Mastercard fun points

abby1257

Well I did do something similar. Made final payment and if over $1500 you can go back into you account a few days after and use what points you had before plus the 2x point you earned for the final payment and apply it to the final payment charge getting 1.5x. So jut say you now have 35,000 points it would credit your account $525.

With the Carnival Mastercard, you cash in the fun points towards a credit on the Mastercard's balance. It's not applied to the actual cruise balance. It's also my understanding that you can use the fun points to buy Carnival gift cards...and those can be used towards the actual cruise balance.

With the Carnival Mastercard, you cash in the fun points towards a credit on the Mastercard's balance. It's not applied to the actual cruise balance. It's also my understanding that you can use the fun points to buy Carnival gift cards...and those can be used towards the actual cruise balance.

It credits to what in my case was what was my final cruise payment and it was over $1500 so got 1.5x. Yes that was no longer my cruise balance as of a few days prior.

I make my final payment, which gets me double points. Then, I use the points to go back toward that. When you go online to use the rewards, it lists carnival expenditures and how long you have to apply points to them.

I only got this card because of a promo statement credit. I may go back to my capital one card that will let me credit back to any travel, not just one specific vendor.

someone said i have to go directly to "Barclays" web site. it asks for last 4 digits of my social security number...is this safe? Sorry for all the silly questions. just want to make sure i do this right!
You are not in the right pace.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/

If you have enrolled your card on the website already, there is NO NEED for the last 4 of SSN.

The best way to use your rewards is pay with your Carnival mastercard all of your expenses (cruise costs and onboard expenses). You will get double points for Carnival purchases. Then when you get home, logon to the Barclaycard website and apply whatever points you have to your carnival purchases. It gives you a statement credit. It gets you a better value that way then getting gift cards with the points.

The 1.5 points per $.01 only applies to redemptions over $1500 otherwise it is 1 point for $0.01The good news is the points

No longer expire so you let them

Build up (used to expire in 5 years)

Any charge you make on your carnival Mastercard that is Cruise related can be reimbursed up to six months after the charge. So today you pay $1000 towards final

Payment and at any time in the next 180 days you can go into your barclay account and get a statement credit at 1 point per each $.01 charged under $1500 and $0.15 per point over $1500 up to your available point balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

so...I still final balance of $800.00...I have 32,000 points...so how much would be applied to my credit card balance with these points. sorry...i just find this confusing, thanks for any replies

$320. But if you plan to charge anything else to the card you can wait to accrue more points. With 32k in points every point is $.01 (a penny) you have 180 days from the charge to redeem your points.

Edited to add you actually have to charge the $800 (or at least $320 if you want to drain all your points). Wait for the charge to post and than request a statement credit.

Just not a fan of this card. I signed up last year when there was a $175 bonus ($100 + $75 gift card) which when combined with my purchases over several months amounted to a nice Carnival purchase "eraser" - but then I saw you could only redeem in 5,000 point increments, only towards Carnival purchases, and the meager points build up, all made for a wimpy card.

I finally just built up to 5,000 points again (I've been using a more lucrative points card) and put the $50 towards my FTTF purchase -

Now I'll just put this card to bed.

Also, don't forget about the RewardsBoost. Build up more points faster with multipliers for various vendors when purchasing online.

When you log into your account online, click the tab Rewards and Benefits>Earn Fun Points faster with RewardsBoost

That's what we did. We just recently got $200 of gift cards and used them for excursions.

We took our 100,000 points and redeemed it for $1500 against our cruise balance. That was the goal.

Then the Carnival card was put away for safekeeping.

We now use a different card with better cash-back payoff for all of our credit purchases.