Cabin ? Glory what would pick?

helene109

I like the fact that the rooms connect and definitely prefer the 2 full bathrooms. Deck 2 is very convenient to getting on/off at ports and you are going opposite of the flow when going to dinner. I like to take the stairs so I get to work off all the extra calories I consume. My preference is Deck 1, then Deck 2. Less motion down there too if the weather gets rough.

I had 2470 on both the Conquest and the Glory last spring. It is definitly larger than other OVs. It's pie shape with a couch and table with two chairs and two unobstructed windows. I was able to see both2472 and 2474. They are not larger even though 2474 appears that way. They both have deep window and no couch. It is SHAKY back there. I also noticed a strong sewer smell on the Glory from the aft elevators back. Not sure if your OVs are forward enough to not feel the shaking. I may be wrong,but I believe with the connecting rooms you don't get couches due to the door. I loved 2470 for the size and two windows but the shaking made my daughter sea sick.

I had 2470 on both the Conquest and the Glory last spring. It is definitly larger than other OVs. It's pie shape with a couch and table with two chairs and two unobstructed windows. I was able to see both2472 and 2474. They are not larger even though 2474 appears that way. They both have deep window and no couch. It is SHAKY back there. I also noticed a strong sewer smell on the Glory from the aft elevators back. Not sure if your OVs are forward enough to not feel the shaking. I may be wrong,but I believe with the connecting rooms you don't get couches due to the door. I loved 2470 for the size and two windows but the shaking made my daughter sea sick.

They are far enough forward not to have the shaking. I always made a mental note of where I first observed it walking down the hall.

Connecting cabins do have sofas. They are identical to regular OVs with the exception of the connecting door which is on the wall opposite the bed and sofa so it is not affected.

Maybe because we were on the paradise and it was a much older ship that he missed so much other stuff too I know he would like privacy too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not in my cabin that much, so it's not that important to me. I love being that close to the water looking out the window. It's neat!

I would pick the two connecting! More space and two bathrooms.

Side note: I love 2473, it is HUGE, cruising in it again in November! It does shake a bit, but didn't bother us. Super quiet, very little hall noise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by Anthomaniac

Now my husband said he wanted something different looking at aft cabins and an aft inside! It is $75.00 more for those 2 than a Suite! But he doesn't want a regular ocean view, thanks

for more space, try 2470 or 2473. the rooms are almost twice the size. we had some vibration, but it didn't bother us. YMMV

I will have to see if they are open thanks are they ocean view with larger windows!

ocean view with two windows. :)

these threads have good photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=785088

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1817924

you can search cruise critic for glory 2473 and see the reviews of the room.

Edited by Anthomaniac

I think they are sold out but thanks

No worries, if the room MSP shows less than ten rooms available, then they are sold out. If it shows ten you will have to call carnival, since the website only shows ten.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Is 2470 (or 2473 not sure what side this is) the first 2 sets of windows or the 2nd 2 sets of windows?

So you would be windows 8 and 9 from the back. 2473 and 2465 have 2 windows each. The only possible obstruction would be the window washing equipment, but that doesn't block your view. I have no idea why they consider that whole back end obstructed when it's not. This is the port side, but it's the same on starboard. Hope this helps!

036d6d2de05e3da57e40cdb2f2bdbcfe.jpg