Amazing Cozumel wedding

melinda0222

My sister got married in Feb on Cozumel. We were on the Independence of the Seas on RCCL but we chose to do our own wedding through wedding planners of Cozumel. I have to say they did not disappoint. The wedding was at Mr. Sanchos and was amazing. The coordinators were on top of everything and everything went so smoothly. The set up was perfect, flowers were beautiful, food was delicious. I found this group cruise critic and I can't recommend them enough. The bride and groom were blown away and our entire family thought they exceeded expectations. While we don't have pictures or video yet, we were very pleased with photographer and videographer's time and effort during the ceremony and reception. I am happy to answer any questions, but I can't recommend them enough, simply amazing.

• 1 year later...
My sister got married in Feb on Cozumel. We were on the Independence of the Seas on RCCL but we chose to do our own wedding through wedding planners of Cozumel. I have to say they did not disappoint. The wedding was at Mr. Sanchos and was amazing. The coordinators were on top of everything and everything went so smoothly. The set up was perfect, flowers were beautiful, food was delicious. I found this group cruise critic and I can't recommend them enough. The bride and groom were blown away and our entire family thought they exceeded expectations. While we don't have pictures or video yet, we were very pleased with photographer and videographer's time and effort during the ceremony and reception. I am happy to answer any questions, but I can't recommend them enough, simply amazing.

Hello! This makes me so excited for my wedding! We will be going on the Carnival Cruise Fantasy. We have selected the basic package. No reception. Would you say the reception part was worth it? Did you/ your sister have an reception. My wedding will most likely be in the morning 10-11am. I will be having a minister at the wedding we will have a civil and religious wedding. Is that something your sister did? Did your sister get her marriage license through Mexico or before she left the states, where I believe it is 15 days before sailing we have to send our blood test from the doctor to them. After the wedding does the resort let you stay there or do you have to leave right way? Also going back to the ship the transportation we pre paid for that was for round trip correct?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks!

Hello! This makes me so excited for my wedding! We will be going on the Carnival Cruise Fantasy. We have selected the basic package. No reception. Would you say the reception part was worth it? Did you/ your sister have an reception. My wedding will most likely be in the morning 10-11am. I will be having a minister at the wedding we will have a civil and religious wedding. Is that something your sister did? Did your sister get her marriage license through Mexico or before she left the states, where I believe it is 15 days before sailing we have to send our blood test from the doctor to them. After the wedding does the resort let you stay there or do you have to leave right way? Also going back to the ship the transportation we pre paid for that was for round trip correct? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks!
Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Yes my sister did have a reception. Yes it was most definitely worth it. The decorations, food, open bar was fantastic. The food and decorations blew us away, considering we were going in blind. My sister just had a religious ceremony as the process of getting legally married in Mexico is not easy. The resort did let us stay if we wanted to, but since we had a reception and were there for 4 hours everyone was ready to go back to the ship. It was warm and the tent we had up was definitely needed. We were there in Feb. Also our transportation was roundtrip, but I don't know if that means yours is roundtrip. As a side note we got the pictures back and I remember my sister was ok with the pictures. There were a lot taken, but there was some issues with some of them. Overall the were satisfactory but have definitely seen better photography elsewhere. I can't remember if my sister was happy with the video. I know she wasn't disappointed, I just can't remember if she thought it was exceptional. Good luck with the planning, they really did a great job.

• 1 month later...

We are thinking of getting married in Cozumel, possibly at Mr. Sanchos. I'd be interested in knowing more about your sisters wedding- Cost? Location? Who signed the marriage license if they weren't officially married in Mexico?

We went to Mr. Sanchos last week for fun but I can't picture it as a romantic wedding venue although I know it's a common location.

Who was the wedding planner on the island? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are thinking of getting married in Cozumel, possibly at Mr. Sanchos. I'd be interested in knowing more about your sisters wedding- Cost? Location? Who signed the marriage license if they weren't officially married in Mexico?

We went to Mr. Sanchos last week for fun but I can't picture it as a romantic wedding venue although I know it's a common location.

Who was the wedding planner on the island? Thanks!

I honestly don't remember the cost. I do remember both my sister and mom being satisfied that the wedding we got was worth the cost. You can choose a few locations at Mr. Sanchos. She got married in the garden area. It is at the end of the property and overlooks the sand and ocean. It felt very secluded and peaceful. Definitely felt separate from the party area. She did not have a legal wedding, so no marriage license. She was married at home at a separate time. This is what worked for her. The wedding planners were 2 women. We found them on Mr. Sanchos website. I think they were called Cozumel Wedding planner. The communication from home was challenging but they did an amazing job and all of their suggestions were right on. Food was great. My only suggestion is if pictures are a big deal, choose a different photographer. She was ok, just not great. Everything else was amazing. The coordination from the cruise dock was seamless and easy. The day was perfect. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

My son and future daughter-in-law will be married at Mr. Sanchos during a stop on our cruise in January 2018. One of the options Cozumel Wedding Planners offers is their sound system for your own personal music. Can any of the past or future brides share if they did this and if there's a website to download a whole set of wedding ceremony instrumental music? Trying to help make this easier for the couple.

Thanks!