Wedding times and locations for at sea wedding ceremony.

LillyBoo

Wow finally I found Ya'll :)

I was all set on a cruise wedding but now I'm not so sure.

My main questions are do all the cruise lines have the weddings between 10 am and till around 2pm?

Here I was romanticizing about a late afternoon wedding making pictures and a nice dinner in the evening, well I guess that wont happen.

Also, I do not care much for getting married inside a room, do any cruise lines perform the ceremony outside?

Also, what do ya'll think is a bigger ship better?

Thanks in advance I hope somebody can help :)

• 2 weeks later...
Wow finally I found Ya'll :)

I was all set on a cruise wedding but now I'm not so sure.

My main questions are do all the cruise lines have the weddings between 10 am and till around 2pm?

Here I was romanticizing about a late afternoon wedding making pictures and a nice dinner in the evening, well I guess that wont happen.

Also, I do not care much for getting married inside a room, do any cruise lines perform the ceremony outside?

Also, what do ya'll think is a bigger ship better?

Thanks in advance I hope somebody can help :)

I got married 3 years ago on the Celebrity Reflection, for an at sea wedding they will not do an outdoor venue, we were in the sky lounge which is at the front of the ship, top deck. It is the room that I walked into on a cruise about 8 years ago and said "I'm getting married here" to my Mom. We did not do a traditional reception either. The wedding was at 1 or 2, we had the ceremony, went and did photos for an hour or 2, or guests did whatever (swam, drank, ate), and then we had dinner in the Tuscan Grille at 6pm (we had 50-60 guests), after that we hopped around (wedding dress on), had drinks, socialized, it was exactly what we wanted.

We got everything we wanted, and part of this was facilitated because my mom and I booked a trip in December before our wedding to meet with the coordinator onboard (she basically receives an email with your package from the contracted wedding company), we hit it off with her, I told her about what I hoped for (the sky lounge), and she made it happen even when I was told by the wedding company it likely wasn't possible).

As for bigger being better, I think it depends on your numbers, and what your hope is. We wanted our guests to enjoy their vacation, but also be able to spend time together without being on top of each other. The ages ranged from 3-90 and we had a blast on Celebrity's S class ships.

Hope this helps a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

From what I have learned one can get married from around eleven in the morning till probably five ,six later the day, depends on ship and cruiseline. I got married at four in the afternoon on Oasis of the Seas ( RRC). Venues on that ship are Dazzles, or the nightclub's, the moving tide bar, one can also use Central Park or Boardwalk, not sure if there is a surcharge for those ( the coordinators in Miami are not very forthright about locations but I think that it is because they have not been on the ship so they just have a piece of paper with locations per ship) I'm sure any ship will work with you location wise, remember its windy no matter what so the helipad is not a good idea LOL And btw, my wedding happened exactly as I envisioned it, I'm super happy about that, it was lovely.