San Pedro to Union Station

Morebeer

Hello Everyone:

May need help with this one. Taking the train from the Los Angeles Union Station to Seattle on Sept. 27th. Returning to LA via 6 day Princess cruise on Sat. Oct 7. What are my best options from getting back to the Union Station train station from San Pedro where the ship disembarks? Is Uber or Lyft my best bet? Thanks.

Get this: there is actually Amtrak Thruway bus service (big coaches) from Berth 95/Catalina Express, which is essentially touching Berth 93 that Princess uses.

Check Amtrak for Station Code SPD. There are four or five buses most days.

Thanks for the tip. However when I went to the Amtrak site it tells me I have to book the thruway bus along with a train segment at the time of my disembarkation from the Princess cruise. I'm going to call Amtrak to find out if my 2 Amtrak reservations prior to returning to LA on 10/7 qualify. Thanks

Thanks again for the tip. That worked I called Amtrak even though its not the sameday since I have a train reservation prior to needing the bus from San Pedro back to Union Station they were able to make the bus reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is picking up the Metro "Silver Line" on Harbor Blvd., which is just outside the San Pedro Cruise Terminal, which follows the Harbor Freeway downtown; and, where one of its stops in Union Station.

https://media.metro.net/projects_studies/silverline/images/map_silverline_overview.pdf

https://www.metro.net/projects/silverline/

Catch the Red Line at the 7th Street Transit Station or Union Station. Union Station has bathrooms ;).

Many of the busses are regular commuter busses. Most of the seat facing forward. Would only do this if you're taking the smaller carryon size luggage.

When we take the Blue Line (train) down to Long Beach even our 22" cases are a bit in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are planning to try the Silverline when we depart a cruise in October. Is it hard to ride with carry on luggage? Which stop would be best to get the red line to Hollywood/Vine station? Thanks.

go to www.metro.net for directions from the port to Hollywood/Vine. For directions, enter either USS Iowa or Catalina Express, San Pedro.

The alternative would be to get over to the Long Beach Transit Center and take the Blue Line to the Red Line and get off at Hollywood/Vine.

There isn't much room on the bus or train. When we take the train down to Long Beach, the largest suitcase we take is a 22" and a tote/purse. The bus will have even less room.

Thanks Rose for the information. I have thought about both options. We will be able to check the situation out when we arrive the day before the cruise. We arrive back on a Sunday in San Pedro so hopefully the bus would not be crowded.