MSC Meraviglia onboard 5th August

Rossco01

So our time has arrived - almost - and much like Beamafar and Kikki I'll try and keep a thread going with updates on our trip.

We're a family of four (daughter 14 and son 9) and this will be our first cruise so we've got nothing to baseline it against and are going with an open mind and - based on recent views positive and negative - our expectations firmly in check.

We have a Duplex Aurea cabin so our "experience" should be similar to Kikki's. We've added a few extras to our package including Cirque du Soleil Cocktail show, A pamper package for my daughter in the Spa, Laundry package and the 100 photo package.

As my wife has a slight mobility problem we wont be packing lots of time into the port excursions although we'll undoubtedly get off the ship for 2-3 hours at most ports and DIY those visits. We also of course want to enjoy the facilities on the ship which do look excellent for the children in particular.

We are travelling down to Marseille on the Eurostar from St Pancras on Friday which we are also really looking forward to. We overnight in Marseille and then board the ship on Saturday. Our official check in time is 2:15pm but we're planning to get down for just before midday in the hope that we can board earlier.

Feel free to fire a few unanswered questions but I wont guarantee I'll be able to get answers for them all!

So our time has arrived - almost - and much like Beamafar and Kikki I'll try and keep a thread going with updates on our trip.

We're a family of four (daughter 14 and son 9) and this will be our first cruise so we've got nothing to baseline it against and are going with an open mind and - based on recent views positive and negative - our expectations firmly in check.

We have a Duplex Aurea cabin so our "experience" should be similar to Kikki's. We've added a few extras to our package including Cirque du Soleil Cocktail show, A pamper package for my daughter in the Spa, Laundry package and the 100 photo package.

As my wife has a slight mobility problem we wont be packing lots of time into the port excursions although we'll undoubtedly get off the ship for 2-3 hours at most ports and DIY those visits. We also of course want to enjoy the facilities on the ship which do look excellent for the children in particular.

We are travelling down to Marseille on the Eurostar from St Pancras on Friday which we are also really looking forward to. We overnight in Marseille and then board the ship on Saturday. Our official check in time is 2:15pm but we're planning to get down for just before midday in the hope that we can board earlier.

Feel free to fire a few unanswered questions but I wont guarantee I'll be able to get answers for them all!

So, glad to know! Because we are also on Meraviglia but from Genoa from Sunday. YC inside. If you agree, we can also contribute in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, glad to know! Because we are also on Meraviglia but from Genoa from Sunday. YC inside. If you agree, we can also contribute in this thread.

Feel free to use this thread. It will be good to see how our experiences differ. I've only heard good about the YC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi have asked before but would like an update. Could you find out if flexI dining has be re introduced for fantasia cabins please. Enjoy[emoji41]

I'll try and find out for you!

I'm looking forward to following your trip.

I am especially interested in following your train experience to Marseilles. We will be flying to Paris in November and will be taking the train to Marseilles to board the Miraviglia.

Also interested in your DIY at each port. We don't want to spend the entire day in port on excursions.

And like DLT we will be in YC inside and look for to reading about that experience.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

I'm looking forward to following your trip.

I am especially interested in following your train experience to Marseilles. We will be flying to Paris in November and will be taking the train to Marseilles to board the Miraviglia.

Also interested in your DIY at each port. We don't want to spend the entire day in port on excursions.

And like DLT we will be in YC inside and look for to reading about that experience.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

The train was a bit of a no brainier for us, it's more comfortable for my wife and tickets for us all cost £400. We'd have got to Marseille the day before anyway.

Hi Ross,

I hope you all have a great time on the Meraviglia. We will be onboard in

3 weeks and we also have a nine year old boy. I am interested to know how he gets on in the kids club if he decides to go. My son is worried there won't be English speaking kids to hang out with. He used to be fine playing with anyone but now he's suddenly become more self conscious around kids he can't understand. C,est la vie!,

Also is it really that difficult to find somewhere to sit on the pool deck. I was thinking of bringing a fold up chair and mini table but that may be over kill?

