luggage allowance (how strict)

Sailing on the Dream in 3 days time :D however I'm struggling to get my packing down to 23Kg which is stressing me out!!:( This is a 2 weeks trip or just over. While I know there's a laundry service I like to wear different clothes not just cleaner ones. Anyone know how strict Thomson are on luggage allowance at check in. Cheers

Unfortunately its a health and safety issue must not exceed the 23Kg:( I have never noticed anyone over so cant help with that, but don't forget you get 7Kg in hand luggage:D, I normally pack my summer outfit inc sandals so I can change as soon as I am on the ship. It doesn't seem such a problem coming back as your cases go straight to the airport but that was in Barbados.

Have a great time and look after her as we are on in three weeks:cool:

Unfortunately its a health and safety issue must not exceed the 23Kg:( I have never noticed anyone over so cant help with that, but don't forget you get 7Kg in hand luggage:D, I normally pack my summer outfit inc sandals so I can change as soon as I am on the ship. It doesn't seem such a problem coming back as your cases go straight to the airport but that was in Barbados.

Have a great time and look after her as we are on in three weeks:cool:

The crazy thing is we have 25KG hold luggage coming back and 5KG hand luggage that's printed on our holiday details.

A warning for any Thomson passengers flying out of Malaga this Summer from Discovery 2 sailings - luggage is always weighed (including hand luggage) and weight limits very strictly adhered to.

A warning for any Thomson passengers flying out of Malaga this Summer from Discovery 2 sailings - luggage is always weighed and weight limits very strictly adhered to.

how do they go on then with the airlines that have 30kg bag limits ????? ,how do they handle overweight bags that people have paid excess baggage charges on ????

Even if you weigh your case and it is exactly 23Kg your scales might well differ from the ones at the airport, both here and abroad. You should really aim for about a Kg less than the allowance to give yourself a safety margin. Thomson set the allowance but you never know if the check in clerk at the airport is feeling stroppy that day!.

Men find it easier. I can pack for a 14 nighter including a dinner suit and the total comes to about 16Kg.

You could try the old technique of laying everything out on the bed and then putting half of it away again because you won't need it, honest.

Otherwise pay for excess baggage.

how do they go on then with the airlines that have 30kg bag limits ????? ,how do they handle overweight bags that people have paid excess baggage charges on ????

Can only speak as we have found and everyone we have seen with a bag weighing over 23kg have been asked to put the excess in another bag (would assume at no charge if you had paid for an increased allowance).

im talking 30kg allowance PER CASE (long haul, australia,canada etc, non thomson)

No long haul flights (apart from one Delta flight a week to the US) from Malaga which is the airport I was referring to.

We always buy an extra 5kgs and I have 23kgs (the max in any one case) and hubby has 22kgs - you can split the extra 5kg As has been said if you read your booking confirmation it will tell you what everyone is saying that 23kg is max hold load (unless you have 2 suitcases each) and if cruising 7kg in hand luggage per traveller They will allow a lady a handbag as well

The 23kg is a health and safety rule for EU countries

I'm on this cruise and as you have 6 days at sea you won't need off ship clothes Most people take one weeks evening wear and wear them twice and the same with day wear off the ship With 6 days at sea you will only need swimwear and cover ups during the day Don't worry you'll have a great time this is our third time on a Dream TA

Does a Thomson cruise holiday have 5kg or 7kg of hand luggage? Busy packing as leaving for Gatwick tomorrow and really not sure. I've left it a bit late I know!

Well that's a good question because my ticket says Gatwick to Montego Bay 23kg hold and 7kg hand. However rtn flight from Malaga to Gatwick says 25 hold & 5kg hand!! Any issues I'll show them the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Well that's a good question because my ticket says Gatwick to Montego Bay 23kg hold and 7kg hand. However rtn flight from Malaga to Gatwick says 25 hold & 5kg hand!! Any issues I'll show them the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Presuming it's a Thomsons flight each way, the allowance should be 7kg hand luggage - however, if the return flight is a different carrier there may be a difference.

Don't assume that Thomsons staff, reps and local agents know the correct weight allowances - many regulars hereabouts can testify otherwise !!!

Exactly. On our recent cruise the Thomson staff at the airport couldn't confirm either way

I've had that from shop staff - they started asking one another, couldn't agree, then resorted to hunting through a brochure for the specifics.

Doesn't actually fill the potential customer with confidence !!!

Can only speak as we have found and everyone we have seen with a bag weighing over 23kg have been asked to put the excess in another bag (would assume at no charge if you had paid for an increased allowance).

We have paid for extra up to 25kg but after buying extra weight thomson told us we are going with alba star on way out from glasgow but thomson on the way back . So we dont know what to do take the extra weight to glasgow airport and get hassle from albastar reps or take less and give up on the extra weight we paid for also we dont know what the hand baggage weight is allowed through alba star because they wont answer my messages help!!!!!!!!

Persevere with telephone and email that's all you can do unless you booked through a travel agent. Luckily we were ok with the hand luggage as we kept it under 5kg with Thomson but apparently we could have taken 7kg. At Gatwick the Thomson staff couldn't confirm when we asked but told us to "aim at somewhere in the middle and we should be OK". Yeh right!!