MSC- Never again

wisdom4all

I have not even stepped foot on the MSC Divina

and have already decided it will be my last cruise with MSC.

We are scheduled to sail September 2nd.

Mind you this just my experience.

I have been on over 20 cruises with 6 different cruise lines and I have never had the problems that I have had with MSC over the past month.

Customer service is nonexistent.

It's like a call center in a banana republic.

Problems galore.

The kicker was today when I made a phone call about the status match program. They were to give me a 5% discount on my cruise total...which I was excited about.

They then proceeded to tell me that I had not paid my cruise in full yet. Nonsense.

I paid the cruise in full in June. I received my edocs (boarding passes) via email 2 weeks ago. This is something MSC WILL NOT DO until your cruise is paid in full.

The website confirms that I have paid in full, my

edocs confirmed that is was paid in full, yet they continue to tell me I am out of luck.

I don't know where to turn...except away from MSC.

I hope everyone else's experience is better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At some point MSC is going to have to start hearing stories like this and address this problem of systems that do not talk to each other. This includes websites, marketing information, customer service - you name it. We had a fantastic experience on Divina and have 4 cabins booked on Seaside Yacht Club. So we're fans. Selfishly, part of me says that as long as people stay away from MSC because of problems like this, the longer the prices will stay down and the longer we can afford the Yacht Club. But you'd expect that they have to turn their attention to the info systems at some point!

OP, come back and let us know how your experience with the cruise goes. I wish you luck!

Edited by Sunshine2U

Fully understand your dissatisfaction as this may be incurred from any Cruise line. There is no Cruise line that is perfect with their Customer Service. I can even say that anytime you talk to any Customer Service, regardless of the Company, you may have problems. I have had problems with Xfinity, T-Mobile, Celebrity, etc., over the years.

Get this straightened out and enjoy your cruise. You will have a great time on a great ship. We have cruised MSC this year on the Divina and will go back on her in Nov 2017 and Feb 2018.

Yes, we have cruised most of the Cruise Lines and have over 100 cruises. We have no favorite as they all have something special to offer.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!!!

I have talked with two cruise consultants today. Both of them said that I was correct. The transferred me to accounting to fix the problem.

Accounting said there was nothing they can do.

I've had poor customer service just like anyone when it come to various service providers, but MSC has jacked it to the next level.

I have talked with two cruise consultants today. Both of them said that I was correct. The transferred me to accounting to fix the problem.

Accounting said there was nothing they can do.

I've had poor customer service just like anyone when it come to various service providers, but MSC has jacked it to the next level.

Just wondering if you did your 'status match' after the final payment. If so,,,,,,,you will not get the 5%

But, whether you get it or not...I love MSC & if you are in the Yacht Club, you will surely book again. There is nothing like it at sea....especially for the price.

Yes you do get the 5%....even if paid in full. That's the only thing that went right today. The transferred me over to the Voyager club department and they took the 5% right off.

I have been on over 20 cruises with 6 different cruise lines and I have never had the problems that I have had with MSC over the past month.

Problems galore.

The kicker was today when I made a phone call about the status match program. They were to give me a 5% discount on my cruise total...which I was excited about.

They then proceeded to tell me that I had not paid my cruise in full yet. Nonsense.

I paid the cruise in full in June. I received my edocs (boarding passes) via email 2 weeks ago. This is something MSC WILL NOT DO until your cruise is paid in full.

edocs confirmed that is was paid in full, yet they continue to tell me I am out of luck.

Ask for a supervisor.

Tried to escalate the calls today.

Twice they kept transferring me back and forth between departments until the connection was dropped altogether.

Anyway, I'm gonna get off of my soapbox now and just let it go and enjoy my cruise.

I appreciate all of your comments & will let everyone know how it works out.

Thank you!

I've calmed down quite a bit since I started this thread earlier today[emoji3][emoji1303]

Enjoy your cruise!

