Chef's Table - January 2018 on the Paradise - any ideas on the menu?

Don Kehote

In as much as I've been able to see, the menu looks really stable for 2017, and we're really, really excited about it. So much so, in fact, that we got a little paranoid that it might change with the 2018 calendar year.

We're trying to stay optimistic - with Paradise going into dry dock just a few short weeks after we're on her, they wouldn't bother to roll out a new menu for that brief a period, would they?

For us, this dinner is the opportunity of a lifetime - we're pretty much steerage class overall, but this is something we dream of all the time. I mean, what are the chances of us ever getting to eat real Wagyu beef? I can tell you - slim and none. We have to think it over and justify going to Taco Bell as a luxury night. (don't get me started on White Castle - that's a once every two to three years event)

Anyway, love to hear your thoughts and opinions on Chef's Table, and appreciate all viewpoints.

Hmmm...drunken and heavy massaged Japanese cows vs. Taco Bell and the rare treat of White Castle...that's a tough call! But then again, I am a huge White Castle fan!! We just did the Chef's Table on the Sunshine last week and the sous chef stated that they change the menu every 2 to 2 1/2 years and are not due to change for another year (although the Vista and probably the Horizon are operating outside the normal menu schedule). He did say that the top chefs were recently all in Miami submitting their recipes for the next Chef's Table lineup and it then has to go out for approvals so it will still take some time before it is finalized and then every chef has to be trained in how to prepare it. So I think that you are safe for a Jan. 2018 cruise.

• 1 month later...

I have had both the old menu with the Wagyu beef, and the new menu. I do not believe you will be disappointed with either one.

Both experiences were delicious, delightful and delovely, and truly the highlight of each of those cruises.

Edited by bury me at sea
typo

I’ve had the old menu and the current menu. You will love every bite you take. I’ve eaten tasting menus ranging from $100/pp up to $750/pp. and carnivals is worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums