Just off the Disco2!

Ahoy shipmates:cool:. We've just got off the Disco2 this morning in sunny Malaga.,and are now at our hotel in benalmadena for a week. I've just got say how much we loved the ship! Cannot fault anything at all. The food was excellent,,the crew all brilliant,,the entertainment and show team brilliant. The Disco2 is a great ship,,I now understand why it's a vision class ship!! We had a junior suite on deck 8 (8566) towards the aft end,,quiet position,,I think the gym was directly above us but we were not disturbed in the time we were in the cabin having a siesta. Everything was quick and efficient from check in at the airport to arriving here at the hotel,,very speedy boarding last Sunday. Ports of call lovely,,the sea was a bit lively once or twice but nothing unpleasant. Captain Chris,,well what can I say:* I loved him,,tall handsome dashing charming funny,,everywhere you went onboard you could hear passengers coming out with his catchphrases! He's a right bobby dazzler,,boom,,and the sea is harry flatters! The dining room is stunning,,those huge floor to ceiling windows give you awesome views of the sunsets over the sea and the atrium is the heart of the ship,,and also very beautiful. We'll absolutely definitely be sailing on her again.

Ahoy shipmates:cool:. We've just got off the Disco2 this morning in sunny Malaga.,and are now at our hotel in benalmadena for a week. I've just got say how much we loved the ship! Cannot fault anything at all. The food was excellent,,the crew all brilliant,,the entertainment and show team brilliant. The Disco2 is a great ship,,I now understand why it's a vision class ship!! We had a junior suite on deck 8 (8566) towards the aft end,,quiet position,,I think the gym was directly above us but we were not disturbed in the time we were in the cabin having a siesta. Everything was quick and efficient from check in at the airport to arriving here at the hotel,,very speedy boarding last Sunday. Ports of call lovely,,the sea was a bit lively once or twice but nothing unpleasant. Captain Chris,,well what can I say:* I loved him,,tall handsome dashing charming funny,,everywhere you went onboard you could hear passengers coming out with his catchphrases! He's a right bobby dazzler,,boom,,and the sea is harry flatters! The dining room is stunning,,those huge floor to ceiling windows give you awesome views of the sunsets over the sea and the atrium is the heart of the ship,,and also very beautiful. We'll absolutely definitely be sailing on her again.

So glad you enjoyed D2. We were on her in May for the inaugural 2 week sailing and, although the first week was a bit hit and miss, we loved her by the end of the second week and are going back on her in October. Enjoy your hotel stay and hopefully it won't be long until you are back on board.

Great to hear you had a good time. The Vision class ships are lovely. We have booked the Discovery 2 next year, our first Thomson cruise and we are really looking forward to it. We have also booked a Junior suite, are there any 'perks' that come with it??

Yes there are some minor perks such as priority check in and luggage delivery, free pressing of 3 items of clothing per person in the first 24 hours, and one free breakfast cabin delivery.

However other benefits such as Clarins toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, a Nesspresso coffee machine as well as the standard tea tray, and a reasonable sized fridge are welcome items.

We found the size of the cabin excellent, particularly the pleasant sitting area, ideal if you have friends in for a drink etc. and a nice sized balcony with a sun lounger as well as the table and 2 chairs.

The cabin is light and airy and is likely to spoil you for the future. We recently had a deluxe cabin on the Dream which was nice and big but it was so dark in comparison to the Discovery junior suite we felt that we could not go back.

We're on Discovery 2 in November in a junior suite, and really looking forward to it.

Yes,,we had all the above little perks! I'm missing the ship,,I've still got the post cruise sway tho! It's hotter than hell here,,I don't know how you cope with it Campo

Lady:o I've had to keep going in the sea and pool to cool off;)

Can only echo all of your comments. Loved the two weeks I spent on board. So much so we have booked a week on D2 in October.

Never known such fantastic shows, brilliant staff and constant good times while at sea. My face was aching by July 16th from all of the smiling I did while on the trip!

Loved deck 9 and 10 after a morning out exploring. We usually ventured out around 10 and usually got back around 3, apart from in Barcelona which I only tore myself away from because I knew we were going back onto D2! We also had a later departing time in Barca which was great.

Porto was a big shock to me. Zero expectations but ended up loving the place.

Can genuinely say it's my best cruise experience so far! Your post brought it all back to me. Thanks!