Royal Caribbean wedding disaster

I had my wedding on Oasis of the Seas last July. I bought the largest photo package. In March, when I went to enlarge my photos at Walgreens, it would't let me enlarge anything above 4x6 without saying it was low resolution. I contacted the Royal Caribbean Photo Support and sent over my photo disk. Royal Caribbean informed me I was sent the back ups and what I received was not up to "spec". They could not get in touch with the photographer since he had quit last year. So now they could only refund me my photo package price. I asked Royal Caribbean for a free cruise for my bridal party and myself to redo my photos. They responded with only a free photo section on my next cruise if I wish to sail again. Why should my bridal party and myself have to pay again for Royal Caribbean's mistake? Does anyone have an email to a higher up person who I can email or call? Or any ideas on what to do since I am shocked by their response.

I would post your experience on social media. Companies are sensitive to negative posts where compromise can assuage the feelings of another.

Just a suggestion. The message of your post is RCI'S refusal to grant your "demand" for a free cruise for your bridal party. It may send a wrong message. Instead, the issue is your package and payment was your agreement with RCI, not their photographer. The failure of the photographer to give you your expected product (portraits) is RCI'S responsibility since there was no contractual obligation between you and the photographer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Thank you very much!

I would post your experience on social media. Companies are sensitive to negative posts where compromise can assuage the feelings of another.

Just a suggestion. The message of your post is RCI'S refusal to grant your "demand" for a free cruise for your bridal party. It may send a wrong message. Instead, the issue is your package and payment was your agreement with RCI, not their photographer. The failure of the photographer to give you your expected product (portraits) is RCI'S responsibility since there was no contractual obligation between you and the photographer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.

As you can see in my signature l'm not a RCI cruiser so I have no reason to defend them but I really think that it's too much to expect them to give you new cruises for free to take new pictures.

I have seen your other thread where you explain about all the problem you had with your wedding and I do think that RCI should have refunded all the money you paid extra for the wedding. If all you say is correct, and I have no reason to believe it's not, RCI didn't gave you what you paid for so you shouldn't pay for it.

Did they refunded anything?

The only thing they are giving me is a free photo session when I sail with them. There is no way I am ever sailing with them again.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.

As you can see in my signature l'm not a RCI cruiser so I have no reason to defend them but I really think that it's too much to expect them to give you new cruises for free to take new pictures.

I have seen your other thread where you explain about all the problem you had with your wedding and I do think that RCI should have refunded all the money you paid extra for the wedding. If all you say is correct, and I have no reason to believe it's not, RCI didn't gave you what you paid for so you shouldn't pay for it.

Did they refunded anything?

The only thing they are giving me is a free photo session when I sail with them. There is no way I am ever sailing with them again.

That's absolutely unacceptable, I think.

They didn't gave you what you paid for so you shouldn't have to pay for it.

You can probably not do anything about it now since it was a year ago but you should have refused to pay all costs for the wedding.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if I should do like a small claims. Or ask them before the ship leaves if we could do our photo session. But then its like where would we get dressed and stuff.

Your loss is for the photos, correct? You still got the cruise.

Read your cruise contract; you agreed to go to arbitration in Miami if you had a dispute with the cruiseline. That said, you can still try filing a Small Claim action against them where you live; sometimes Small Claim's judges will allow something that isn't technically "legal." This is a contract dispute, and the statute of limitations has not yet expired.

However, you can sue only for the cost of what you failed to receive, which appears to be your photos.

Then, even if you win, you have to collect, which is the hard part. The cruise line could appeal the judgment if they lose, which they could do, as you agreed to arbitration.

You are not owed a bunch of free cruises. Good luck.