Freedom July 22nd Review Lots of Food Pics

cruisewithwife

did y'all eat in the dining room every night? didn't try the buffet for dinner at all? my husband prefers the informality of a buffet

We enjoy the dining room for dinner. We check out the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Like the idea of someone bringing us the food on vacation

Here was the fun times for our day at sea

enhance

enhance

We slept in this morning and were ready just for a big day of relaxing. We decided to head down to the main dining room for the Seaday Brunch

enhance

enhance

We ended up sitting with a group of 3 other couples and go figure there was 5 out of 8 of us were teachers haha. We had great conversation while enjoying breakfast. DW had the funnest french toast again but this time with fruit loops....she thought the corn flakes were better on it.

enhance

I wanted to try the Huevos Rancheros from the dining room and I thought the ones at Blue Iquana were a littler better.

enhance

I also got the steak and eggs and asked for two steaks. I am telling you this steak is delicious

enhance

After breakfast we changed into swimsuits and headed to the aft pool.....we decided to go sit in the hot tubs which there was no one in. After a while in there we moved down to the pool as it was pretty hot outside. The pool was very relaxing as it was all adults in it and just felt good being in the water. We had set our bag out on a lounger with our flip flops and what not. DW got out and asked me to grab the bag as we were going to head towards serenity. Huge mistake on my part the deck was super hot and almost burning my feet....I get to my flip flops which are black and had been sitting in the sun even bigger mistake ouch my feet were hurting as I quickly moved to the shade and tip toed back to grab the stuff and dip my flip flops in the water.

We don't really have pictures from during this day as we literally relaxed so I will try to explain some...I know it is boring with out the pics. We went up to serenity deck and found an open hammock....this was awesome for all of about 5 minutes as it was burning up there. We then headed to one of the clamshells and getting a bit of shade there and using some towels to shade us we were able to relax and read for a while.

After enough heat we decided to go drop the bags off and head to the bbq for a late lunch. The bbq was very good today and the sides of the mac n cheese and potato salad were on point. We also had a key lime dessert that was delicious and I tried to go get seconds but when it hits 2:30 they shut it down and that is it.

I believe we walked around the ship for a while and then headed back to our room to relax a bit and get ready for the evening. We came back to find our towel animal for the day a monkey.

enhance

We also got our confirmation paper for the Dr. Suess breakfast the following morning.

enhance

It was elegant night number 2 so we got all dressed up...grabbed our glasses of wine and started heading down for some pictures.

enhance

We stopped down at the taste bar

enhance

Tonight was there mexican fare from Blue Iquana...it was decent nothing to write home about though.

enhance

I had the jumbo grilled shrimp...they did not have a whole lot of flavor to them but were still good

enhance

DW had the Fisoli Mushroom cream. This was pretty good

enhance

I also had the duo of the rib and filet mingon. The filet was very good the rib was so so.

enhance

DW had the teriyaki salmon and this was probably one of her favorite dishes on the whole trip

enhance

For tonight's dessert menu

enhance

We both tried the key lime mousse. The top part was good but did not eat the jello at the bottom

enhance

I also had the grand mariner souffle. This was delicious

enhance

Of course I had my ice cream too

enhance

DW tried the melting cake again and it was so so she did have the peanut butter with it which she says makes it a lot better

enhance

We headed to the theater for the nightly show. Tonight's show was Heart of Soul

enhance

During the preshow Malcolm interviewed some married couples and then got them some champagne to enjoy during the show.

enhance

This show was better than I expected...of course it was a lot of love type songs

enhance

enhance

enhance

After these shows we headed over to the comedy club. There was 3 shows in there tonight for the adult audience. We watched them all and it was very good overall. After this we called it a night and we were down to our last full day.

We woke up the next morning and headed down to our Dr. Suess breakfast. Before that though we stepped outside on one of the lower decks. The water was so peaceful this morning

enhance

Then intot he breakfast

enhance

We had to take a picture of ourselves for our kids haha

enhance

This painting was right before you enter as it is near the art gallery and I thought it was pretty cool

enhance

They had ice sculptures and cat in the hat everything everywhere

enhance

enhance

DW got the famous green eggs and ham. She thought it was pretty good but takes a bit to get your mind over the fact that it is green.

enhance

I had the leaning stack of pancakes....they looked really cool but did not taste that amazing

enhance

I also had an omellette...I am pretty sure they messed up my order on this but it was still pretty good.

enhance

After breakfast we went to change into swimsuits for some relaxation....we decided we were going to the serenity deck again.

enhance

This time however we were smart and found the couches in the shade. It was wonderful up here and we were also near a door that shot some ac out whenever it was opened. While sitting here we saw a pelican flying....some people might think oh a pelican...we are in the middle of the ocean pelicans don't hang out here. Even the workers were shocked to see it

enhance

enhance

After some reading and relaxation for quite some time and a little nap by DW I decided to venture off and get us some food. I hit up the buffet and guys burgers

enhance

Overall it was a good little lunch that we shared. We both thought Guy's burger was much better today than the first day we had it. We did see a cargo ship go by us

enhance

We enjoyed relaxing for a while longer

enhance

We headed in to check out the Q and Awesome section with Malcolm. This is where guests can ask questions and he will answer them. He tended to elaborate on things and get off topic a bit but overall it was a fun session.

enhance

We did stick around for the reveal of the Clue Murder Mystery....DW did pick it correctly even without getting all the clues. We then headed back up to the room and found our towel creation waiting for us

enhance

We also got our information about debarkation so we began packing up our things so we could have our suitcases ready to put out for the night

enhance

Tonight's appetizer portion of the menu

enhance

DW had the flatbread which she thought was huge...I ended up finishing it and thought it was very good.

enhance

I ordered the frog legs....we have had frog legs on Carnival before and they were delicious this time though it seemed as if they had no flavor....a few bites was enough of this one

enhance

This was my night to be daring and I had the beef carpaccio...I wasn't exactly sure what it was when I ordered it but I was not a fan

enhance

The entree portion of the menu

enhance

enhance

I started with the Shrimp Creole....I thought this was very good much better than I expected

enhance

DW had the ravioli and thought it was amazing....it was so good I didn't even get to try a bite

enhance

I also had the prime rib which I was dissapointed in

enhance