The end of the NeoClassica

alicat58

Correct.

The neoClassica is due to be handed over to her new owners on 10th. March 2018 after finishing her last cruise Male to Mubai. As she is being handed over in India, could she be going to the breakers yard?

The Victoria is due back in Savona on 17th. March and will go into drydock in Marseilles.

The Victoria will take over the neoRiviera’s cruisesand the neoRiviera will atake over neoClassica’s schedule. Victoria will be offering an interesting cruise with some new ports - Savona, Olbia, Minorca, Ibiza (overnight), Palma de Mallorca and Tarragona (overnight).

Now if only we could get the Atlantica back.:*

Correct.

The neoClassica is due to be handed over to her new owners on 10th. March 2018 after finishing her last cruise Male to Mubai. As she is being handed over in India, could she be going to the breakers yard?

The Victoria is due back in Savona on 17th. March and will go into drydock in Marseilles.

The Victoria will take over the neoRiviera’s cruisesand the neoRiviera will atake over neoClassica’s schedule. Victoria will be offering an interesting cruise with some new ports - Savona, Olbia, Minorca, Ibiza (overnight), Palma de Mallorca and Tarragona (overnight).

Now if only we could get the Atlantica back.:*

In addition to this, neoRIviera will also do a new itinerary in October and the beginning of November 2018 from Venice to Bari, Corfù, Igoumenitsa, Kotor, Split and Zadar staying very long time in the majority of the ports.

After the summer season Victoria will go to the Mauritius replacing neoRiviera and neoRiviera will go from December 2018 to India and Maldives during the winter season

Thanks for posting this. I am booked on 17th March Mumbai to Venice. I just phoned Costa and all they would say it was being sold and replaced with another ship. They don't have all the details yet and will let me know.

Thanks for posting this. I am booked on 17th March Mumbai to Venice. I just phoned Costa and all they would say it was being sold and replaced with another ship. They don't have all the details yet and will let me know.

The last neoClassica cruise from Mumbai - Male, 3rd. March 2018 - 17th. March 2018 has been cancelled (as previously stated she sold as from 10th. March). neoClassica was due to leave Mumbai for Venice on 17th. March.

So what could happen to your cruise:

a. Costa charters another cruise ship just for this repo cruise. Problem finding a ship to accommodate just 1300 passengers, bigger ship would make the cruise into a loss making one.

b. The Victoria is in the vincinity, Goa 3rd. March, could be in Mumbai 4th. March. What would you do with the Victoria passengers for 13 days? Also would there be enough empty cabins to take neoClassica passengers? I think unlikely as Costa would have two ships with unhappy passengers.

c. Divert the neoRiviera (due to leave Port Louis, Mauritius 3rd. March) by not stopping at Victoria, Seychelles, to Mumbai, would be there either 9th - 10th. March. 10 day wait til neoClassica passengers would arrive. Also would there be enough empty cabins to take neoClassica passengers? I think unlikely as Costa would have two ships with unhappy passengers.

d. If I was booked on the neoClassica cruise, I personally would start to look for another cruise, as I do not think it will take place.

The last neoClassica cruise from Mumbai - Male, 3rd. March 2018 - 17th. March 2018 has been cancelled (as previously stated she sold as from 10th. March). neoClassica was due to leave Mumbai for Venice on 17th. March.

So what could happen to your cruise:

a. Costa charters another cruise ship just for this repo cruise. Problem finding a ship to accommodate just 1300 passengers, bigger ship would make the cruise into a loss making one.

b. The Victoria is in the vincinity, Goa 3rd. March, could be in Mumbai 4th. March. What would you do with the Victoria passengers for 13 days? Also would there be enough empty cabins to take neoClassica passengers? I think unlikely as Costa would have two ships with unhappy passengers.

c. Divert the neoRiviera (due to leave Port Louis, Mauritius 3rd. March) by not stopping at Victoria, Seychelles, to Mumbai, would be there either 9th - 10th. March. 10 day wait til neoClassica passengers would arrive. Also would there be enough empty cabins to take neoClassica passengers? I think unlikely as Costa would have two ships with unhappy passengers.

d. If I was booked on the neoClassica cruise, I personally would start to look for another cruise, as I do not think it will take place.

