Anyone else using Chrome having issues posting on CC

MVPinBoynton

I have not been able to post on CC using Chrome today. I have had to use Edge. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes; for me, it started a day or so ago... And I've sometimes had periodic difficulty in tabbing from post to post or forum to forum while attempting to read excerpts from the Cruise Critic website...

I'm no technology expert but can usually get routine things resolved... After spending a fair amount of time trying to remedy the situation, I've had to resort to use of an alternative browser too...

Yes; for me, it started a day or so ago... And I've sometimes had periodic difficulty in tabbing from post to post or forum to forum while attempting to read excerpts from the Cruise Critic website...

I'm no technology expert but can usually get routine things resolved... After spending a fair amount of time trying to remedy the situation, I've had to resort to use of an alternative browser too...

Glad I am not alone. It is quite frustrating; but I am sure that CC will fix it soon enough.

I'm using Chrome without any problems. Try disabling any ad blocking extensions you have. I was having trouble with AdBlock Plus and switched to uBlock Origin some time ago and that solve my problem.

I wouldn't use an ad blocker at all, but CC insists on having ads that autoplay audio and video. I complained about it but they haven't stopped, so the ad blocker gets turned back on for CC.

Also try going to https://whatismybrowser.com in Chrome and see if it finds anything out of date.

I'm using Chrome without any problems. Try disabling any ad blocking extensions you have. I was having trouble with AdBlock Plus and switched to uBlock Origin some time ago and that solve my problem.

I wouldn't use an ad blocker at all, but CC insists on having ads that autoplay audio and video. I complained about it but they haven't stopped, so the ad blocker gets turned back on for CC.

Also try going to https://whatismybrowser.com in Chrome and see if it finds anything out of date.

Thanks for the recommendations. Ad Blocker Plus is off and my browser is up to date. I can't even get to the CC home page now. I am getting this error message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Apparently, this is not a site wide problem, so I will play with it some more. Since I had cleared my cache and cookies last month, I didn't really want to clear the cookies again so soon; but I might have to. Clearing cache did nothing.

Thanks for the recommendations. Ad Blocker Plus is off and my browser is up to date. I can't even get to the CC home page now. I am getting this error message:

Bad Request

Apparently, this is not a site wide problem, so I will play with it some more. Since I had cleared my cache and cookies last month, I didn't really want to clear the cookies again so soon; but I might have to. Clearing cache did nothing.

I get that annoying Bad Request screen every day or two, depending on how much I am on CC. It's a Bad Cookie, and I have to clear cookies. Doesn't happen on any other site. EM

Well, I did fix my problem. I just went into the cookies and deleted the ones for a few Cruise Critic sites. All is well now.

I am sorry that I posted about something that was my problem rather than all CC'ers; but hopefully anyone that has the same problem can fix it with clearing the CC cookies.

Bad Request

You can clear cookies for a single site. On Chrome, click the exclamation mark icon in the address bar and then click on the "61 cookies" link that appears (the number may be different on your version):

ZwfTUSW9HI2w4WPXjZqqpnMLCnXy5OG5z3QTNqrEiexY0TKuglvnCvhneOwp0mWqh2srBH6i29FZJrbLoGhFnK83oYUWzABINBOFvVuRuB4w-9EoLWKWj3gCRKpG7Xg3qo33H8u6VhXGCsC6n4geiGerftFPLFfmc04LrAMFRklIVzqrsFoJVL82X_sNOrb-rGg58E-XF5yXtzd7ELH-IjoFnNL7-Wm1FxNC_X8av3rNpSB85XC_GCkNKzFmjBBoLrwoI6qCJotE72Of3dSBSVT17WwxJthCQqlgBfds2DN-av1Z1j4mpf8M1rFCG69zaZVEkQ4Z7bbtpbJdPxqofsymEAsK48WmkBVjaDPt_nj7Bno9oGnuPwMs4ILEaHOx8CAQr25R6Wuu9ivRpvky4_aREuKgZyg55Ook6Zke73CyiJxdpST_VUFC5MivFnuv9opa2h4vTmBFaiRb8J5npzR0-qZiHikRxSatqcEgYHYozyuTMeL0WON7pot_hnBkFm-T1qFpCBULow-Xs5qTnv_Paw_K1-kIIua0bcIEzhjJhtVq9vwsbzj3HcmvG10LGSWxNYs1g3rgpI6XuSsVC0s76NaNxsqklRomRvhe3Q5e1nwrKJUk=w590-h345-no

