Dining times mervigrila

Polperro

Can someone please post the set dining times who has recently been on the ship. Just checked my booking and now states early dining 5-30 to 7-30!! Who wants to eat at 5-30 on holiday!!!!!!!!

If anyone could post a daily would be really good.

Many thanks

Early seating was 6pm and Late seating was 9pm when I was onboard in June. Which just goes to show that you should check the Daily Programs EVERY DAY for times as they can vary. I witnessed someone having a hissy fit one day on a ship because the MDR wasn't open at 6.15pm like it had been for the previous days onboard. However, the time for that particular evening had been clearly shown in the planner as being 6.30pm. Lesson is: don't assume the time will always be the same on your cruise as it was on the previous week's one - or even the previous night's!

Just gets worse! So not only have they cancelled flexible dining which was one of the deciding factors for choosing this cruise. Now I'm going to be stuck on set dining time that somehow change everyday. This is going to have to be one hell of a cruise before I consider booking with them again. Sorry rant over:p

I didn't mean to imply that the dining times change every day - sorry if I gave that impression. What I was trying to say was that you may get a definitive answer here to your question from those who've been on Meraviglia. I've already given you the times that were posted when I was on. Someone else on the forum has since posted different times. YMMV is all I'm saying.

There are varied reasons why dining times may change - that goes for ALL cruise companies. For instance, the captain may know the day before that the ship will be delayed coming into a port. Mealtimes could be scheduled a bit later as a result to give guests enough time to visit and go on excursions etc and be back in time for dinner.

Sorry my replies sounded stroppy, really disappointed as hate set dining times. I have always avoided cruise companies were this is the normal dining arrangements. I also can't understand how Msc can just withdraw this option completely and for me not tell you, I only found out because I use this site. I now don't know whether to change my preference to late dining as 5.30 is ridiculous if true????

I totally understand your frustration. I would be absolutely gutted if I had a Fantastica booking and this happened to me. And you're right about 5.30pm being too early! I don't remember ever seeing Early dining that early on any of my MSC cruises.

I wish I could say something to help you feel better about this so that you could look forward to your cruise with more anticipation. However, I understand that this has cast a dark shadow. Hopefully other aspects of the trip will be enjoyable and you'll find a good solution to the current problem.

I just checked my seating for Seaside. My original booking said "Classic Early Dining", then it was changed to "First Sitting" and now when I check my reservation online it says "5:30 - 7:30" We always eat early and requested set dining. We are in a Fantastica Suite (S2). Does this mean I am not early set dining?

Can someone tell me the times of the shows in the evening?

Thanks

I was on Meraviglia last week and it was 6:45 and 9:30 for dinner sittings.

In terms of shows they varied a little depending on what was on that night but they usually started at either 7:15, 8:20 or 10:30. Sometimes there was a show at all three times and others it was just 7:15 and 10:30. The shows were never more than two thirds full.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

We are onboard the meraviglia at the moment and the dining times, as I think someone has said above, are currently 6.45pm and 9.30pm.

Apparently there is a dining info point setup on level 6 mid ship near the mini mall from 12-4pm everyday, where you can change your allotted time, though we haven't needed to do it, so I'm not sure how smooth the process is.

Hope that helps reduce some of the stress involved!

Cheers

Hi,

We are onboard the meraviglia at the moment and the dining times, as I think someone has said above, are currently 6.45pm and 9.30pm.

Apparently there is a dining info point setup on level 6 mid ship near the mini mall from 12-4pm everyday, where you can change your allotted time, though we haven't needed to do it, so I'm not sure how smooth the process is.

Hope that helps reduce some of the stress involved!

Cheers

Thanks for that makes me feel a little better about set dining times. When you say there is a desk you can change is that just between early and late or is it flexi diners choosing a time?

Thanks for that makes me feel a little better about set dining times. When you say there is a desk you can change is that just between early and late or is it flexi diners choosing a time?

It's just between early and late and roughly opposite the crepes/ice cream bar. Up on left past the excursions desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on meraviglia 8 September, on my booking it says classic late 7.45-9.30 I'm hope it means between these times is was booked for flexi as well

I'm also on that sailing was supposed to be flexible but now moved to early 6.30??

Ive not booked yet but finding dinner times could change my mind ,the cruise i'm booking on preciosa says only possible to choose dinner times paying for one of the more expensive packages ? Would i get anywhere trying to get confirmation of first or second seating when i book do you think? ,dinner for me at 5.30 would also not really be an option .

Tia

Ive not booked yet but finding dinner times could change my mind ,the cruise i'm booking on preciosa says only possible to choose dinner times paying for one of the more expensive packages ? Would i get anywhere trying to get confirmation of first or second seating when i book do you think? ,dinner for me at 5.30 would also not really be an option .

Tia

If you don't book Aurea or Yacht Club you can only request a dining time . Seating is not finalised 'til embarkation day and is allocated onboard by the maitreD' who does his utmost to ensure you get your preferred time.

I don't recall ever seeing a dinner time as early as 5.30pm onboard an MSC ship. It's generally between 6pm - 6.45pm. Bear in mind that you'll rarely receive your main course 'til at least a half-hour to an hour after first being seated.