I will Stop Cruising if....

Jamericannn

With all the changes over the past couple years with Carnival such as assigned check in time, not being able to eat in MDR if you are over 30 minutes late, pools became available to everyone etc., what is ONE change that would make you stop cruising?

Please note: I mentioned the changes above but that doesn't mean I think they are all "bad" changes.

It becomes an unaffordable vacation.

I will stop cruising Carnival if they keep focusing on being "family friendly" and keep ignoring loyal adult customers who don't want to be around children. There was no reason they should of allowed kids in the aft pools. They need to correct this or they will lose mine and many others business.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

With all the changes over the past couple years with Carnival such as assigned check in time, not being able to eat in MDR if you are over 30 minutes late, pools became available to everyone etc., what is ONE change that would make you stop cruising?

Please note: I mentioned the changes above but that doesn't mean I think they are all "bad" changes.

I don't ever see not cruising. I would like to see some of those rules above enforced and the lack of enforcement might encourage me to look at other cruise lines.

I stuck with Carnival when the banned smoking on the balcony. I have since quit smoking (not because of the change in policy)

I stuck with Carnival when they changed the loyalty program and I couldn't quite make platinum before the deadline.

I stuck with Carnival when they changed to the American Table. I am still not a fan but it has improved since it was first introduced.

I stuck with Carnival through changes liquor policy. I got up early several time to pick it up and repacked in the airport. Thankfully they went back to the old way on longer cruises.

I have tried to roll with the punches but I think it might be time to look around.

I had a bad experience with carnival a few years ago and tried another cruise line. The whole time I wished I was on a carnival ship! The "fun" and "laid back" atmosphere is what I love the most. A cruise is by far the most cost effective vacation. I would only stop cruising if it stopped being "fun" and the prices went up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't ever see not cruising. I would like to see some of those rules above enforced and the lack of enforcement might encourage me to look at other cruise lines.

I stuck with Carnival when the banned smoking on the balcony. I have since quit smoking (not because of the change in policy)

I stuck with Carnival when they changed the loyalty program and I couldn't quite make platinum before the deadline.

I stuck with Carnival when they changed to the American Table. I am still not a fan but it has improved since it was first introduced.

I stuck with Carnival through changes liquor policy. I got up early several time to pick it up and repacked in the airport. Thankfully they went back to the old way on longer cruises.

I have tried to roll with the punches but I think it might be time to look around.

Interesting point you made there. Many of the new rules are really not enforced.

I will quit cruising when the good Lord decides it is time for me to quit.....FWIW if Carnival ever made a change that really impacted my enjoyment of cruising on their ships, that would not stop me from cruising. It may keep Carnival off of some of my short lists when it come to choosing a ship for our cruise vacation, but it definitely won't stop me from cruising;).

I would stop cruising if i was physically able to drive or fly.

Hope this doesn't come across as sounding self centered (well not too much :o). We have enjoyed other vacations like Nascar races, following the Cubs, amusement parks, etc. So, when we started cruising in 2000, the one thing that I really enjoyed was that when we were on a cruise -we could be as busy or laid back as we wanted and that we were being "pampered". It just seemed like the staff was happier, the room stewards were always greeting us in the hallway, you had to tell multiple drink staff "no thank-you" instead of searching them out, the fussy re-arranging of silverware between courses, having free champagne one evening in the MDR, free cappuccino in the MDR every night, seemed like a lot more parties with free drinks. I think that to keep the prices more affordable, there have been too many cuts. I feel like I have to apologize whenever I make a request from my room steward or dining staff. I liked it better when there was more staff so you didn't feel guilty making simple requests.

I would try another cruise line first but - I would stop cruising altogether if I continue to feel like instead of being "pampered" on my vacation - I am made to feel like I am a burden to the cruise staff.

If I'm dead

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... if the continual staff-to-passenger cutbacks mean overworked staff and the inability to get my room cleaned twice a day without feeling like a burden. I'm already teetering on the edge of wondering if I'm supporting an unethical industry, with so much talk of crew practically dead on their feet.

...if it becomes more affordable to take a decent, mostly-inclusive land-based vacation for the same amount of time.

-- Or if cruising becomes not-fun, but I don't see that happening; I really enjoy that sense of escape.

Carnival already made the one change that made us stop cruising with them. That was the introduction of the Playlist Productions "entertainment". We enjoy the live performances on ships and cannot stand the sub-par shows that have become the norm. The days of the live band/orchestra, singers and dancers with talent are gone on CCL.

We sailed twice after these changes and sat through a number of "performances" until we finally said "no more".

We generally like the rest that Carnival has to offer but feel our cruise vacation dollars are better spent elsewhere now.

~Brian

None of the changes CCL has put into place would ever make us stop cruising - perhaps stop cruising with Carnival, but not stop cruising period. I am definitely not happy with the aft pools becoming "child-friendly." I was an elementary school physical education teacher (grades k-6) for 37 years before retiring due to a pacemaker implant. I love children - have 2 of my own! However, finding an area on a ship that is quiet, relaxing, with a pool and shower (don't go in hot tubs) is pretty important to me. On NCL we get Vibe passes when available- no pool, but nice area to hang in. Carnival has now limited me to only a few ships. Hopefully they may re-think their decision.