Celebrity Eclipse Drinks Package

binzer2604

I think it's worth it at $10 per person per day. When we didn't upgrade, the wine was not very good in the main dining room. We drink box wine at home, so I'm no wine snob, but I didn't think it measured up to black box.

Also, I like to order Grand Marnier after dinner, and that was not included in the classic bev pckg.

So now we upgrade.

But you could always decide after you get on board and see whether your favorites are included.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

We have classes drinks packages pat our cruise, is it worth upgrading to premium package, i like my beer wine and trying out cocktails

YES.

The red wine my wifester liked last cruise was $13.50 a glass. She would have 2 at lunch and 3 at dinner. On the Classic it would have cost us $79.65 ( inc grat) just for those!:eek: Instead it cost the $11.80 upgrade and .59 cents a glass, $2.95 for the 5.

The Dogfish 90 double IPA I liked was $11.00, guess what, we both upgraded!

9 pages of entries on our sea pass account, with a total beverage cost after the upgrade of $37.00 for a 10 day cruise.

Edited by wallie5446

If you got your beverage package free of charge from celebrity as part of the go big promotion, you might want to give your TA / Celebrity a call and enquire about upgrading to the go best promotion. With this promotion you get the premium beverage package, unlimited internet $ 300 per stateroom OBC and included gratuities. For us the upgrade costed € 420 (for both of us) which is less than the € 177 gratuities and the $ 300 OBC combined - so basically we are getting the internet and the premium beverage package for free. It might be different for your cruise, but it can be worth looking into!

If your a Guinness fan you will have to get the Premium drink package . I like the Premium drink package better but not really worth the money. We have been getting suites lately with all 4 perks. My favorite hard liqueur drink with the Premium drink package is Mango Absolut vodka with orange juice.

If you are not sure there is no reason to do it ahead of time. Wait until you are at a bar and if what you want isn't on the Classic package, upgrade at that time. Any bartender will do it for you.

You can also upgrade at any time during the cruise and they prorate the upgrade.

enjoy

Yes, upgrade...you have so many more options, and it is only $10/day to upgrade. As a previous poster said, you can upgrade on board at any bar--though I've heard only within the first 3 days of the cruise so ask about that. If you upgrade on board, you can use OBC, which, if included as one of your perks, make the upgrade free.

We upgraded on out last cruise. The wines that fit the premium package weren't anything to brag about, and they were not available at most bars. We decided the upgrade was not worth it. On our next cruise we plan to stick with the classic.

The wines on the classic are really poor - we upgrade because of the flexibility such as pellegrino water , tanquerary 10 gin most drinks at Martini bar etc etc

The wines on the premium arent great but you can select a better wine and just pay the difference ( cannot do this with classic)

They seem to be making popular wines not available at sunset / ocean view bars (eg clifford bay & villa maria sauv.blanc) during the day. Have a wird with the Bars Management team if the Bar Staff cannot sort it

Overall we get great value from the $11.80 per day upgrade . Just wish they would stop the reams of paper being stuffed under the door on the last night [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Ladesign

We have classes drinks packages pat our cruise, is it worth upgrading to premium package, i like my beer wine and trying out cocktails

The best beers you can get on Classic are either Leffe blonde or Franziscaner (sp), and that is if they actually have them in stock on the ship. Reflection only had Leffe in October, not sure about Eclipse though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
We have classes drinks packages pat our cruise, is it worth upgrading to premium package, I like my beer wine and trying out cocktails

For us, it was worth upgrading to premium. Better wine (for me), fine Scotch (for hubby) and Ciroc martinis (for me) aside, we loved having water (premium and otherwise), and having the coffee/tea/drinks in Cafe Baccio included.

Liqueur: We also fell in love with Patrón XO Cafe which is in the premium package, and I like St. Germaine elderflower liqueur--a small splash of it in champagne or sparkling white wine is delicious.

Because I suffer from acute gluten sensitivity, having the premium selection helped me there, too. There were more items available that have proven safe for me.

For example, I will sometimes react to vodka, depending on the brand. Having a reaction happens to me despite the claim that all of the gluten goes away in the distillation process. Ciroc is a crisp, clean, top-shelf vodka made from grapes. I'm always safe with Ciroc and have never had an issue.

No, I have no association with Ciroc, and they did not pay me to say that! :)

Back to the water. I love Perrier and San Pellegrino, even though I seldom drink it at home. I enjoyed having as much of it as I wanted onboard. I'm not a soft drink fan, and the bubbles in sparkling water are refreshing with or in between meals. Having regular bottled water as part of the package is good, too, especially grabbing a bottle on my way off the ship and onto an excursion.

Beer: I don't drink beer (gluten), but hubby enjoyed a Guinness on occasion.

Edited by TravelKnitter

• 6 months later...

Overall we get great value from the $11.80 per day upgrade . Just wish they would stop the reams of paper being stuffed under the door on the last night [emoji848]

so much for helping the environment [emoji848]

must have taken them ages to print , deliver and stuff under the door at the end of our 14 night boat trip in January [emoji12][emoji898][emoji898][emoji898][emoji898]

• 1 month later...
Is it obvious when on board what drinks are included on each package?

Bars will have menus with prices. You can compare your limit to the menu. You can get things not on the menu as well, but it will give you a rough idea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums