Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Hi! I've been lurking for a while and almost ready to purchase on MSC. Lots of great info here (thanks!). New to cruising so looking for some help. :)

Curious about balcony cabins. The description on all the sites I've seen (including MSC's) has been identical, yet there are three main categories (B1, B2, and B3) and then some sites have additional levels (which don't always match to deck #s so I'm not quite sure what they are). Would it be safe to assume that B3 is larger than B2, and B2 is larger than B1? Or is it just a distinction based on location of the cabin? Larger balconies?

Most of the descriptions I've read state the balcony cabins have 148-200 sq ft plus 34-124 sq ft balcony. And MSC shows the same exact description for B1, B2 and B3. The deck plans I've seen don't really show much detail re the balcony, so that's not much help (other than some obvious special locations, such as the four cabins with double-wide balconies).

I'm looking forward to spending time on the balcony reading and relaxing, without be forced to deal with crowds on deck. So if a larger balcony is more assured with B3 then I'll buy it vs the others, etc. I'm assuming that the vast majority of cabins have 148 sq ft and 34 sq ft balcony, and only a few exceptions are larger. If true, which are those larger cabins/balconies?

I suspect I'd prefer a cabin centrally located. I have read the advice for a deck not adjacent to a public space (above or below) which I will definitely follow - relative quiet would be nice.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and explanations re balcony cabins!

All B-1 are amaller balconies, B-3 are all on deck 12 and 13 forward and have larger balconies, your best bet is finding a B-2 in the right location including th aft balconies. Forward rooms you usually feel more up and down motion if it's good size waves. B-2 have a combination of small and large. You can see them on the deck plans. You can see the smaller size toward the middle elevators going aft.

Edited by Bosjoe

We stayed on the 9th and and our friends - on the 10th (both even #s). Room was exactly identical (same layout & footage) but 10th was higher category. The difference? Bathrobes.

All B-1 are amaller balconies, B-3 are all on deck 12 and 13 forward and have larger balconies, your best bet is finding a B-2 in the right location including th aft balconies. Forward rooms you usually feel more up and down motion if it's good size waves. B-2 have a combination of small and large. You can see them on the deck plans. You can see the smaller size toward the middle elevators going aft.

Thanks for the suggestions. I reviewed the deck plans again and now see that some cabins have a 'sliver' of a balcony while others are larger. This will guide my choice. And, I think mid or aft would be better, just in case, so B2 is it. It's certainly not the cost, given how close in price all three categories have been.

Sent from my iPad

We stayed on the 9th and and our friends - on the 10th (both even #s). Room was exactly identical (same layout & footage) but 10th was higher category. The difference? Bathrobes.

Funny. I know people who go out of their way to stay at resorts that offer amenities like bathrobes. I'm surprised, though perhaps I shouldn't be, that MSC doesn't make it clear what the differences are between cabin categories.

Sent from my iPad

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

I'd love that info for 13045 if its not too much trouble.

Thank you!

I'd love that info for 13045 if its not too much trouble.

Not a problem. Cabin 13045 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. It should have a double sofa bed and a shower only. (Some regular balcony cabins have a shower/tub combination though they are not advertised.)

Hope this helps!

Bret

Not a problem. Cabin 13045 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. It should have a double sofa bed and a shower only. (Some regular balcony cabins have a shower/tub combination though they are not advertised.)

Hope this helps!

Bret

How about 11301 & 10087, thanks.

Hope this helps!

Bret

This is great info and MSC should make it public. Are you in a position to post this here so we can search ourselves?

Is there a section of the deck which has the shower/tub combo or is it somewhat random? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

How about 11301 & 10087, thanks.

Cabin 11301 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 95.8 sq ft.

Cabin 10087 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 123.8 sq ft.

As for the cabins that have the shower/tub combos, (other than suites) they are a handful of balcony cabins on decks 8 and 9 midship aft. As for posting it, not sure it is for the public. Not that there is any security issue but I was told they are concerned with liability, should something in the cabin change, (such as the shower/tub combos) folks may try to hold them to what was in print. Makes sense I guess.

Bret

Edited by cruiseguyinorl

How about 9133?

Cabin 9133 - Cabin Interior 192.8 sq ft (32.9 sq ft bathroom + 159.9 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. This is a bathtub/shower combo room.

How about 12154, Bret?

Cabin 12154 - Cabin Interior 148.0 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 123.8 sq ft living space). Balcony is 34.0 sq ft. Note: This type of cabin used to have its own category. Now, however, they are lumped in B2's which are 50 sq ft bigger.

As you can see, cabins vary widely. I've stayed in the smaller one (as well as larger ones) and there is a noticeable difference.

Glad to help!

Bret

Edited by cruiseguyinorl

Bret

If you don't mind me asking ... what about 10057 ? Thanks much

If you don't mind me asking ... what about 10057 ?

Not a problem at all Jenn! We're all here to help each other.

Cabin 10057 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. This cabin should have a double sofa bed.

Bret

Not a problem at all Jenn! We're all here to help each other.

Cabin 10057 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft. This cabin should have a double sofa bed.

Bret

Thanks - doesn't sound too far off from the rooms we have had on Disney - sweet!

Could you provide information on the following rooms:

All listed cabins have the same square footage - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 42.0 sq ft.

Cabins 12121 and 12119 (not listed) connect.

Cabins 12123 and 12125 connect.

Cabin 12127 has a double sofa bed.

Cabins 12133 and 12137 connect.

Do you have information on the MSC Orchestra?

Unfortunately, I only have this info for the Divina. Sorry.

Can you please give me information about cabin 10256?

Cabin 10256 - Cabin Interior 191.8 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 167.6 sq ft living space). Balcony is 118.4 sq ft.

You guys are keeping me busy! :)

Bret