Silversea Hotels in Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles

Genoabay

There is a range of choices in both cities, ranging from 5* on down.

I avoid Ft Lauderdale, esp. around weekends when (during cruise season) hotels are filled with people arriving from or about to depart on mega liners. Perhaps they are not staying in 5* properties like the Ritz Carlton. When departing from Ft Lauderdale, I tend to fly into and stay in Miami, in a downtown business hotel. I find these properties to be quiet, tasteful, and offering good value for money. Then I Uber or taxi to Port Everglades on embarkation morning. The Four Seasons, Conrad. and J W Marriott are within a stone's throw of each other. I think they offer a good prelude to a Silversea cruise.

In Fort Lauderdale as noted there is a range of hotels.

We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and would recommend it.

About a half a mile up the road (the beach is across the street from both properties) is a new Conrad Hilton that either has opened or is just opening. This would be at a lower price point from the Ritz so I am noting that.

For Los Angeles lots of choices but one question is how long do you plan to stay there. If for one day versus say a few days I would give two different recommendations.

I have no idea what Silversea uses but you can do better booking these yourself and get a nicer room and/or certainly the hotels at more reasonable prices.

Keith

Unfortunately I can't remember the hotel that Silversea gave us post cruise in March, though wasn't one mentioned already. It certainly was a nice complex though. (We had use of the facility as our Miami flights weren't until the evening, so somewhere to freshen up and use prior to leaving for the airport. I'm sure someone will mention the name.)

Posting just to echo what Keith said re looking to do your own thing if staying somewhere for a few days. Not only because what SS offer is going to be limited in choice, but fairly sure you will get better pricing booking yourself.

Unfortunately I can't remember the hotel that Silversea gave us post cruise in March, though wasn't one mentioned already. It certainly was a nice complex though. (We had use of the facility as our Miami flights weren't until the evening, so somewhere to freshen up and use prior to leaving for the airport. I'm sure someone will mention the name.)

Posting just to echo what Keith said re looking to do your own thing if staying somewhere for a few days. Not only because what SS offer is going to be limited in choice, but fairly sure you will get better pricing booking yourself.

It was probably the Marriott Harbor Beach, which SS used for us last December. It's ok, big pools and almost on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was probably the Marriott Harbor Beach, which SS used for us last December. It's ok, big pools and almost on the beach.

Yes that was it. Just remembered I've photos on my phone....

1286676bf530c57be0b00534e8e15710.jpg

d038aa531151b3ad1750db169902a99e.jpg

fd32e1b7e52978782f905513dd53a31e.jpg

Thank you all for your replies. We will be staying in Los Angeles for 3 nights.

I agree that getting a hotel independent of Silversea is the way to go. Would consider staying in the Woodland Hills area as we have friends there. We are not looking to do the typical sight seeing there as we have done that.

FWIW - a couple of years ago, Silversea quoted me for a 'package' which included one night at the Hyatt in Fort Lauderdale ... the price they quoted for the hotel was per person per night, and the price per person was the same as the hotel was charging per room per night. Admin error perhaps?

FWIW - a couple of years ago, Silversea quoted me for a 'package' which included one night at the Hyatt in Fort Lauderdale ... the price they quoted for the hotel was per person per night, and the price per person was the same as the hotel was charging per room per night. Admin error perhaps?

Sounds like the typical upcharge to me. The only time we use cruise line arranged hotels is when we find the hotel and included transfers to be close to what we can book ourselves.

In Fort Lauderdale as noted there is a range of hotels.

About a half a mile up the road (the beach is across the street from both properties) is a new Conrad Hilton that either has opened or is just opening. This would be at a lower price point from the Ritz so I am noting that.

Keith

I am a huge Conrad fan and have been following the FLL property. They are opening just before Christmas of this year. I don't know the precise price comparisons with the Ritz, but I am not certain it will be less costly. This will be an all suite hotel, with every room having SubZero/Wolf equipped kitchens. I doubt this will come cheap. :)

Ah! But the Silversea rate probably included breakfast. What a deal! :)

Silversea rates include transfers to the ship or to the hotel. That might be important to some who do not want to have to deal with their luggage. We always book our hotels independently from Silversea especially since we almost always do a land-based trip prior to a cruise.

Ah! But the Silversea rate probably included breakfast. What a deal!

I understand now;p

Presumbly the 50% mark up on the airfares was for fast track security then??? Says he without the slightest trace of sarcasm:halo:

Good aren't they!