I don't think that the Cruise can be cancelled, cos bookings are STILL open right now! Will the neoRiviera will replace the Neoclassica routes after March 2018?

I don't think that the Cruise can be cancelled, cos bookings are STILL open right now! Will the neoRiviera will replace the Neoclassica routes after March 2018?

The last cruise you can book at this moment on the neoClassica is departing February 10th 2018, last mentioned March 3rd: http://www.costacruise.com/eu/cruises_list/costa_neoclassica-201802_.html (but: “We apologize but the cruise is currently not saleable. For further information, please contact“)

The neoRiviera is going to India in November 2018 indeed, although not everything bookable: http://www.costacruise.com/eu/cruises_list/costa_neoriviera-201810_.html

And the neoRiviera will be replaced in the southern Indian Ocean by the Victoria: http://www.costacruise.com/eu/cruises_list/costa_vittoria-201810_.html

That the neoClassica is sold you can find at http://www.costapresscenter.com/costa/profile-portals/press/index.php#/home?market=6550 - just download the pdf “news for the 2018 summer season“, there you‘ll find the sentence “As of March 10 2018, once its schedule of cruises between India and the Maldives is complete, Costa neoClassica will no longer be part of the Costa fleet.” Which ship will do what route you‘ll also find in that document.

All neoClassica bookings after 3rd. March 2018 cruise has been blocked. Affected passengers will be informed shortly about the cancelled cruises, with offers of either transfering to anothe ships (in this case neoRiviera) or cancelling. I do not believe that compensation will be on the table.

All neoClassica bookings after 3rd. March 2018 cruise has been blocked. Affected passengers will be informed shortly about the cancelled cruises, with offers of either transfering to anothe ships (in this case neoRiviera) or cancelling. I do not believe that compensation will be on the table.

Will the itinerary, ports and cost remain the same for all the Neoclassica Cruises transferred to neoRiviera after March 2018?

Can or will Costa deny boarding to a non EU citizen, who books and pays for a Costa cruise on the (cheap) Costa EU website, while entering his correct passport address & Pin code (outside EU) in the address column?

I emailed Costa and they said they will send me a "Reprotection notice" soon. What is that? What does it mean?

Not sure what's going to happen to us as....

We're booked on the NeoClassica for the 3rd March (Mumbai to Male) and as part of our holiday/package, we're also booked on the now cancelled return leg from Male to Mumbai where we were due to fly home. Flights and hotel at each end all booked via Cruise Nation. I called them this morning and they said they were only made aware of the situation with the NeoClassica on Sat and will get back to us within the next few weeks? Any ideas what might happen in such a situation? The missus was so looking forward to it and no other itinerary includes the Maldives for a few days like this :confused:

Edited by kcdionysus

Will the itinerary, ports and cost remain the same for all the Neoclassica Cruises transferred to neoRiviera after March 2018?

I am sure that the ports will basically remain the same, as cruise lines start planning the itinerary and logistics upto two years in advance, also Costa would have booked the ship slots in the various ports, and would not like to loose them as the Med can ve very crowded.

With regards to cost, you will probably be grandfathered in with your neoClassica price.

Can or will Costa deny boarding to a non EU citizen, who books and pays for a Costa cruise on the (cheap) Costa EU website, while entering his correct passport address & Pin code (outside EU) in the address column?

Once Costa has taken your booking and deposit - all they are interested now is getting the final payment.

Costa could deny boarding if there were descrepancies between the Web Check In document (which must be presented with passport) and passport - just make doubley sure that they are correct. At the port the address does not matter as the address is not entered in your passport, so nothing can be checked.

Also make sure that your passport(s) are at least 6 months valid from date of disembarkation. ALso check to see if ther are an visa requirements.

I emailed Costa and they said they will send me a "Reprotection notice" soon. What is that? What does it mean?

A Reprotection Notice is a guarantee that you will get the cruise for the neoClassica price (see other message re grandfathering in. Also that the cabin category will be the same (cabin number cannot be guranteed as yet as the ships are of different size).

Not sure what's going to happen to us as....

