Nude Cruises

SteveS

I guess a nude or clothing optional cruise is a theme cruise. We had a great time on the Bare Necessities Hawaiian cruse in March. There were theme nights and a costume and talent show.

You won't get many repliss to to this. This is kind of a taboo subect. Personally, I say live and let live. For instance, if you want a personal tan on your balcony I say go for it. If ou happen to have a nosy neighbor, be abrupt and try to shame them out of it.

• 3 months later...
I guess a nude or clothing optional cruise is a theme cruise. We had a great time on the Bare Necessities Hawaiian cruse in March. There were theme nights and a costume and talent show.

:confused::confused:

Isn't that a contradiction in terms??:D

I'd love to sail a clothing-optional cruise! I have always thought of clothes as a necessary nuisance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen their ships around, but I don't speak any German, is it practical for English-speakers? I wasn't sure there would be an FKK area. And I have found many German ladies who like to dance, (some of the dance clubs around Toronto have a German heritage) so it seems possible, if Aida does accommodate English-only passengers.

:eek:After having wandered the "clothing optional" beach at Orient Beach, St. Martin...it nuked all the great young man fantasies from my special BANK...;)

Take a snapshot of the local Walmart , then picture that on a "clothing optional" beach and you'll be begging for cover-ups.

My advice, don't wreck a good fantasy.:eek::eek:

Now the the counterpart-Brazilian beaches are a whole-nother deal:D

• 3 years later...

There are a dozen nude cruise every year. All are charters by Bare Necessities, Castaway Travel, Shoes Only, Swingers Cruises and others. The cost is more like none discounted fares on the textile cruise. Most of the large carriers offer their ships for these charters. Rules very from nudity on the pool deck at sea only to everywhere but the dinning room.

• 1 month later...

We did a B2B in February this year with a regular cruise followed by our fifth clothing optional / nude one on the carnival freedom. Apart from the obvious difference, the two experiences just didn't compare. Where o I start? Well the ship on the second week was more alive, had more passengers, a more party feel to it. So if I had to pick my big three differences not related to clothing I'd go with:

1; Additional activities. These ranged from photography sessions, to body painting, to massage. There is a huge amount just not offered on a regular cruise.

2; Theme nights. Ok I know they have these on the regular cruise but there is a vast difference again. Take the "big easy" night. On the regular cruise this was just a stage show and some additional themed entertainment. On the nude cruise it was still the stage show but included a Mardi Gra themed even where literally 100's of the passengers dressed up in costumes.

3; THE PEOPLE! The ship was more 'alive' on the second week. Prime example was the 'Beatles Tribute Show'. On the first week after this show, which is one of the best I've seen on a ship, light sticks were passed out to the audience and nothing these people just sat. I figured they need the ships doctor up there to check for a pulse. The next week the same thing happened towards the end of the show only the whole audience were on their feet singing along and cheering.

Maybe this people difference is due to a different mindset amongst our fellow Travelers that make them more outgoing. I don't know, infact I was to busy having fun to think about it.

For those wanting to try something new I'd thoroughly recommend it to you. To those lost in preconceptions and imaginings well you might want to remain in your comfort zone, though be careful those zones can quickly become a rut.

Be cautious of Shoes Only. Jonathan and Lori's other charter company went belly up--they continued to take deposits and even final payments on cruises they had no intention of delivering.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

As a lifelong naturist who also loves cruising I really fancy a Bare Necessities cruise. What about going solo? I am not looking for romance, I am happily married but I now cruise solo when textile as my husband doesn't like cruises and my daughter is now about to go off to university. We have our final cruise together on the Oriana booked after her A levels.

If you are a single guy, do NOT waste your money on BN. They will happily take your MONEY, because they don't want to be stuck with unsold cabins, but they don't want YOU. Expect to be treated like crap. Most of the other passengers don't want you either, they come from from clubs where, sight unseen, you aren't allowed and expect the same thing on ship.

There are a few single women, I've heard comments both negative and positive. Clodia, have you been on Oriana before? I was just on last month, short review posted under Best Ships For Dancing.

Edited by Dancer Bob

• 2 months later...

The nude Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam was great. Nice ship, good food, great weather and the nicest people, both the crew and passengers. We had a wonderful time, much better than the Hawaii cruise.

The nude Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam was great. Nice ship, good food, great weather and the nicest people, both the crew and passengers. We had a wonderful time, much better than the Hawaii cruise.

Am I allowed to ask which charter group you used to book? I'd love to chat with you about this. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
If you are a single guy, do NOT waste your money on BN. They will happily take your MONEY, because they don't want to be stuck with unsold cabins, but they don't want YOU. Expect to be treated like crap. Most of the other passengers don't want you either, they come from from clubs where, sight unseen, you aren't allowed and expect the same thing on ship.

There are a few single women, I've heard comments both negative and positive. Clodia, have you been on Oriana before? I was just on last month, short review posted under Best Ships For Dancing.

Sorry you had a bad time Bob. We have been on 4 Nude Cruises and met many single guys who were enjoying themselves.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone please tell me if they have nude cruises out of the uk, and what is a good company to book with

Don't know for sure on cruises from the UK but we're on one out of Rome in 2015 on a 5 masted clipper.

Search for bare necessities tour and travel. You'll find genuine nude cruises, rather than "lifestyle" cruises.

Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by MandyMooToo

Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.

All of the French Islands have nude beaches. The south half of Orient Beach on St Marten by The Orient Beach Club is full nude. There are five other nude beaches on St Marten that are more secluded. Some are on the Dutch side, St Maartin.

On St Thomas Little Magens Bay is nude but not legal. From Magens Bay Beach walk to the right keeping the bay on your left for a quarter mile. At high tide you'll be walking in waist deep water.

Take the BNT nude cruise in February 2015. It will be a tour of the French Islands and it's nude beaches.

Edited by Sailor208