Pier to airport transportation

cruise.mode

Will be disembarking from Explorer later this summer. Debating whether we should book airport transfer through RCCL or try grabbing a cab instead. How tough is it to hail a cab when you've got so many people coming off the ship at once? Also, about how long is the ride to the airport? Thanks in advance!

Port makes a difference. That said, Civitavecchia (Rome) port is the only port that hasn't had Taxi's available BUT Miami last winter was a really long line/wait. My bottom line? Have not found cruise option yet that was less than triple what we would pay on our own even with booking private car/van transfer ahead rather than grabbing a taxi at port. So, save some money & either do taxi or book your own ahead- check on your roll call if need/want to share......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Will then tour the city and use public transportation back to the airport.

Without the luggage touristing around Seattle becomes totally doable and Link light rail a viable option to the airport. I would be interested sometime to find out the calculation the Port of Seattle did to justify the costs for the luggage transport versus the economic boost the the economy from the extra spending post cruise.

One caution for Link to the airport - if flight is in evening but not too late then taking Link between 4pm and 6pm could be very crowded on weekdays. Also at the airport the walk from the station to the terminal through the parking garage is fairly long.

Will be disembarking from Explorer later this summer. Debating whether we should book airport transfer through RCCL or try grabbing a cab instead. How tough is it to hail a cab when you've got so many people coming off the ship at once? Also, about how long is the ride to the airport? Thanks in advance!

It appears that you are going to be cruising out of Seattle so I'll provide info for Pier 91 which is where you will be sailing out of and returning to. How difficult it is to catch a cab depends pretty much on the time to get off the ship and how many ships are at the pier on that day. Since there will be 2 ships at Pier 91 on Fridays, the day you sail/return, from May through the first part of Sept, it will be crowded. Taxis from Pier 91 to SeaTac are flat-rate $40, so don't let them charge any more. The taxi line will be directly in front of you when you exit the terminal building so that's where you should head.

Tom

It appears that you are going to be cruising out of Seattle so I'll provide info for Pier 91 which is where you will be sailing out of and returning to. How difficult it is to catch a cab depends pretty much on the time to get off the ship and how many ships are at the pier on that day. Since there will be 2 ships at Pier 91 on Fridays, the day you sail/return, from May through the first part of Sept, it will be crowded. Taxis from Pier 91 to SeaTac are flat-rate $40, so don't let them charge any more. The taxi line will be directly in front of you when you exit the terminal building so that's where you should head.

Tom

I know that downtown to SEATAC is $40 flat rate for a taxi, but didn't think that applied from Pier 91 also. Are you sure of that rate?

I know that downtown to SEATAC is $40 flat rate for a taxi, but didn't think that applied from Pier 91 also. Are you sure of that rate?

Yes, I am sure of that rate. Two weeks ago I walked over to the gentleman who manages all the taxis at Pier 91 if that rate was still in effect and he stated that it was. If I were to take a taxi from Pier 91 to SeaTac, I would ask the taxi driver what the rate was and if he said anything other than $40, I would immediately ask for the the taxi supervisor. He is a stocky built gentleman with silver hair and will have an orange safety vest on.

Tom

• 2 months later...
Yes, I am sure of that rate. Two weeks ago I walked over to the gentleman who manages all the taxis at Pier 91 if that rate was still in effect and he stated that it was. If I were to take a taxi from Pier 91 to SeaTac, I would ask the taxi driver what the rate was and if he said anything other than $40, I would immediately ask for the the taxi supervisor. He is a stocky built gentleman with silver hair and will have an orange safety vest on.

Tom

Do you have any idea how much RCCL charges for their transfers to the airport?

Do you have any idea how much RCCL charges for their transfers to the airport?

No, I don't. Sorry. You could probably go on their website and pretend to schedule a cruise and as part of that reserve an airport transfer. That would tell you how much the cost would be. Then you just exit out of the cruise and don't schedule it.

Tom

My travel agent quoted $36 per person (I think that's Canadian) from Pier 91 to SeaTac. Also they don't do transfers for flights before 11:45am.

Ouch! So a taxi @ a $40 flat rate would be the better way to go then!

Can you tell me if Uber and Lyft are reliable resources from the airport to downtown and how about from port to airport? Is the wait very long for a ride in either direction? Since we've never used either we're a little hesitant. Where is pick up located at the airport for these? I worry about using a taxi to port from our hotel downtown because they're metered and if traffic is bad we'll be watching the meter go up.

I've also read that you can go to the phone banks and get a town car. Are they flat rate or ?

Our cruise is in 2 weeks, leaves and returns on a Friday. The Friday it returns is Labor Day weekend.:o

Thank you