Behind the Fun Tour on the Inspiration

AZCAMM

The Behind the Fun tour is offered on every ship for every cruise length. When I took the tour on a four day cruise on the Inspiration in August 2016, it was $55 per person.

The Carnival site says $55 - $95 per person depending on the cruise length. The newer ships cost more due to the tours being longer and other unknown reasons. The tour of the Triumph on a four day cruise in February 2017 was $95.

I just want to warn you that on Fantasy class ships, the stairs down into the engine control room are really steep. You are basically climbing a ladder.

The Behind the Fun tour is offered on every ship for every cruise length. When I took the tour on a four day cruise on the Inspiration in August 2016, it was $55 per person.

The Carnival site says $55 - $95 per person depending on the cruise length. The newer ships cost more due to the tours being longer and other unknown reasons. The tour of the Triumph on a four day cruise in February 2017 was $95.

You wuz robbed! Triumph doesn't have a steakhouse! :)

In "the old days," the presence of a steakhouse determined whether the tour cost $55 or $95. When I did it on Victory (Triumph-class) back in....2013?...it was only $55, which was a pretty good deal since it's not much smaller than a Freedom-class. But....no steakhouse.

I just want to warn you that on Fantasy class ships, the stairs down into the engine control room are really steep. You are basically climbing a ladder.

Good point. I haven't encountered steep stairs like that during BtF on any other class, but I remember that "ladder" very well.

I did it on inspiration. It was 55.00. About three hours. Swag is a hat, lanyard, and group photo with the captain on the bridge.

While they narrate the tour, feel free to ask lots of questions. The tour was flat worth the money. I learned so much about the human factors of running the ship. I saw the crew spaces and learned the logistics of getting goods on and trash off the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
I did it on inspiration. It was 55.00. About three hours. Swag is a hat, lanyard, and group photo with the captain on the bridge.

While they narrate the tour, feel free to ask lots of questions. The tour was flat worth the money. I learned so much about the human factors of running the ship. I saw the crew spaces and learned the logistics of getting goods on and trash off the ship.

I've done this before yet I am a cruise nerd so I loved it. I have heard people say it is worth doing it on every ship. Do you agree? I am taking a 1st time cruiser with me on this ship in February and I think she would enjoy it.