We're booked on the NeoClassica for the 3rd March (Mumbai to Male) and as part of our holiday/package, we're also booked on the now cancelled return leg from Male to Mumbai where we were due to fly home. Flights and hotel at each end all booked via Cruise Nation. I called them this morning and they said they were only made aware of the situation with the NeoClassica on Sat and will get back to us within the next few weeks? Any ideas what might happen in such a situation? The missus was so looking forward to it and no other itinerary includes the Maldives for a few days like this :confused:

Your situation is a very different and very difficult, as your cruise has been cut in half and stranded on a desert island. What could the options be?

1. neoClassica sails to Mumbai, even though it has been sold.

2. Costa pays for your stay in Maldives then flies you back to Mumbai for flight home.

3. You can cancel your hotel and flights (maybe compensation from Costa) and choose another cruise.

If I was in your position, I would cancel the cruise (waiting until Costa make an offer - if any), bite the bullet on any cancellation charges and do the 14 day cruise from Port Louis (going to Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Reunion).

The Maldives are no longer a paradise, the ship will be anchored of the capital Male which is a slab concrete 5 sq km big, on the other sides there are the airport island and the land fill islands where the rubbish is taken and burnt and polluting the sea.

Also there is political unrest in Maldives (BBC from 10th. August 2017):

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-40827633.

If it is beaches you want to see and use, I would always recommend the Seychelles or Mauritius.

As a Man of Kent or Kenish Man you will make the right decision.

Let us know how you get on, also if you want more information just ask.

Once Costa has taken your booking and deposit - all they are interested now is getting the final payment.

Costa could deny boarding if there were descrepancies between the Web Check In document (which must be presented with passport) and passport - just make doubley sure that they are correct. At the port the address does not matter as the address is not entered in your passport, so nothing can be checked.

Also make sure that your passport(s) are at least 6 months valid from date of disembarkation. ALso check to see if ther are an visa requirements.

So, lets say a US citizen books with Serbia as his country to get a CHEAPER price for the EXACT SAME cabin, same Costa cruise, same departure date.

His name & address on his passport are Mr.Tom, House 12, 7th Ave, NYC, New York, USA, Pin code 12345

When he enters this same name & address (as on his passport) on the Serbia site of Costa and pays in full using his US credit card, his cruise booking and Cruise ticket will show as--

Mr.Tom, House 12, 7th Ave, NYC, New York, USA, Pin code 12345, SERBIA

Is this acceptable or will Costa DENY him boarding, stating that he is not from Serbia and hence cannot book with Serbia as his country, even though he has paid in full?

OR

Will they DEMAND MORE MONEY and ask him to pay the price difference between Serbia and USA?

Your situation is a very different and very difficult, as your cruise has been cut in half and stranded on a desert island. What could the options be?

1. neoClassica sails to Mumbai, even though it has been sold.

2. Costa pays for your stay in Maldives then flies you back to Mumbai for flight home.

3. You can cancel your hotel and flights (maybe compensation from Costa) and choose another cruise.

If I was in your position, I would cancel the cruise (waiting until Costa make an offer - if any), bite the bullet on any cancellation charges and do the 14 day cruise from Port Louis (going to Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Reunion).

The Maldives are no longer a paradise, the ship will be anchored of the capital Male which is a slab concrete 5 sq km big, on the other sides there are the airport island and the land fill islands where the rubbish is taken and burnt and polluting the sea.

Also there is political unrest in Maldives (BBC from 10th. August 2017):

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-40827633.

If it is beaches you want to see and use, I would always recommend the Seychelles or Mauritius.

As a Man of Kent or Kenish Man you will make the right decision.

Let us know how you get on, also if you want more information just ask.

Hey....thanks for the reply.

We booked the cruise, flights and hotels via Cruise Nation as a complete package so not exactly sure who's responsible for what elements. I'm sure we were on a 14 night cruise as I saw it advertised with other agents as a 14 nighter and as separate 7 night voyages so I guess this might determine whether it's cancelled in its entirety or whether the first 7 night element still stands? Ultimately, it's down to Cruise Nation to sort out/offer solutions to us but Costa's decision to pull the ship has created this scenario so I guess they have to offer something to the travel agents selling on their behalf? We only booked this a month ago (early July) and paid a sizeable deposit (almost 50%) so at the time, I presume the travel companies weren't aware that Costa were planning this.

I guess we have to wait for some options to be presented to us first before we can make a decision? But thanks for the recommendation as regards the Port Louis cruise.