No more kids under 3 allowed in the Pool!

Prada Cowboy

It may helps others:

My friend is currently cruising in the Penthouse on the Equinox in the Caribbean. Yesterday her 2 year old and other kids under the age of 3 (even in swim diapers) got pulled out of the pool and they stated NO KIDS under the age of 3 are allowed anymore in the pool. My friend had a chat last night with the Hotel Director and he stated it is a new overnight implemented rule.

Good for some, not so good for others.

It may changes again!

It may helps others:

My friend is currently cruising in the Penthouse on the Equinox in the Caribbean. Yesterday her 2 year old and other kids under the age of 3 (even in swim diapers) got pulled out of the pool and they stated NO KIDS under the age of 3 are allowed anymore in the pool. My friend had a chat last night with the Hotel Director and he stated it is a new overnight implemented rule.

Good for some, not so good for others.

It may changes again!

I don't understand the age limit - if the kid is toilet trained it should be ok - of course no adult diapers are allowed either.

I have a simple question - whast does the Penthouse suite have to do with this?

I don't have young kids, but agree that decision should be based not on age, but if a child is trained or not. 1-2 yo should not be punished if they are trained.

I don't have young kids, but agree that decision should be based not on age, but if a child is trained or not. 1-2 yo should not be punished if they are trained.

1 year old trained??? Impossible. That is the average age of learning to walk. Even a 2 year old to be completely toilet trained is not common....still wearing overnites and pull-ups.

1 year old trained??? Impossible. That is the average age of learning to walk. Even a 2 year old to be completely toilet trained is not common....still wearing overnites and pull-ups.

It is very possible. Unfortunately presence of diapers slow this process. I grew up in the country where diapers at that time (prior 2000-s) were not available and most kids were trained by 1-1.5 including my son.

By 2 not trained kids were considered to have developmental delays and you wouldn't find many.

It is very possible. Unfortunately presence of diapers slow this process. I grew up in the country where diapers at that time (prior 2000-s) were not available and most kids were trained by 1-1.5 including my son.

Then your son is "special". BTW, I knew you would come back with an answer of "but my child".

Edited by champagne123

No, he wasn't special. Most of kids were trained by then. I was really surprised when we moved here and I saw 2-3-4 yo in diapers.

So I wouldn't judge kids by age. Families are different even here. I am sure if parent knows that kid is not trained he will not leave him without a diaper.

No, he wasn't special. Most of kids were trained by then. I was really surprised when we moved here and I saw 2-3-4 yo in diapers.

So I wouldn't judge kids by age. Families are different even here. I am sure if parent knows that kid is not trained he will not leave him without a diaper.

I wish that was the case Tatka. Unfortunately, there are a lot of parents that would not do what you are suggesting. Heck, I was on the Breakaway a few years ago...a 5 year old and 6 year old in the "Adult" pool...(no children under 16). Parents were not watching them and were not in the pool with them. One of them died and the other in critical condition. These things happen all the time and it baffles me. Trusting a toddler to not have an "accident" because a parent says so....well....I'm just going to leave it at that. I think it is wonderful your son is trained, but we have rules for a reason.

My wife told me that's how it was in Russia. They start potty training around 8 months old. Pretty much all the babies are potty trained by 1 and a half.

My wife told me that's how it was in Russia. They start potty training around 8 months old. Pretty much all the babies are potty trained by 1 and a half.

Exactly. I am from FSU (Ukraine) where it was pretty much common just like in Russia and other republics of FSU.

If parents wouldn't have broken the "no swim diapers and children had to be potty trained" rule, then there would have been no need for this rule. Those parents that had no respect for rules ruined it for others. Edited by NLH Arizona

"Punished"? Whose punished more - the little pooper or the people that end up swimming in darker waters?

I'm so glad that my kids older now, but I would have to agree with this. My daughter was fully trained at 18 months and not even in a pull up at night at 2. Our first cruise my son was 2 1/2 and fully trained as well. It would've been a bummer if we were told that he couldn't be in the pool because he wasn't 3....but fully trained!!

I'm so glad that my kids older now, but I would have to agree with this. My daughter was fully trained at 18 months and not even in a pull up at night at 2. Our first cruise my son was 2 1/2 and fully trained as well. It would've been a bummer if we were told that he couldn't be in the pool because he wasn't 3....but fully trained!!

Hmmm - how do you propose the cruise line proves they are potty trained? And by the way, "yours" may be trained, but do you want them swimming with one that is not, regardless what their parents claimed?

I was on the Equinox in May and the signs said no swim diapers!

A few years back we were on a cruise and pointed out to an attendant that there was a child in the pool in swim diapers. The attendant went and spoke to the mother. She took the kid out, then when the attendant was gone she took off the swim diaper and sent her kid back into the pool. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the age limit - if the kid is toilet trained it should be ok - of course no adult diapers are allowed either.

The issue is that it's really hard to prove a kid is or isn't potty trained. And lots of parents are in denial and think "he USUALLY does ok" is a good enough excuse to send a sort-of potty trained child into a public pool.

By 2 not trained kids were considered to have developmental delays and you wouldn't find many.

But that is not the norm in the US. I'm a preschool director and I promise you VERY few kids are potty trained before the age of 2, and MANY are not fully trained until well after their 3rd birthday.

I am sure if parent knows that kid is not trained he will not leave him without a diaper.

Don't be so sure. See the example I posted in a prior reply.

This is yet another reason parents of small children may want to think twice about choosing Celebrity over other cruise lines (although they all prevent swim diapers I believe). Do not misunderstand me - I have NO issue with children being onboard. But the facts are that Celebrity is not geared towards children. They accommodate older kids with kids club activities and small gathering areas. But they really don't cater to kids. They just don't.

(and for the record I don't understand why the Penthouse was mentioned either. Is the implication that kids in that cabin should have different rules?? I'll prefer to think it was just a casual mention....)

I'm sure they didn't come up with this policy just for the fun of it, I would venture to guess that the frequency of draining the pool, cleaning and refilling it after each 'incident' just got to be too much of a pain for the staff to handle.

Hmmm - how do you propose the cruise line proves they are potty trained? And by the way, "yours" may be trained, but do you want them swimming with one that is not, regardless what their parents claimed?

All I was saying is how can you really put an age limit on it. Yes, mine were trained early yet I know some kids who weren't trained until they were 4!! It's a tough call!! I'm just glad that if kids are in swim diapers the parents are asked to remove them from the pool!!