Is it possible to walk from Fairmont Pacific Rim to Celebrity Terminal?

jpcello

Is it doable to walk from the hotel (Pacific Rim) to the Celebrity cruise terminal? It will be me and my sister. She uses a mobility scooter so I'll be pulling two full-size suitcases. Is this something that is possible or should I make accommodations with the hotel? We're leaving next Friday (flying in Thursday)!

Can you walk along a regular sidewalk pulling both cases? If so, there's no reason that you can't manage the walk - the distance is perhaps 300 yards. Belldesk of the Pac Rim don't move bags to the cruise as far as I know, unlike the Waterfront which is right across the road. OTOH they're the fanciest of all the local Fairmonts so a few bucks of 'preemptive tip' and perhaps a bellman would walk along with you to handle the cases...?

Thoughts....

• The Fairmont Pacific Rim is a 3 block walk (0.2 miles). There is a minor hill, but the 5 minute luggage drag is doable into the security area.
  • I remember seeing a luggage cruise transfer service in the past.... don't see it on the website now. I recommend inquiring when you check-in.

Is it doable to walk from the hotel (Pacific Rim) to the Celebrity cruise terminal? It will be me and my sister. She uses a mobility scooter so I'll be pulling two full-size suitcases. Is this something that is possible or should I make accommodations with the hotel? We're leaving next Friday (flying in Thursday)!

Call your Fairmont (or email the concierge) and ask to confirm whether they offer complimentary luggage transfer service or any transportation to the cruise port. I'm sure they must help cruise passengers daily with this request, including guests with mobility issues. We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront right across from the cruise port and they transferred the bags directly to the ship at no cost (you tip the bellman of course but the hotel doesn't charge a fee). I worry that the walk from the Fairmont Pacific Rim might not be pleasant for you if you have to pull both big suitcases plus any carry on luggage for the two of you all by yourself, especially if the weather is rainy that day. Would you be able to easily hop in a taxi with the type of mobility scooter your sister has?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the responses. We are actually VIP at Pacific Rim (through our TA) so hopefully they will help us out. We can easily take a cab but hoped it was close enough to walk it. My sister can pull a carry on bags from her scooter (she's done it before) so I think we'll be able to do it.

• 1 month later...

I realize this response is late for the summer cruise season but for future reference there is no need to drag luggage.....The Pacific Rim has a courtesy car (first come, first served) that took us with our luggage to the cruise port luggage drop off area. I had a bad hip at the time so couldn't easily do the walk. I did give the very nice driver a tip. Loved the Pacific Rim!

Edited by oakridger
Added info