Looking forward to your review. We are pretty close to Marseille this week and the weather is lovely. Not as crazy hot as June.

L

Could someone find out the cost of laundry?

We will be away from home for 2 weeks and would like to plan on getting some laundry done on the cruise to cut down on the amount of clothes we have to bring. NCL offers a special of all you can fit in a laundry bag for about $25 . It's free for Platinum members. I wish MSC would offer that to their Black club members but I don't think they do.

Could someone find out the cost of laundry?

We will be away from home for 2 weeks and would like to plan on getting some laundry done on the cruise to cut down on the amount of clothes we have to bring. NCL offers a special of all you can fit in a laundry bag for about $25 . It's free for Platinum members. I wish MSC would offer that to their Black club members but I don't think they do.

We've prepaid for a 25 item laundry package in advance which is £20. They also do a 40 item laundry package. Details are in the pic 81663bc40faf39aa52c71557023c20d2.jpg

Edited by Rossco01

I'm looking forward to your review, we board on 27th August from Genoa. I'm a little worried about food in the MDR. If you get chance I'd like to know if non aurea guests can pay to use the deck 19 sundeck. Have a great cruise.

Have a nice sailing!

Wonderful to know you would like to offer your DD a "pamper" package at the SPA... I wouldn't like to lessen your expectancies, but beware that, as I'm aware of, some SPA treatments will only be available for teens 16 and older even with parents present at the threatment room. Maybe, if the package you purchased is considered inappropriate for a 14yo, they will definately try to replace it by an appropriate one at the same price and / or they will parthly or totally refund you for the unused services.

Permit me just a question: Is it possible for you to see if they are offering any sort of vouchers for consumtion of a certain number of non alcoholic drinks at a set price. They used to have them as a kid friendly package named the "DO-RE-MI" package, but ultimately I'm not seeing reference to that in the most recent reviews.

Many thanks in advance! Have a nice day!... :)

Edited by Nunagoras
Forgot to say something.

Thanks nunagoras it's a package specifically for her age so should be fine.

Kikki, thank you! We have the aquarium booked in Genoa and will probably go in the afternoon, Naples we'll DIY Pompeii on the train, Messina we may just stay on boat, Malta will walk into Valletta and use Barrakka lift into town, Barcelona we have Sagrada Familia tickets booked and will probably then catch a taxi to top of the Las Ramblas to walk down.

Hi have asked before but would like an update. Could you find out if flexI dining has be re introduced for fantasia cabins please. Enjoy😎

HI just had an answer from MSC, Flexi dining not available anymore. Sorry to be a pain could you find out what time the set dining times are please, they could not confirm :evilsmile::evilsmile:

We'll be YC inside in October from Genoa so I'm looking forward to your updates!

Have a great cruise - our 2 children are 14 and 9 too and really enjoyed the ship. They particularly enjoyed the flight simulator - I'm sure you could hear my daughter screaming from the deck below lol!

Our family of four (boys 13 and 14) will also be in a duplex boarding in Marseille but we are not on board until next year! Would love to know how large the sofa bed is and whether it is a 'bunk' type like I have seen pictured in some balcony cabins? Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

Our family of four (boys 13 and 14) will also be in a duplex boarding in Marseille but we are not on board until next year! Would love to know how large the sofa bed is and whether it is a 'bunk' type like I have seen pictured in some balcony cabins? Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

Don't worry I'll take some pictures of what we get. I've seen the pictures and bunks would be better for us, however I've also seen descriptions of the room that say sofa bed so we'll see. We assumed it would be a sofa bed when we booked so it wont matter for us either way.

Our journey begins today! Just finished loading the car and will be setting off to London in the next hour for an overnight before catching the Eurostar to Marseille tomorrow morning at 7:30. Everyone is excited!