Remember that this was a one-off, now you got your status match sorted, you never will have to go through this same discussion with customer service again ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i have to admit i feel the same way, but for differing reasons. Firstly the itinerary changes (known about for months but not communicated to passengers until after full payments received), the absolutely awful website, the fact that no one when i called knew anything about the itinerary changes - i had to go to 3/4 differing departments, the changes in cabins when we explicitly asked not to be changed due to 6 of us travelling together on 2 separate bookings (which we linked when we called) and wanting to be close to each other, and basically being told by a customer service person that i knew that itineraries were subject to change so why am i moaning (obvs in different language lol)

Again its a shame as i was really looking forward to the onboard experience (although the poor food reviews do worry me) but as we booked due to longer time in Hamburg (which we now don't get) its left a sour taste tbh

We too are booked on the same cruise. I also had booked without the 5% discount since it was not available when I booked. I did book through a TA which I emailed post booking to notify that the 5% discount was not applied and had them apply my Voyager numbers too. I also messaged MSC on facebook notifying them of the issue and they replied back (which I assume after talking with the TA) that my refund for the 5% will be applied. I did get it a few days later. I did have good luck I guess or just went through the right channels, but it can be done.

Problems galore.

I went through everything you described and some! But I did get it resolved in the end, after gazillion phone calls and reps. I documented everything, names, times, answers etc. I found a handful reps who really know what they are doing and helpful, while majority did not know what they were doing and just read off of what you can read when you log in.

When you call, ask to be put through to Voyager's Club and and for Scott.....this guy goes in circles to get your work taken care of. Believe me, ask for him. Others who have been good at resolutions: Kevin, Tiffany, Diego. Ask for them.

If you get an Alaina, hang up and call again!

Even after going through all this, I am not saying never again. Because everyone just loves the on board cruise experience and I am really looking forward to it.

Edited by Arzeena

When I booked my cruise I was lucky to get an agent that knows what she is doing. When the perks changed I called her and she changed everything . The only thing I didn't care for was my room changed as a result of her having to issue new booking. I have her direct # and deal with her only. I think when you deal with multiple people it complicates things and you get different results. Enjoy your cruise!

I must admit I felt much the same way about MSC after booking cruise via 800#.

However, that all changed after talking to individual in the Voyager's Club department. She fixed everything and made it all worthwhile. Gave my wife the Black Loyalty Match status, which was awesome. That's such a cool feature for new cruisers to MSC.

Just got back from the Divina last week and LOVED the experience. Naturally there are features and benefits I prefer from MSC, Carnival and Norwegian individually. I've had a great time on every cruise I've ever taken and have been impressed with the personnel on each ship.

One thing that gets me about this whole ordeal:

When did MSC plan on telling me I had not paid for the cruise in full?

At the gate?

That would be strange considering the fact that I have invoices and boarding documents that prove otherwise.

Oh well.....c'est la vie

You are not the only one that has had problems and many empathize and sympathize with you. I have been calling almost every day for 2 1/2 months. Their customer service has been horrible or hit or miss at best. They even changed my cabin assignment and when I challenged them their excuse was I had done it on line. That was false and other told me that it was impossible to do since that part of the web is not working. Luckily I was able to get a similar cabin. I only have one more issue to get straight, that is the 5% issue. But no one has said it was bad cruise. I am looking forward to it.

I finally got my issues resolved with MSC and we are now square..on good terms.

I suggest you work on yours.

You came on here 110% negative having a total hissy fit. I am glad they got it resolved for you. Maybe next time take a deep breath before jumping to such negativity. People here love to help. Your comments were ridiculous, that's a reflection of you, not me.

You are right.

MSC eventually came around to admitting what a colossal screw up they had committed.

Director of Reservations called and apologized to me and my wife.

They fixed the problem..and for the inconvenience they threw in 2 week long spa packages and onboard credits.

To understand my reactions you need to truly understand the circumstances.

I'm big enough to make peace and let bygones be bygones.

I think that was great that they added credits and spa passes. That's a great touch to smooth over a bad experience. I wasn't wowed by their call center staff, but I also never had major problems. I've had major problems with RCI, but they got it fixed; I came here and asked for help and got resources and info. Now you're set to really enjoy the trip.

You are right.

MSC eventually came around to admitting what a colossal screw up they had committed.

Director of Reservations called and apologized to me and my wife.

They fixed the problem..and for the inconvenience they threw in 2 week long spa packages and onboard credits.

s

The best has yet to come. You will be very impressed with Divina the minute you set foot on her.