You can clear cookies for a single site. On Chrome, click the exclamation mark icon in the address bar and then click on the "61 cookies" link that appears (the number may be different on your version):

ZwfTUSW9HI2w4WPXjZqqpnMLCnXy5OG5z3QTNqrEiexY0TKuglvnCvhneOwp0mWqh2srBH6i29FZJrbLoGhFnK83oYUWzABINBOFvVuRuB4w-9EoLWKWj3gCRKpG7Xg3qo33H8u6VhXGCsC6n4geiGerftFPLFfmc04LrAMFRklIVzqrsFoJVL82X_sNOrb-rGg58E-XF5yXtzd7ELH-IjoFnNL7-Wm1FxNC_X8av3rNpSB85XC_GCkNKzFmjBBoLrwoI6qCJotE72Of3dSBSVT17WwxJthCQqlgBfds2DN-av1Z1j4mpf8M1rFCG69zaZVEkQ4Z7bbtpbJdPxqofsymEAsK48WmkBVjaDPt_nj7Bno9oGnuPwMs4ILEaHOx8CAQr25R6Wuu9ivRpvky4_aREuKgZyg55Ook6Zke73CyiJxdpST_VUFC5MivFnuv9opa2h4vTmBFaiRb8J5npzR0-qZiHikRxSatqcEgYHYozyuTMeL0WON7pot_hnBkFm-T1qFpCBULow-Xs5qTnv_Paw_K1-kIIua0bcIEzhjJhtVq9vwsbzj3HcmvG10LGSWxNYs1g3rgpI6XuSsVC0s76NaNxsqklRomRvhe3Q5e1nwrKJUk=w590-h345-no

Oh I like that way much better than going to the settings panel. Thanks for that tip, I will definitely use it in the future.

I just looked at it and I now have 114 cookies for CC. I can't imagine that many for one site. Oh well, it is what it is.

This site has been "Glitchy" For me the past few days and I use Chrome. Curser is jumping all over... Top to bottom and everything in between, plus typing is delayed.

I was having the same problems. Clear the CC cookies and all will be well. At least until it isn't again. :D

This site has been "Glitchy" For me the past few days and I use Chrome. Curser is jumping all over... Top to bottom and everything in between, plus typing is delayed.

In addition to clearing cookies, if you have the Grammerly extension it will cause this behavior.

Thank you. It's better today, but I am taking note of the grammerly extention comment in case it happens again, and try to get it resolved:):)

It's a known problem with Grammerly, and in fact, they have that as a reason that you canceled their service on their exit survey. If Grammerly has a setting to disable it on CC do so and see it the site works better.

Grammerly will eventually get this bug fixed, but until they do, it's going to be a problem on any new website or SaaS application (like the one I work for!)

Edit: Found a knowledge base article where Grammerly shows how to disable the extension for a particular website, such as CC: https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000091612-Disable-Grammarly-extension-on-one-or-more-websites

Edited by fshagan
Add Grammerly link

I have been having a problem for the last couple of days posting on Edge. Delayed typing seems the worst of it. I was using incognito window, so cookies/cache not the issue. Also I always clear both after leaving a site. It was still doing it today, although not as badly as yesterday. Between the messed up Celebrity site and the problems the last couple of days here, I was beginning to think it was my computer! Although I'm sorry to hear others were having the problem, I'm glad to hear it's a site problem and not my computer.

It's a known problem with Grammerly, and in fact, they have that as a reason that you canceled their service on their exit survey. If Grammerly has a setting to disable it on CC do so and see it the site works better.

Grammerly will eventually get this bug fixed, but until they do, it's going to be a problem on any new website or SaaS application (like the one I work for!)

