jhi=w286-h289-no

AMIR 3 In 1 Travel Power Charging Station, 6 Feet Cord Portable International Power Strip with USB and Worldwide Travel Adapter

Ok, this is what we do for electrical onboard.

US 110v we use a basic 6' extension cord with three outlets at one end.

220v Euro we either use a plug adapter US-Euro two pin https://www.rei.com/product/775157/rei-co-op-adapter-plug-e106-europe-and-asia OR one of our Euro splitters picked up on our travels.

The issue with a multiport USB is that they aren't strong enough to charge many things at the same time.

Make sure you check the voltage on your stuff. Almost everything these days is 110v-240v, but there are still a few 110v only devices out there.

Another recent threadElectrical Socket in stateroom

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2532221

CAUTION... do not use a 110v extension cord or splitter in a 220v with an adapter. It fails spectacularly. As in sparks and blown fuses. DD's roommate in Rome did this.

Edited by SadieN

Ok, this is what we do for electrical onboard.

US 110v we use a basic 6' extension cord with three outlets at one end.

220v Euro we either use a plug adapter US-Euro two pin https://www.rei.com/product/775157/rei-co-op-adapter-plug-e106-europe-and-asia OR one of our Euro splitters picked up on our travels.

The issue with a multiport USB is that they aren't strong enough to charge many things at the same time.

Make sure you check the voltage on your stuff. Almost everything these days is 110v-240v, but there are still a few 110v only devices out there.

Another recent threadElectrical Socket in stateroom

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2532221

CAUTION... do not use a 110v extension cord or splitter in a 220v with an adapter. It fails spectacularly. As in sparks and blown fuses. DD's roommate in Rome did this.

We have sailed on the Star and the Jade, and both ships had both European and North American electrical outlets.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Forums mobile app

Incidentally, both my cabins had both an American outlet and a Euro one so we could have brought a euro adapter and had two outlets. But the extension cord worked fine for us.

^^^ This right here! There is a dual outlet that is in front of the mirror- one side of the outlet is American and the other is Euro. We brought a plug that had 2 USB ports and 2 outlets which was more than enough for us to charge phones/cameras, etc. We personally had no need for the extension cord but like others have mentioned if you need something in bed (CPAP, etc) you'll need to bring 4-6 foot extension cord. No surge protector strip though- it is not allowed...

I use a USB 4-port hub with a Euro plug. That leaves any US plugs available for other things.

Just make sure that you don't bring anything with a surge protector as it (hopefully) would be confiscated as these are NOT SAFE on a ship.

Something to keep in mind, do not use surge protected power bars onboard. Household surge protectors are designed to be used on electrical service that utilize one hot wire, and one neutral, ships systems utilize two hot wires. Use of a surge protector may present a sidnifical fire hazard.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Forums mobile app