Steakhouse Question

Midwestgal

I generally order two of the following: beef tartare, tuna tataki, shrimp cocktail or the escargot. I try to alternate or rotate my selections as I'm in the Steakhouse once a cruise. Never had a problem.

Have read here that some have ordered 2 entrees, with the 2nd entree having an additional charge. That's not something I could do; one 9 oz. filet mignon is way more than enough for me.

I've always ordered two appetizers instead of one appetizer and a salad, and it has never been a problem. Most of the appetizers I like are less filling than a salad, so that has worked in my favor. As others have pointed out, the steakhouse meal is a lot of food!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've ordered two appetizers and the salad at dinner in the steakhouse. I must agree that this is a lot of food. During this meal, I opted for the surf and turf, which was smaller than the Cowboy steak I usually get. It was my birthday cruise, and along with getting the chocolate sampler dessert, the chef also sent out a special cheesecake tart and champagne. I usually grab a slice or two of pizza late night before going to the room, but this night I skipped the pizza and had a light breakfast the next morning.

In the past I have ordered 3 courses before my main entree. Sometimes shrimp cocktail, beef carpaccio and onion soup. Have also had the crab cake and the lobster bisque, especially back in the day when you got a good piece of a claw. If I get onion soup, which is very filling, I always get the carpaccio, which is not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know if we can substitute a second appetizer for dessert? In other words, order two appetizers, a salad and an entrée, and be done?

No need to be done, order some ice cream to enjoy afterwards with your coffee or even better, order a piece of cheesecake to take back to your cabin where you can keep it in your fridge and enjoy before going to bed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app