Costa Transfer Savona Nice Ville

Dancer Bob

Hi Bob, only ever done this once, too far for me on a coach, but wife seems to think it was only two hours depending on traffic & travel days. So you would be about right, do you remember when all Costa's transfers were printed in back of a Brochure with prices.

The information is still in the latest catalog (at least German version). It states the shuttle goes to the Nice Airport - nothing about the station.

Nice Airport 12:45 - Savona 15:15

Savona 10:30 - Nice Airport 13:00

Price is €19.00 per person per one way.

G.M.T.

I'll remember to pick up a brochure in French/German/Italian when we are on the Magica in September as we no longer have a English version. It is always useful to know transfer times and costs, we normally have to get a taxi as the transfer times don't always get us to the Airport in time, & maybe using another airport would work.

G.M.T.

I'll remember to pick up a brochure in French/German/Italian when we are on the Magica in September as we no longer have a English version. It is always useful to know transfer times and costs, we normally have to get a taxi as the transfer times don't always get us to the Airport in time, & maybe using another airport would work.

We tend to fly into Genoa the day before the cruise, book a hotel with free airport shuttle and then take the Costa shuttle from Genoa to Savona on the day of the cruise. Costa will only allow you to use the shuttle on the day of the cruise.

If we are travelling with family / friends then we book a taxi van to take us to Savona and stay at the NH Savona Darsna, next to the cruise terminal.

Savona is our favourite embarking port so easy for us 1 hour from local airport roughly 100 minute flight all on the level at airport.

We do a hotel stay if flights are not suitable, nice to hear about your Savona hotel as we stay in Genoa Bristol Palace, which Costa book for us along with hotel pick up next day, but would prefer to stay in Savona but never heard of a decent hotel there.

Tried Marseille as a starting/finishing port but nightmare trying to get back home. even with Eurostar stopping there now, so much so getting of in Savona one day early next trip.

Thanks. From Savona by Trenitalia, to SNCF, you have to connect in Ventimiglia, so a transfer to Nice gare saves some hassle. The train I want leaves Nice ville at 13.58, St Augustin (airport) is a bit of a hassle but I think the connection will work with some planning if I have to. Shuttle was part of the package I booked. There's non-stop flights MXP-YYZ, the Costa transer is convenient if I'm going straight home, but inbound, arriving early to allow for jet lag and flight delays, there's a ot of options to consider.

I've heard good things about NH Darsena, a bit expensive for me; I stay at the San Marco, cheaper but not a good choice if you need everything one level.

• 1 month later...

The Mare hotel in Savona is right on the beach and a relaxing stay for 1 night before the cruise leaves. ( cheap and free shuttle to ship) . Fly into Genoa and take a taxi or a pre paid transfer like ZIP from Genoa to Savona. You can spend you jet lag on the beach!!!!!!