Edit: Found a knowledge base article where Grammerly shows how to disable the extension for a particular website, such as CC: https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000091612-Disable-Grammarly-extension-on-one-or-more-websites

Thanks again. I will check the link. :)

I have been having a problem for the last couple of days posting on Edge. Delayed typing seems the worst of it. I was using incognito window, so cookies/cache not the issue.

That's a common misconception. Incognito mode still READS cookies from your computer even though it prevents the site from placing new cookies (that stick) on your computer. You have to CLEAR the cookies for the site, not just visit in incognito mode, as a corrupted cookie will still cause problems.

Szj8LTZm0Lz21wZEMsByp2KwRb1PWN5pqeYXAioMxW3Ewq0udqynE_gt8RF9cmx-7bs7g64g3CObcoJw3LWMVnC1MjcBtiE2pPNvkjqhmG55eKq7AKAkREJ3yNrRx1xKl5Ke37A8HiPK1Sbft0vMpX07REq54Ur0qbbg_HDZGv8f5I9h0IY87AT78qta0qd_XzUR7q0z3Itm4FffVaedtz6bJEUl7ZT5NcqUIAXpSsfHic7m7dXOtOLCu3gWQTD60Ge-GdnLD8paDzTmkWZw9pfIT19X7xBIgEbIh457PSVR6zm7J7ctZ4IFswuFQfBzoKvVrybGTok2Z3fEJ94de0o_peSq_wa4Asxp3n8uXAPJsp1SiztjWRxIbLJI64jJd3J_pQ7Se8cpyEyTcWOn-UGVQQu2BuMQaYa1IedTrla3KyYKgFlieCfTgIxDvlyjlSZAAaiVW_kOZS05ZjxXEqFpVniHlLTxWteueLoexDvwLrZA4HnyTHdwmvjdG4yFh1xkpg-IlgGiDJtSDDre1xpYWt8I41aauyWaMbYQGrIvdiH0rxUm95gyBoQam5QuzjOZREzYK39mjSelezx-jLHozBn508aeIYE9AV8CaR5VIDjiqoi0=w464-h257-no

That's a common misconception. Incognito mode still READS cookies from your computer even though it prevents the site from placing new cookies (that stick) on your computer. You have to CLEAR the cookies for the site, not just visit in incognito mode, as a corrupted cookie will still cause problems.

Szj8LTZm0Lz21wZEMsByp2KwRb1PWN5pqeYXAioMxW3Ewq0udqynE_gt8RF9cmx-7bs7g64g3CObcoJw3LWMVnC1MjcBtiE2pPNvkjqhmG55eKq7AKAkREJ3yNrRx1xKl5Ke37A8HiPK1Sbft0vMpX07REq54Ur0qbbg_HDZGv8f5I9h0IY87AT78qta0qd_XzUR7q0z3Itm4FffVaedtz6bJEUl7ZT5NcqUIAXpSsfHic7m7dXOtOLCu3gWQTD60Ge-GdnLD8paDzTmkWZw9pfIT19X7xBIgEbIh457PSVR6zm7J7ctZ4IFswuFQfBzoKvVrybGTok2Z3fEJ94de0o_peSq_wa4Asxp3n8uXAPJsp1SiztjWRxIbLJI64jJd3J_pQ7Se8cpyEyTcWOn-UGVQQu2BuMQaYa1IedTrla3KyYKgFlieCfTgIxDvlyjlSZAAaiVW_kOZS05ZjxXEqFpVniHlLTxWteueLoexDvwLrZA4HnyTHdwmvjdG4yFh1xkpg-IlgGiDJtSDDre1xpYWt8I41aauyWaMbYQGrIvdiH0rxUm95gyBoQam5QuzjOZREzYK39mjSelezx-jLHozBn508aeIYE9AV8CaR5VIDjiqoi0=w464-h257-no

Thanks, but I have my browser set to delete cookies/cache on exit and I also do it manually prior to visiting the site. It was a good thought though. I am aware of what you pointed out but appreciate the attempt to help.